First Time Suite Passenger

I object 2

I'm so excited! I upgraded our balcony cabin to a Vista suite on our upcoming cruise as a surprise anniversary gift for my DH. This is our first time in a suite, so I have questions for you "suite" people. :D

* Do Priority boarding passes for suite passengers have different color coding then boarding passes for elites and plats? We're platinum, so "Priority Boarding" is printed on a green banner at the top of the board passes.

* Exactly what is the "Enhanced Turn Down Service" listed under Suite amenities? I have visions of music playing in the background as the steward performs turn down service. ;)

* If suite passengers receive complimentary passes to the thermal suite, do we need to visit the spa immediately after boarding to confirm we will be using this perk? I understand only so many passes are available per cruise.

If you have any other info you'd like to share about the "suite" life, please do. I'm anxious to hear all about it!!!

I'm so excited! I upgraded our balcony cabin to a Vista suite on our upcoming cruise as a surprise anniversary gift for my DH. This is our first time in a suite, so I have questions for you "suite" people. :D

* Do Priority boarding passes for suite passengers have different color coding then boarding passes for elites and plats? We're platinum, so "Priority Boarding" is printed on a green banner at the top of the board passes.

* Exactly what is the "Enhanced Turn Down Service" listed under Suite amenities? I have visions of music playing in the background as the steward performs turn down service. ;)

* If suite passengers receive complimentary passes to the thermal suite, do we need to visit the spa immediately after boarding to confirm we will be using this perk? I understand only so many passes are available per cruise.

If you have any other info you'd like to share about the "suite" life, please do. I'm anxious to hear all about it!!!

Jan;

What a nice surprise. There is a separate priority embarkation area. I don't think the cards are coded to differentiate between Suites, Plats and Elites. Regarding the Thermal Spa, when you get on the ship head to the spa and they will either give you a wristband or place a small decal on your cruise card. I've seen it done both ways. Best suite perk by far is breakfast in Sabatinis. I also enjoyed the ability to order MDR menu items that you can enjoy in your suite. As far as the "Enhanced Turn Down Service" I've never noticed anything special. I could be missing something though.

Send me an email if you have anymore questions.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I love surprises. Congratulations.

Suite and Elite are housed in the same room in San Pedro (LA). Both board at the same time. Platinum sometimes have their own area, depending on the amount of each level.

Enhanced nightly turn down service includes canopies or chocolate strawberries or other nice treats. You order them the night before. On my last cruise, there wasn't any canopies waiting for us on embarkation day.

You will get a pillow menu.

Definitely enjoy Sabatini's. Orange juice is fresh squeezed (also mimosas). Specialty coffees included. You can almost ask for anything off the menu within reason.

You will have your own line at the customer service desk (for Elite and Suite members).

Enjoy having Main Dining Room menu items and afternoon tea service delivered to your room.

I think that suites are the only way to go...I have only been on 3 cruises but, love the room and extra perks....Princess is a bit thinner than some. one thing you need to be sure of is checking the list of perks...some you have to actively ask to be done like afternoon tea in your suite. then you won't be disappointed when they don't automatically do it.

Jan;

Regarding the Thermal Spa, when you get on the ship head to the spa and they will either give you a wristband or place a small decal on your cruise card. I've seen it done both ways.

Bob

On our most recent cruise, Island - last Christmas, we had a decal on our cruise card.

We did not need to visit the Spa to activate the perk.

The sticker was already on the cruise card when we were given them at check-in.

We've been in suites on NCL..PRINCESS..RCCL..CELEBRITY..and HAL. Never..not once, have we ever received the promised "pillow menu". Maybe some day. I think the only "enhancement" we ever saw on turn-down, was chocolate. The fruit bowl is nice, and the flowers are as well (though I think they have a lone orchid now in lieu of the bouquet)

Enjoy your suite!

The Suite/Elite lounge offers canapes and drink of the day at a reduced price ($5). There will be a card in your cabin to explain the drinks.

You will find a book in your cabin that will give you a list of all the perks and you should find a mini bar set up than can be exchanged for other items such as coffee cards and wine.

You will not have a butler or concierge but your room steward will help you in any way he/she can. Do not be afraid to ask for anything you want or anything you would like to know.

Along with Sabatini's breakfast the size of the barhroom is the 2nd best perk for us. Whirlpool tub, seperate shower and sometimees 2 sinks. Also sometimes seperated areas.

The larger balcony makes for a more pleasant dinng area. Be sure to have the steward bring you the day's Dining Room menus.

Take advantage of the free speciality dinner the first night.

We've been in suites on NCL..PRINCESS..RCCL..CELEBRITY..and HAL. Never..not once, have we ever received the promised "pillow menu". Maybe some day. I think the only "enhancement" we ever saw on turn-down, was chocolate. The fruit bowl is nice, and the flowers are as well (though I think they have a lone orchid now in lieu of the bouquet)

Enjoy your suite!

Just off the Golden and we had a pillow menu and a flower bouquet. Expected the orchid plant that every one had talked about. It was nice to have the arrangement instead.

Golden, Star, and Grand (grand class ships) do not have Thermal Spas.

No pillow menu on the Grand a few weeks ago.

We have occupied suites on Princess for 10 years and I have never seen a "Pillow Menu" and as far as "Enhanced Turn Down Service" all we have ever gotten was the evening turn down with a couple of chocolates on the pillow.

We did get three different towel animals during our recent 12 day Ruby cruise.

The canapes that you can select for delivery each day are unrelated to the turn down.

Mike:)

In addition to the other perks already mentioned, we always enjoy the choice of eating when we want in the MDR.. We always choose ATD, and when we are ready to dine we simply call the dining number, advise them of our suite number and tell them what time we want to eat, and presto, no line to to wait in.:):)

Twice in a suite and both times received a pillow menu!

At my advanced age, I'm over the fear of asking 'dumb questions' so what, exactly, is a 'pillow menu'? Booked our first suite on Regal in March.

My wife likes those memory foam contour pillows. My favorite is one I can 'scrunch-up till it's about the size of a football.

At my advanced age, I'm over the fear of asking 'dumb questions' so what, exactly, is a 'pillow menu'? Booked our first suite on Regal in March.

My wife likes those memory foam contour pillows. My favorite is one I can 'scrunch-up till it's about the size of a football.

There is a small card with pillow choices. They already have too many pillows on the bed. Never requested anything different.

If I remember correctly, choices on the pillow menu were neck roll, body pillow, feather. I can't remember if memory foam was an option. The room steward may not know what type of specialty pillow you are asking for, even if it is on the menu. Be prepared to describe it.

The Star does have a thermal suite. On both of my suite opportunities I had to go to the spa to get a thermal spa sticker for my cruise card. It was not automatic. They claim that they do run out of stickers so you might want to go on embarkation day if your ship has a thermal suite.

Jackie

If I remember correctly, choices on the pillow menu were neck roll, body pillow, feather. I can't remember if memory foam was an option. The room steward may not know what type of specialty pillow you are asking for, even if it is on the menu. Be prepared to describe it.

The Star does have a thermal suite. On both of my suite opportunities I had to go to the spa to get a thermal spa sticker for my cruise card. It was not automatic. They claim that they do run out of stickers so you might want to go on embarkation day if your ship has a thermal suite.

Jackie

Thanks for the correction. Faulty memory. The Golden and the Grand have window suites and no thermal spas. I am waiting for the day I can be booked (upgraded) to a suite on a ship with a thermal spa. Took a tour of one on the Sapphire. Nice perk!

I surprised my DW for our first suite as well and now that's the only way we cruise. We will even cruise less often in order to be in a suite when we do.

Best "suite life" benefits:

- Cabin size

- Balcony size/furniture

- Full menu room service

- Priority boarding/tendering

- Priority dining res (we like ATD)

- Breakfast at Sabatini's (love it!)

- Free laundry

- Separate Pass. Services Desk line (mostly on last night)

- Comp specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation day

- All around special treatment

We can't wait for our next cruise - trying an OS this time.

I do have a few questions regarding dining. I understand Sabatini's does not serve breakfast the morning we disembark. Is room service available for suite passengers on the last morning?

Also, we're not sure whether to choose anytime dining or traditional. If we choose anytime dining, would we be able to switch to traditional? What worked best for you?

Jan

Yes you will get a full room service menu for breakfast each day including the last morning.

We always select anytime since we never know what time we will want to dine as it varies from day to day. However on our cruise last week we mostly ate at the Crown Grill, Crab Shack and Trident Grill in the evenings. I think we went to the dining room one evening out of twelve.

Mike:)