Qsine leaving Infinity

W283386

This restaurant is no longer showing as an option on my December 2018 cruise on Infinity. I swear it was an option when I booked the cruise in March. Has there been an announcement as to what is taking its place?

Back to back on Infinity now...

Le Petit Chef replaced Qsine effective with the Pacific Coastal cruise that departed San Diego on 17 May...

No personal experience yet but wildly popular; guests seemingly love it!

We ate one time at Qsine January 2017 and thought it was over rated. Our last cruise we left the Sky Lounge and walked out side to the elevators at Qsine. I looked in Qsine and saw a friend with his 2 kids having dinner. They were the only 3 people in the restaurant. This was March 2018 on Millie about 7pm.

Qsine was great the first time, ok the second. But basically two and done. Which I'm thinking will be the same for Le Petit Chef. Hope somebody in Miami is working on v.3 already...

Qsine was great the first time, ok the second. But basically two and done. Which I'm thinking will be the same for Le Petit Chef. Hope somebody in Miami is working on v.3 already...

We experienced Le petit chef on Reflection in March and thoroughly enjoyed. Like you we thought Q’sine lacking in concept and ready for a change.

Whilst at present there is a one version show of Le Petit Chef and one menu we were told that the story (and menu) could be altered over time....We were, however, told that after our cruise Le Petit Chef would only be on evening chic nights and the Q’sine menu would be available other nights. Obviously this has not happened....Le Petit Chef est tres populaire!

Slightly off topic but how popular is Sushi on five. Just off Silhouette and it was never busy, in fact it was mostly completely empty. This could be because it was the Bravo cruise or could be that it never gets busy.

Qsine is now "passe" (can't add the French accent) as in yesterday's new thing. It used an iPad for selection and they must have worn out....

The newest thing, translated from the French of course is "the little chef".

We liked the offerings but we limited our choices greatly making Qsine an expensive appetizer stop. Loved the Silver bullet.

What on earth is Le Petite Chef? (Nevermind-- I searched on the X site. --- )

Is this offering in Qsine on all ships changing?

Our fav is Murano. We have really enjoyed the specialty dining and are disappointed they did away with UDP

Is this offering in Qsine on all ships changing?

Our fav is Murano.

Yes Qsine is history and will be phased out on all X ships.

Murano and the M-class equivalents are/were our favourites. In matter of fact we no longer call the M-class our preferred ships because the best specialty restaurants were changed to Tuscan. We'll sail on Solstice class now except for a really special / price occasion.

Slightly off topic but how popular is Sushi on five. Just off Silhouette and it was never busy, in fact it was mostly completely empty. This could be because it was the Bravo cruise or could be that it never gets busy.

We did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Equinox March 2018. Anytime we went by Sushi on Five (both cruises) very few to no one was in there. I always thought Bistro on Five was a waste of space also.

Murano and the M-class equivalents are/were our favourites. In matter of fact we no longer call the M-class our preferred ships because the best specialty restaurants were changed to Tuscan. We'll sail on Solstice class now except for a really special / price occasion.

I couldn't agree more! Murano and the former Ocean Liners equivalents on the M class ships are the only specialty worth the upcharge to us. Q-sine was a 1 and done, Tuscan is neither true Italian, nor a true steakhouse and not worth the price (although the view and service are nice). From my perusal of Le Petit Chef menu and video display, I would maybe try once for the novelty (or not), but that would be it. I also don't see why on earth it would be charged at a higher price than Murano. When sailing M-class, we don't do specialty dining at all since Ocean Liners was removed, and instead prefer Aqua class for Blu.

I couldn't agree more! Murano and the former Ocean Liners equivalents on the M class ships are the only specialty worth the upcharge to us. Q-sine was a 1 and done, Tuscan is neither true Italian, nor a true steakhouse and not worth the price (although the view and service are nice). From my perusal of Le Petit Chef menu and video display, I would maybe try once for the novelty (or not), but that would be it. I also don't see why on earth it would be charged at a higher price than Murano. When sailing M-class, we don't do specialty dining at all since Ocean Liners was removed, and instead prefer Aqua class for Blu.

We did LPC on Reflection earlier this month. It was fun and the food was good. I did switch my soup for French onion soup instead of the Boullibase (sp?). I do agree that it is a ‘one and done’. Also, I would recommend holding out for the discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did LPC on Reflection earlier this month. It was fun and the food was good. I did switch my soup for French onion soup instead of the Boullibase (sp?). I do agree that it is a ‘one and done’. Also, I would recommend holding out for the discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always do, thanks. Everyone has their preferences when faction ing. DH and I really enjoy the sophisticated atmosphere of Murano and would choose that over LPC. Although it appears to be cute and amusing I'd tired of it after the first course presentation. I'm not saying it's bad, just not my first choice for specialty dining. It's nice that there are options.

We always do, thanks. Everyone has their preferences when faction ing. DH and I really enjoy the sophisticated atmosphere of Murano and would choose that over LPC. Although it appears to be cute and amusing I'd tired of it after the first course presentation. I'm not saying it's bad, just not my first choice for specialty dining. It's nice that there are options.

So you are giving a review without trying it? Just saying;)

So you are giving a review without trying it? Just saying;)

No, not a review. I watched the video of the presentation along with the menu. I was bored after the first course. It was cute and the menu was okay, but having watched the whole thing I know myself enough to say I prefer to dine in Murano which is more of the dining atmosphere and choices that I enjoy. I'm not putting down the LPC, many will enjoy it just like many like Tuscan. Choices are nice to have and to each their own.:)

We too visited Q-sine once, only once and that was when it was first introduced. Too much emphasis on gimmicks and not enough on the food IMHO. I really wish Celebrity would look to the actual High Streets to see what food is now popular. Sure, Keep Murano and similar for fine dining but for casual dining opportunities why aren't we seeing more 'street food' style options? Tacos, Cubanos, Fried Halloumi sticks, crepes, nachos, raclette, fish'n'chips, noodles, flatbreads etc etc with all those nationalities employed in the kitchens surely it isn't impossible to reflect the true taste of world food on board? The thin grey burger served with limp fries by the pool is a thing of the past. Keep up Celebrity!

We found Qsine ho hum....UNTIL we started organizing groups from our roll calls for group dinners. We've had as few as 25 and, on our last cruise, the Eclipse TA this April as many as 50 in Qsine at one time. The dinners were a blast, the staff was great...it was a wonderful way to get to know other people on your roll call and have a fun dinner. Too bad that option is gone now, can't imagine doing this with "La Petit Chef" which sounds even more gimmicky than Qsine…. will we go? I don't know, probably once...but we won't pay $55 per person for sure...if they offer a deal we'll give it a go...once....

Has Celebrity announced that Qsine is history on all ships? Where are you getting this info?

Just on Infinity a few weeks ago (Panama Canal). Sushi on 5 was empty every single night. I saw a small handful of guests and mostly crew there.

I'm sad Qsine is gone on Infinity =(

Just off a B2B on the Infinity, Panama Canal it was Quisine (ate there once, on 15 day cruise, as usual it was OK). They changed over to LA Petite Chef for the Pacific Coast. We ate there the first night of the opening, it was FANTASTIC! We were so impressd we made reservations for later in the cruise. The presentation was captivating and the food was superb. We watched the reaction of people throughout both meals, never saw so many people giggle and laugh! There were things we saw the second time that we had not noticed the first. The lobster course was a full tail and the filet was one of the best we have had. The staff was wonderful, service was outstanding and the timing of the courses was comfortable. Spoke to a gentleman from corporate who was there, the possibilities are endless for changing both the presentation and the menu in the future.

As with any new restaurant, there will be differing opinions, but for us, we are looking forward to doing it again on the Edge!