Taxi From Port Of Miami To MIA

wee-haggis

We arrive back on a Monday with 4 ships arriving within an hour of each other. If we get an early disembarkation (taking care of our own suitcases) , will getting a taxi be a problem ?

So that's $20 for 2 people. What would a taxi cost (not Uber).

DO NOT take a cab from FLL or MIA! They are the worst in North America and if they rip you off it isn’t because you weren’t warned

I have taken taxi from port to MIA many times - yes there is a line but it is pretty organized -and moves quickly. I have never had a problem either with non speaking drivers (I have had the head taxi person that runs the line tell them where we were going before we ever got in so we have never had that problem) and have not experienced anyone being rude. It is a flat rate I also believe $27 so not sure how they could rip someone off. Last year we sailed 3 days after the hurricane and the taxi drivers before and after the cruise were so grateful that we still came - and said that to us.

Just like in all places and all types of work there are a few that make a situation worse but certainly would not want them all lumped together - our experience has always been positive - just my personal observation. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes it is 20 for two and the cab drivers are the worst and they will rip you off and do not speak English .They are also rude and well I will leave it at that.

Airport hotel advised us that taxi would be about $30, uber $20 or so. Our uber trip hotel to port was $19 plus tip. Smooth ride no hassle but also did not speak English!

Uber from our hotel was supposed to be $18. Somehow the driver took a wrong turn at the cruise port. We found out hours later that the tab was $29 Had I known this while still in the car, I would have raised the issue. And to think I tipped him on top of it.

A lot of taxi drivers in Miami are crooks. We were at the Intercontinental and could see the ship and the taxi went the opposite direction. Arriving at the ship wanted $42, I gave him $10 and suggested he call the police if he had a problem and he left with a few choice words.

I would look at booking a shared shuttle. You'll find the prices reasonable IMHO. You'll find a list of them in the ports section. They have multiple shuttles running and you call as soon as you grab your luggage. Never waited more than 10 minutes even with 4 ships in port.

Does anyone have the names/numbers of reputable taxi companies in Miami? We have to go from our hotel TO the airport and while the hotel does offer a shuttle, it only goes once a day and too late for our preference (only at noon), we like to get to the port earlier than that.

We know about Uber and Lyft but have not yet taken the plunge, so taxis only, please. Thanks.

We have always just asked the hotel concierge to get us a taxi to the port. We have had no problems going to and from the port via taxis.

We have taken taxis from MIA to hotels in Fort Lauderdale and back as well from 2011 to this tear. Only once did we have an issue travelling from the port to a hotel close to MIA. The driver managed to wind the cost, which was usually around $85 plus tip, to $125.

We arrive back on a Monday with 4 ships arriving within an hour of each other. If we get an early disembarkation (taking care of our own suitcases) , will getting a taxi be a problem ?

There will be a taxi stand as you exit. With so many people using alternatives--either buses or Uber/Lyft I've been finding the taxis very available at Port of Miami this year. The fare is a set rate and not far off of what I've paid when using Uber or Lyft for the trip.

In Miami I've had problems with shared ride drivers finding their way to the right place and then finding me, not to mention the traffic jam because shared rides are currently the " in thing" while the Taxis have proved to be "no lines no waiting."