Burgers for free?

On ships with Johnny Rockets, are there places to get a burger for free? Also, what do they serve for breakfast at Johnny Rockets?

The buffet (Windjammer)

Presuming the OP will be on an Oasis class ship since those are the only ships where JR serves breakfast, there is also the wipe out cafe or mini-bites for burgers.

The Royal Burger

8 oz Prime Wagyu beef, crispy bacon, aged cheddar, carmelized onions, toasted bun

Interesting. This appears to be almost exactly like the description of the Bistro Burger on the old menu except for the wagyu beef. The room service burger was by far the best burger I had onboard all week on my last RC cruise

On ships with Johnny Rockets, are there places to get a burger for free? Also, what do they serve for breakfast at Johnny Rockets?

the Room Service burger is probably the best burger on board./ the WJ discs of mystery meat I wouldn't touch with ten foot pole. the MDR lunch burger isn't bad.

Presuming the OP will be on an Oasis class ship since those are the only ships where JR serves breakfast, there is also the wipe out cafe or mini-bites for burgers.

And the last time that we had a wipe out burger (on Oasis) it was a little better than those in the WJ. But really the biggest problem with WJ burgers was that they were never hot, barely warm, and with any burger that isn't hot you're going to taste the fat more. Even JR burgers have fat in them.

There's a over charge for Johnny rocket's, can't remember how much,but there is a charge.

Sent from my E5653 using Forums mobile app

$9.95 plus 18% gratuity per person.

2 years ago on Oasis the cover charge was $6.95. I bought an 'original' milkshake ala carte for $3.50 (no cover charge) but I only did it once because it tasted like something from McDonalds....not what I remember at all about JR from 2 previous cruises.

I saw that as well. JR’s were slightly larger and then of course were cooked to order instead of sitting in a tray.

This is why, when on an RCI ship we get a craving for JR's. JR's is not that great, but I will not eat those burgers that have been sitting in a tray for who knows how long.

the Room Service burger is probably the best burger on board./ the WJ discs of mystery meat I wouldn't touch with ten foot pole. the MDR lunch burger isn't bad.

You got lucky. Two different times I ordered the room service burger, both times it came as a cold and inedible hockey puck. :o

If you go on Carnival, Guys Burgers is included and they are great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Holland America also has an excellent made-to-order burger place on their ships (the Dive-In). When I first saw that Royal had replaced the normally free pool grill with JR's on Anthem I couldn't believe it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

We had breakfast at JR on Allure. They had american style breakfast items such as eggs, waffles etc, I had some really nice french toast, it is complimentary on Oasis class for breakfast, I think it was $7.99 cover for lunch and dinner.

JRs is free for breakfast on Allure????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless things have drastically changed in three years, there is NO way that mystery meat pattie in the WJ floating in the vat of grease at lunch is the same burger you get at JRs. Nope, Im just not gonna believe that until I see it with my own eyes. I sincerely hope they have improved the WJ burger served during lunch though. It was terrible.

Watch the show megafoods, and you will see them prepare the meat all together. The key difference is how they are cooked, not what they are made with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless things have drastically changed in three years, there is NO way that mystery meat pattie in the WJ floating in the vat of grease at lunch is the same burger you get at JRs. Nope, Im just not gonna believe that until I see it with my own eyes. I sincerely hope they have improved the WJ burger served during lunch though. It was terrible.

Actually, when I was on Freedom in April the lunch burgers were better than in the past. They were no longer "floating in a vat of grease". They were on broiler type trays with slats in them to allow drainage of any drippings. The burgers during dinner were excellent. They are different from lunch burgers.

If you don't like greasy burgers I don't know how you can like J.R. burgers. The food in there is plenty greasy.

Just watch the show on YouTube. The chef specifically says that they are the same as he is forming the patties and states the only difference is in the weight.

Here is the link:

Just watch the show on YouTube. The chef specifically says that they are the same as he is forming the patties and states the only difference is in the weight.

Here is the link:

The burgers in the Windjammer used to be frozen patties and one of the complaints on this forum. Its been over 3 years since Ive been on a RC ship though. Im glad to hear they have changed :)

If you don't like greasy burgers I don't know how you can like J.R. burgers. The food in there is plenty greasy.

Because as I mentioned before, the hotter the burger is the more palatable the fat is. I mean usually....because I have eaten ground beef before (not on cruise ships) that was so fatty that I couldn't get past the first bite.

And I should add that I couldn't even be certain that it was beef....lol..... :-/