Upgrade fairy - Junior Suite on Paradise for $1000 more! Um, no thanks!

ProgRockCruiser

So never having received an upgrade offer before, I finally got one. We are booked in an Oceanview on Main deck of the Paradise for our cruise to Cuba. Got an email offer to upgrade "to a suite", with this image (hopefully it shows up, appears to be a regular stock image off their website):

152d1b924217101c614298dae84c87df.jpg

Offer was for a Junior Suite on the Verandah deck. That image isn't a Junior Suite!

Beyond that little mis-representation, the upgrade price of an added $1000 is about the same as if I just booked a JS from the start.

And we looked at what a JS really was: a balcony cabin with a slightly bigger room with couch. Yeah, no, we'll keep the $1K and maybe take a 3 or 4-day on Liberty with the Cheers package for that money instead!

Got an offer last night to move from our deck10/Lido balcony room on Magic down to an Ocean Suite on deck 7 for a total of $460. I declined as that "special" rate for an ocean suite was about the going rack-rate for it back when I had booked out cruise. Rather keep our Lido location and we were able to snag FTTF so we'll save the $460 for elsewhere...

We are on the Paradise next May in one of the Jr Suites on deck 14, and I am fairly certain the difference between an OV and our cabin was not that much from the start.

I think you made a wise decision about the upgrade "bargain."