First Time Suite Passenger

I object 2

I'm so excited! I upgraded our balcony cabin to a Vista suite on our upcoming cruise as a surprise anniversary gift for my DH. This is our first time in a suite, so I have questions for you "suite" people. :D

* Do Priority boarding passes for suite passengers have different color coding then boarding passes for elites and plats? We're platinum, so "Priority Boarding" is printed on a green banner at the top of the board passes.

* Exactly what is the "Enhanced Turn Down Service" listed under Suite amenities? I have visions of music playing in the background as the steward performs turn down service. ;)

* If suite passengers receive complimentary passes to the thermal suite, do we need to visit the spa immediately after boarding to confirm we will be using this perk? I understand only so many passes are available per cruise.

If you have any other info you'd like to share about the "suite" life, please do. I'm anxious to hear all about it!!!

Jan, I can inform you that you have made the biggest mistake of your cruising life! :eek: Now you will never be happy with anything else!! :D Suite Cruising will spoil you so quick that you will be looking to upgrade when ever possible. Enjoy the experience as you will simply love it. ;)

I surprised my DW for our first suite as well and now that's the only way we cruise. We will even cruise less often in order to be in a suite when we do.

Best "suite life" benefits:

- Cabin size

- Balcony size/furniture

- Full menu room service

- Priority boarding/tendering

- Priority dining res (we like ATD)

- Breakfast at Sabatini's (love it!)

- Free laundry

- Separate Pass. Services Desk line (mostly on last night)

- Comp specialty restaurant dinner on embarkation day

- All around special treatment

We can't wait for our next cruise - trying an OS this time.

We couldn't agree with you more. We now are more selective about cruising, because we only want to cruise in suites. As for the Benefits you are sooo right. This will be our 1st time in an aft suite (highly recommended by slomotion & Woobstr112G.

I have read many of the posts here and the one that I agree with most is that you have made a big mistake. My wife and I had our first suite for our 25th anniversary on the Explorer of the Seas in their Grand Suite for a 10 day Caribbean cruise . Everything about it was wonderful. Even though we sailed out of New York harbor in a blizzard and 300 of our fellow passengers missed the ship sailing due to weather. We even hit a squall in the middle of the night that caused the ship to list and caused a lot damage to anything that was not held down (especially in the dining rooms). The extra room and benefits made it one of the best cruises we had taken to date.

We then have sailed in a suite ever since!!!!!

Once on Carnival Valor in an Ocean Suite (not that great for perks) and then once again the week after my daughter's wedding we sailed on HAL in their Deluxe Verandah Suite (extremely large balcony and fantastic perks, suite lounge, fantastic service, etc).

We look forward to our next cruise on November 24th on the Star for a 15 day to Hawaii and will be in their PH suite on Caribe deck. Looking forward to many of the perks with Princess.

Just enjoy and know that you will always try to find a way to be in a suite after the first time.

Jan, I can inform you that you have made the biggest mistake of your cruising life! :eek: Now you will never be happy with anything else!! :D Suite Cruising will spoil you so quick that you will be looking to upgrade when ever possible. Enjoy the experience as you will simply love it. ;)

We couldn't agree with you more. We now are more selective about cruising, because we only want to cruise in suites. As for the Benefits you are sooo right. This will be our 1st time in an aft suite (highly recommended by slomotion & Woobstr112G.

You won't be disappointed.....:):):)

Bob

I'm so excited! I upgraded our balcony cabin to a Vista suite on our upcoming cruise as a surprise anniversary gift for my DH. This is our first time in a suite, so I have questions for you "suite" people. :D

* Do Priority boarding passes for suite passengers have different color coding then boarding passes for elites and plats? We're platinum, so "Priority Boarding" is printed on a green banner at the top of the board passes.

* Exactly what is the "Enhanced Turn Down Service" listed under Suite amenities? I have visions of music playing in the background as the steward performs turn down service. ;)

* If suite passengers receive complimentary passes to the thermal suite, do we need to visit the spa immediately after boarding to confirm we will be using this perk? I understand only so many passes are available per cruise.

If you have any other info you'd like to share about the "suite" life, please do. I'm anxious to hear all about it!!!

Hi,

Priority boarding is the same for suites, plats and elites, and if the ship is top heavy with elites and plats, then the elites will always board first, followed by all the rest:)

Not sure which ship you will be on, but not all ships have a thermal suite. We weren't able to use a thermal suite while on the Golden since they didn't have a thermal suite when we sailed on her. Maybe that's changed since the remodel ?

I don't think the Grand has a thermal suite either.

We loved our vista suite,however.

Contrary to what many say, we've had no problem going back to inside cabins from suites when we realize how much money we've saved ;

We don't regret the suite life either lol

Edited by 4cats4me

The Suite/Elite lounge offers canapes and drink of the day at a reduced price ($5). There will be a card in your cabin to explain the drinks.

We haven't been on a Princess cruise in 10 months (we go in 2 weeks) - has the evening "lounge" changed? It used to be open to Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers.

We haven't been on a Princess cruise in 10 months (we go in 2 weeks) - has the evening "lounge" changed? It used to be open to Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers.

Still the same and there will be a card in your cabin telling which drinks/canapes are featured on which days.

Mike:)

Hello, all,

I have only sailed on the Diamond, solo, in a mini-suite (wonderful).

2 friends (mother, teenage daughter) wish to join me on a booking for the Sun Princess.

Searching on-line, I cannot determine which suites are the largest (on-line quotes give a range b'n approx 500 to 700 sq ft).

Any suggestions for a suite that is comfortable for 3 adults? Thank you in advance for your expert advice! :-)

Yes you will get a full room service menu for breakfast each day including the last morning.

Our request for breakfast on disembarkation day of our cruise on the Coral this year was refused. They clearly knew we were in a suite and said they would not be providing breakfasts to suites or anyone that day.

Hello, all,

I have only sailed on the Diamond, solo, in a mini-suite (wonderful).

2 friends (mother, teenage daughter) wish to join me on a booking for the Sun Princess.

Searching on-line, I cannot determine which suites are the largest (on-line quotes give a range b'n approx 500 to 700 sq ft).

Any suggestions for a suite that is comfortable for 3 adults? Thank you in advance for your expert advice! :-)

Some people are comfortable with three to a four to room. Minisuites would be comfortable for three. A suite would have more room. There would not be three beds available at all times as the third bed is usually the sofabed which is folded up every day. Suites will cost a whole lot more than minisuites, by a factor of 1.5-2.5. Do they want to pay that much? I think it's individual preference and how well you know the folks you will be sharing the cabin with. I like my privacy. If someone made this request to me, I'd get my own room and have mom and daughter book another, adjoining room. That's just me. If you know them well, and can live with one bathroom. . .

Our request for breakfast on disembarkation day of our cruise on the Coral this year was refused. They clearly knew we were in a suite and said they would not be providing breakfasts to suites or anyone that day.

That is just not right unless they experienced some sort of unforseen problem. I would have called and asked to speak with the Room Service Supervisor.

Priority boarding is the same for suites, plats and elites, and if the ship is top heavy with elites and plats, then the elites will always board first, followed by all the rest:)

So in this situation, Elites would board before suite passengers?

OP

We like to have the minibar restocked with just our favorites (scotch & diet coke -- but not together, that would be a sin:eek:).

It is great to have a full breakfast in the cabin on disembarkation day, what with a full day of travel ahead of us.

IMO the room stewards for suites are fantastic, not that we've ever had a bad one on Princess.

We had a Vista suite on the CB, and it was so private and quiet back there! Very nice after a day of socializing. We liked it so much, we booked another one for our next cruise. I think we are in serious trouble! Time to get a second job. :)

I saw where suite passengers have priority in boarding but to they also have priority in disembarking? Can you leave pretty much when you desire?

No, disembarkation is done by groups based on times people report on their flights or other travel arrangements. No special early-off's for suite passengers. There is a area designated for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers to congregate while awaiting group time to leave, but that is often congested.

Jacie

Our two Princess cruises so far have been in Window Suites. I do remember a pillow menu although we didn't use it.

As for breakfast on the last day… our first cruise we did room service (also did it on a port day). Food that was supposed to be cold (milk for the cereal) was luke warm. Hot food was room temperature. The 2nd time it was much better. We did like the white table cloth they brought and that they set up the food on the table like they were our waiter! On our last cruise for the last day we went to the MDR. We enjoyed that better because food temperature was the way it was expected to be. It does, however, take more time than doing room service.

We are in a WS again for our cruise to Hawaii in Feb but the 4 day on the Crown just before we are doing an inside guarantee :eek: I don't know how we will like it but at least it is only for 4 days.

We took an upsell to a suite on a 3 day Golden. Can't wait.

Our Royal cruise in January is in L108. A mini at the from of the ship. Large deck and bigger room. Not a full suite but should be nice.

Did the upsell offer come before or after final payment?

Edited by I object 2

We took an upsell to a suite on a 3 day Golden. Can't wait.

Our Royal cruise in January is in L108. A mini at the from of the ship. Large deck and bigger room. Not a full suite but should be nice.

Did the upsell offer come before or after final payment?

We also recently took an upsell offer from a mini-suite to a full suite on the Pacific Princess for our cruise next month. The offer was about a month after final payment and came from the yield management department.