Royal Caribbean Website Update

I am still not able to book a room with a C&A Diamond balcony discount.

It continues to state "information is not currently available".

No plans to actually book. Prices have gone up, and up, and up, and the "BOGO sales" just keep on coming.

The NEW website is up (at least for now.) Got a slightly different look and feel. Would not be surprised it they take it down while they continue to work on it / roll it out.

EDIT: And no sooner did I post the above .... it's screwy. Pages are not redirecting. Betting it will be all squared away by tomorrow. As an IT guy I find it interesting they rolled it out in the middle of the week though I guess that makes more sense, since weekends are probably peak periods for a site like this.

I see the new pages, but I cannot choose any options - if I want to check cruises in Nov 2015, I cannot, because the choises do not apply/function. I can choose the dates but they do not affect into the view.

I can only scroll through 588 choises page by page. Not good.

After the update, I am not able to see Rccl.com (US page) which is the one I use to book my cruises. :confused:

It redirects me to the norwegian site (rccl.no) where I am not able to "change country" :mad: The norwegian site is no good for searching and I was not able to log in to "my cruises".

What if you use the address http://www.royalcaribbean.com?

After the update, I am not able to see Rccl.com (US page) which is the one I use to book my cruises. :confused:

It redirects me to the norwegian site (rccl.no) where I am not able to "change country" :mad: The norwegian site is no good for searching and I was not able to log in to "my cruises".

You may have to use a VPN site like "tunnelbear" to bypass the automatic re- routing based on your IP address.

Normally I can't access the US site, today can't access the UK site but was able to open US site! I was hoping to see Explorer's new deck plans but the plans from April 2015 are still the same as the old ones.

Yes, I like to do that also, but now it doesn't work :mad:

But if you instead go to royalcaribbean.com/ncr (stands for no country redirect) it should work :D rccl.com/ncr does not seem to work however :confused:

Edited by Bastiman

But if you instead go to royalcaribbean.com/ncr (stands for no country redirect) it should work :D

Well not exactly, I just found out when looking at the screenshot in an earlier post, it shows the old homepage... :confused::mad:

Until they fix that, VPN is probably the only real solution.

I still get the Norwegian site:mad:

Tried "everything" - but it still redirects me "home":(

And there I am not able to see all the available staterooms….. Only on the Us site

Can you access the UK site? It usually shows more available staterooms than the US site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk

Well, it´s up.... and sort of running... But actually I find it harder to access with those automatic pull down menus and then you´re finally redirected to the old layout. The new search is nice but I preferred the easy one with only four options to chose. Now I have to scroll way back down to find the option "ship". How about offering an easy one and a link to an extended one for those who really want to narrow down their search results.

BTW I´m not redirected to the German website and now the prices are shown in USD and not in Euro as before.

steamboats

The changes don't even work in the Explorer I was using (an older version but the site worked before). But opened in Firefox. I do like the search at the bottom of the main page (and you can even filter on exact dates instead of the entire month). It's nice too how the next screen shows you about the ports and itinerary.

As many of you have noted, we made an update last night to our web site, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com.

You will see big changes to our home page and the way you search for a cruise on the site. We've added better tools and filters on the Cruise Search page, more details about the itineraries and ships, and more! We have additional updates to the site coming in the future. For now, we welcome your feedback and thank you for continuing to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Royal Caribbean International

Wow. Maybe it's just me, but it is MASSIVELY harder to search for a cruise based on specifics.

It's not that bad for me. If you go to Plan a Cruise > Find a Cruise (at the top of the home page), all cruise options will come up, but then down the left hand side of the list is a whole area to select specifics. You can even select certain days of the month.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

As many of you have noted, we made an update last night to our web site, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com.*You will see big changes to our home page and the way you search for a cruise on the site. *We've added better tools and filters on the Cruise Search page, more details about the itineraries and ships, and more! We have additional updates to the site coming in the future. For now, we welcome your feedback and thank you for continuing to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for keeping us updated. If you're actually reading this, when you select an itinerary and then hit "about the ship", I'd like to be able to access deck plans from there. It doesn't seem possible right now.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

As many of you have noted, we made an update last night to our web site, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com.*You will see big changes to our home page and the way you search for a cruise on the site. *We've added better tools and filters on the Cruise Search page, more details about the itineraries and ships, and more! We have additional updates to the site coming in the future. For now, we welcome your feedback and thank you for continuing to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

I do miss the search option when logged into "your cruise account" I would always use this to ensure I was getting the best rate with my C&A discount.

I keep getting 'the system is currently unable to handle your request for {0} logon.'

I've cleared my cache and used different browsers.

Don't know if this is a coincidence but I just received a credit card alert for $100 refund from Royal Caribbean. Cruise is already paid in full and edocs issued. I'm sure this is not a good time to call to find out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It defn is not easier to look up cruise deals and pricing.

While I can appreicate they are trying to give people more information, it is way too cluttered.

There is such thing as too much sensory overload! When people visit travel sites, its usually to quickly get quotes or compare deals, and this new site doesnt make that happen for sure.

I have been on their for over an hour this morning...can't even find something as simple as how to get your quote in CAD??!...really??!

I like to be able to search for my cruises from port of departure. When I clicked in to weekend getaways it gave me everything without the ability to filter. It's pretty to look at, but not as useful as I'd like. Also would like to be able to easily find deck plans.....