Could someone explain this 3 drink for diamonds please

firefly333

Ive already admitted its been a long time since my last RCL cruise.

Of course I would love to have the 3 glasses of wine with my dinner but I take it I have to get the drinks elsewhere?

Sorry, Im starting with basic questions to try and catch up on changes to perks.

I get credit for 3 drinks on my seapass card right? But I have to get the drinks in a certain lounge or how does this work.

Too bad I cant just have them at dinner, but I am sure thats not how it works, im reading thru another thread and trying to understand it.

You can have unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge during the evening "free" cocktail period.

Additionally, you have 3 drink vouchers per evening you can use at any bar, during the same period as the free drinks are provided in the Diamond Lounge.

Some (not all) ships all allowing the vouchers to be used in the dining room.

Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Crown and Anchor members get three free drinks loaded on their Seapass card. You can also get free drinks in the Diamond Lounge each evening. There is an evening cocktail time approximately 5:00-8:30 each evening - time varies slightly by ship. You can visit the lounge for unlimited drinks or use your Seapass card drinks at most bars. Some ships allow use in the MDR.

Drinks include beer, basic cocktails and wine (2-3 choices). No frozen blender drinks.

Drinks loaded on your card are not cumulative. You have to use them each evening during the Diamond Lounge cocktail time, otherwise you lose them.

Ive already admitted its been a long time since my last RCL cruise.

Of course I would love to have the 3 glasses of wine with my dinner but I take it I have to get the drinks elsewhere?

Sorry, Im starting with basic questions to try and catch up on changes to perks.

I get credit for 3 drinks on my seapass card right? But I have to get the drinks in a certain lounge or how does this work.

Too bad I cant just have them at dinner, but I am sure thats not how it works, im reading thru another thread and trying to understand it.

On Oasis class, you are allowed to order drinks in the MDR and SR.

Do we know which ships will let you get your free drinks at dinner?
I'd like to know that too. Was recently on Anthem, and we couldn't get free wine at dinner. We stopped in the DL or Bolaros to get our drinks before heading into dinner. Not a big deal, but not as convenient. Next cruise booked is on Serenade and I'm hoping by then things will be consistent fleet-wide.[emoji6][emoji485]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

I'd like to know that too. Was recently on Anthem, and we couldn't get free wine at dinner. We stopped in the DL or Bolaros to get our drinks before heading into dinner. Not a big deal, but not as convenient. Next cruise booked is on Serenade and I'm hoping by then things will be consistent fleet-wide.[emoji6][emoji485]

I am on Enchantment next week. Guess I will find out then. :D

We were on the Serenade for her spring TA and were able to get our free drinks in the MDR.

On our recent Anthem cruise I asked the Head Waiter and he told me no. However, he had no knowledge or feigned ignorance that it was allowed on Oasis classes sailing from the US.

On our recent Anthem cruise I asked the Head Waiter and he told me no. .

And our waiter on the Anthem 9/6 sailing said yes. As has been reported, some have experienced yes and no on a B2B. Basically, other that a few ships, like Oasis, where it's somewhat established that you can use the perk in the MDR, the other ships are a crap shoot.

I know you are asking about wine, but you can also get bottles waters and sodas during the 3 1/2 hour time frame.

I just got off the Serenade last Tues. from B2B (Baltics/TA). I don’t go to the MDR for dinner anymore, but I did check my paper and it only mentioned the vouchers not being available to use at Vintages.

On the TA, since there were so many Diamond and above, they had the nightly Diamond and above in the Safari Lounge. They had a table set up with alreadypoured glasses of wine, and there was never any issue taking them out. On the Baltics Cruise, the Diamond Lounge was always crowded and most of us grabbed a drink and went and sat in Vortex (old Viking Crown Lounge).

Another nice touch on the TA, they set up a full breakfast (not just Continental) every morning in Safari from 0700-1000 for Diamond and above.

If the ship you choose won’t let you order in MDR, it should be easy to grab a couple of glasses to take in with you. Have a glass before dinner in Diamond Lounge, and grab a couple to go. I don’t know how strict some ships are with leaving Lounge with drinks, but on the Serenade, they didn’t care.

And our waiter on the Anthem 9/6 sailing said yes. As has been reported, some have experienced yes and no on a B2B. Basically, other that a few ships, like Oasis, where it's somewhat established that you can use the perk in the MDR, the other ships are a crap shoot.

Really! Amazing inconsistencies.:p

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the included drinks and was wondering if u can get vodka in a Bloody Mary or something like a Sea Breeze?

Appreciate any further info. We will be on the Anthem in December and just reached Diamond status. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was looking at the included drinks and was wondering if u can get vodka in a Bloody Mary or something like a Sea Breeze?

Appreciate any further info. We will be on the Anthem in December and just reached Diamond status. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, they have the basic mixers. No blender/frozen drinks.