Luminae Lunch Closures

aquashores

Just so I understand......we are in a suite on Reflection and have no plans to get off of the ship on several port days. What are our options for lunch? is BLU open even though Luminae is closed? We would not be interested in Sushi 5.

TIA for answering!

Wait. I am paying big money for a suite and to dine in Luminee and it is closed for lunch on port days so the crew can go ashore. Yes every one is entitled to days off but with the prices that are now being charged the cruise line should have enough people to keep the restaurant open and allow the help to have their time off.

Wait. I am paying big money for a suite and to dine in Luminee and it is closed for lunch on port days so the crew can go ashore. Yes every one is entitled to days off but with the prices that are now being charged the cruise line should have enough people to keep the restaurant open and allow the help to have their time off.

it appears that the reason it is closed on port days is lack of interest, makes sense on Celebrity's part. Just eat somewhere else.

The fact is that Luminae is closed for lunch on port days. Although you may not be going ashore most passengers will. It makes no financial sense to open Luminae, Blu or the MDR on port days. We too stay on the ship on some port days but find lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe delicious and with no crowds very relaxing.

The fact is that Luminae is closed for lunch on port days. Although you may not be going ashore most passengers will. It makes no financial sense to open Luminae, Blu or the MDR on port days. We too stay on the ship on some port days but find lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe delicious and with no crowds very relaxing.

+1 we also go to the Aqua Spa Café on some non port days.

To be perfectly honest we find the Luminae lunch menu a bit 'heavy' anyway and don't always use on sea days or just order a soup and salad.

We do enjoy most cruises at least one port day without getting off to enjoy a quiet ship! The buffet is great on those days, really quiet, lots of choices...no looking for tables...

We have also used room service without any issue too, apart from ordering what we thought was three slices of pizza only to receive three full pizzas!

Seriously I don't think you will miss Luminae.

It would be nice to hear from X, however, if Sushi on 5 is free on these days as previously Bistro on 5 was. Personally we probably will not use but it is nice to know just what is included in your suite package.

It would be nice to hear from X, however, if Sushi on 5 is free on these days as previously Bistro on 5 was. Personally we probably will not use but it is nice to know just what is included in your suite package.

This was a big issue some time ago.

The X Official poster did state at that time that people could dine in Bistro in 5 on port days for lunch free of charge.

However when onboard we mentioned this in BO5 we were told that it only applied to PH and RS guests.

The Luminae lunch times came up in discussion with our maitre d. When I mentioned the comments by the Official X poster on here he contacted the hotel director and charges were removed for BO5 immediately. This all came about because Celebrity initially claimed that Luminae would be open every day, people booked after reading this and then they omitted lunch on port days disappointing many suite guests.

I strongly suspect that lunch in BO5 or even SO5 (depending on ship) is no longer included for celebrity suite or sky suite guests these days. But yes, it would be nice to have feedback from Celebrity Official though they rarely respond to requests for clarification on here and when they do they have been known to be incorrect on more than one occasion!

The last time we ate in there was on the Eclipse where it had been rebranded Taj on 5 for just for one day. For a $15 cover charge they held a pretty good Indian buffet just for a change.

Edited by Mynki

The last time we ate in there was on the Eclipse where it had been rebranded Taj on 5 for just for one day. For a $15 cover charge they held a pretty good Indian buffet just for a change.

I hope they do this on our Eclipse cruise!

I can't understand why they don't use Bistro like this on all ships! Sushi one day, Indian the next, maybe a Tapas bar....

It would not be hard to sort, same menu from lunch through dinner, repeating every X days dependent on cruise length. It would really add to the variety of cruise food!

Seems like your only options are:

a) Join us serfs at the buffet or Aquaspa cafe. We are really not that bad, honest.

b) Take a repositioning cruise with lots of sea days to eat lunch in Luminae more often.

c) Sail with Cunard who offer suite guests lunch on port days.

Why should they staff a restaurant that will have a very low demand on port days just for a few passengers? Irrespective of the price they have paid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in a Celebrity Suite a few months ago and the Bistro on 5 cost was automatically waived. We haven't been since Sushi on 5 has been introduced.

I was initially upset when the promised 3 meals a day in Luminae were changed to no lunch on port days (had booked 2 suite cruises thinking it would be 3 meals/day), but after experiencing Luminae I think it is better to not always be able to eat 3 meals a day in there. We loved every meal, but on the sea days, when we did eat 3 meals/day in there, we were a bit uncomfortable and barely able to maintain our wine/cocktail quota. ;) The food is so good (with generous portions) and it is tempting to have a full meal + dessert every time. Frankly, I was relieved on port days when we didn't leave the ship to just grab a burger at the Mast Grill or on our balcony with Room Service or have soup and salad at BO5.

I know they briefly tried the brunch thing, which probably would have worked better for us (sleep in and cut back to 2 meals/day), but I understand that others want/need breakfast earlier than that.

The 3 meals a day is a good concept for suites, but having something lighter, without the need for a lot of staff might work better for lunch on port days. I would love a special Room Service lunch menu for suites on port days or box lunches with a gourmet sandwich, chips, cookie, fruit to be ordered through Room Service would be great. Or if they just keep it the way it is, I'm sure we will find something good to eat for lunch elsewhere.

We loved the daily FREE Indian buffet in OceanView Cafe on Connie. Don't ask Celebrity to make it once a cruise and for a fee! Eventually they will realize that they don't have a workable concept for Xon5 and make it a nice bar or something.

One of the main reasons we booked Cunard for our next cruise is the fact that the suite restaurants are open on port days. Another was they have proper formal nights still!

Thanks for that info on the proper formal nights. That confirms that I will never sail on Cunard.:D