Sea sickness pills - does NCL give them for free?

Check w one's own PCP/doctor about dosage, these generic Bonine in 12.5 mg also in 25 mg, OTC (over the counter) and no RX scripts needed. CVS & Walmart for less than $10 a bottle of 50 to 100.

Skip the ship's line for free meds @ reception, 1 per person & no 20% thing.436c9a951e2b0ddcde8560ebcfeb4def.jpg

Sent from my dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

30+ years ago you could get Dramamine from the Purser for no charge.

Nowadays, they are more than happy to direct you to the shops on board, or the medical center where you can BUY them.

I am concerned about getting seasick and already bought both regular and non-drowsy Dramamine. But what if I run out? I am reading on here that there are some cruise lines that give out pills for free. Just wondering about NCL.

I'm one of those that used the patch behind the ear (can't think of the name of them) and they worked great!!!! I wanna say I only used 2 throughout the week and I had no problems at all and yes, I had a few drinks too 😉 Guess I was a lucky one but I will say.....next cruise, I will use them again!!!

Good luck to u and have a great time 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I'm one of those that used the patch behind the ear (can't think of the name of them) and they worked great!!!! I wanna say I only used 2 throughout the week and I had no problems at all and yes, I had a few drinks too 😉 Guess I was a lucky one but I will say.....next cruise, I will use them again!!!

Good luck to u and have a great time 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I've used the patches on three cruises in the past four years without issue. I put on on before boarding and usually have to change it out very 3 days. Without the patch I'd be sick as a dog. With it, mildly queasy on occasion, usually when I can't see the horizon, which is why we try to book balcony staterooms if not a suite.

• 1 month later...

Why would you wait to get seasick before you take anything? We have been on many cruises with very rough seas. We take Bonnie once a day starting the morning before our cruise and have never experienced seasickness. I became very violently ill years ago on a deep sea fishing boat and have never got on a boat or ship without Bonnie since then. Never had a problem since then. Once you are seasick these meds are useless.

There is a lot of uninformed, "recommendations" being given that are very naive based. A message board is not the place for medication advice. There ARE side effects possible with over the counter as well. The 2 drugs mentioned by the OP, are very different as well, with a main problem- BOTH work on prevention- not after the onset. After the onset, a medical center treatment could be the only relief, so add to the mix to have international medical insurance.

Medical history is important, this should be discussed with their health care provider and/or pharmacist.

If I remember correctly my wife went to guess services and they gave it to her for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never saw that place, anything like guest services? I guess I need to look around more.

I have a very big problem with motion sickness. The patches used to work wonders but now there are too many side effects for me. I take a 1/2 of a Bonine before bed every night starting two nights out. They still make me sleepy during the day. Ginger and the sea bands do nothing for me. The only time I have a real problem is if the sea gets rough and then nothing helps. It's true that your cabin is the worst place you can be if you don't feel well. With all this being said, I still love to cruise and haven't faced rough seas to often. Go enjoy your vacation!