Thanksgiving cruise

Who has cruised on Thanksgiving Day? My friend and I are sailing the Independence, departing on Thanksgiving Day. Is there anything that will be significantly different from any other cruise? (Other than we won't be celebrating at home.)

Edited by superduper123

We use to cruise over Thanksgiving on the Grandeur. We loved to watch the ship be decorated for Christmas. When they switched to a 8 day cruise we no longer cruise in that time frame. There are too many kids on the shorter sailing. The past few years they have a 12 day that leaves the Sat after Thanksgiving and that is when we cruise now. Very few kids and the ship looks beautiful for Christmas.

We use to cruise over Thanksgiving on the Grandeur. We loved to watch the ship be decorated for Christmas. When they switched to a 8 day cruise we no longer cruise in that time frame. There are too many kids on the shorter sailing. The past few years they have a 12 day that leaves the Sat after Thanksgiving and that is when we cruise now. Very few kids and the ship looks beautiful for Christmas.

We do same thing now always the week after , it’s cheaper and very few kids, last year we did navigator this year oasis.

Do you think it is the same way on the 12 night cruise that returns on Thanksgiving Day (in regards to having few kids)? We are on that one this year but have not sailed at that time before.

Do you think it is the same way on the 12 night cruise that returns on Thanksgiving Day (in regards to having few kids)? We are on that one this year but have not sailed at that time before.

There should be fewer kids on that cruise also since the cruise is before most Thanksgiving vacations begin. I know in PA the kids do not get out of school until the day before Thanksgiving and go back either that Monday or Tuesday. I know I would not have taken my kids out of school for that long before a holiday.

Turkey dinner...decorations on the table..that's about it. Thanksgiving is an AMERICAN holiday...and the ship and crew are NOT American!

But, DUH...most of the passengers are AMERICAN and the ship and the crew tend to cater to and want to make the passengers' cruise experience as enjoyable as possible so they will come back. Does this make any sense at all to you?:rolleyes: Probably not!