Diamond...FINALLY!!!

AJ's Girl

Our Sailing on Oasis Oct 8th made us Diamond C&A Members FINALLY! I know this might not be exciting to many, but to us...WHOOP WHOOP! I looked over the document on RCCL's webiste to see benefits are added so I know, but does anyone know what the gift is that you get for obtaining Diamond Status??

On your first cruise as a Diamond member, you'll receive a Diamond pin (looks just like the Emerald pin but with a clear stone chip instead of green) in your stateroom. The welcome gift is what you choose online, just like the one for Emerald. I looked at the benefits list and saw "Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity", but I don't recall receiving any such thing other than on the President's cruise last month, when we received some chocolate covered strawberries & other small sweets in our stateroom - we didn't know if it was for Diamond or just because it was the President's cruise, as we got so many little extras that cruise. Regarding this note on the list: A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter. We haven't made it to 140 yet, but will within the next year.

We made Diamond a little over a year ago and have sailed 4X since then. A couple things we have enjoyed; going to the Diamond Lounge/Events for a couple drinks & meeting fellow seasoned cruisers (You'll meet all types there, if you get my drift) and Teresa especially enjoys the specialty coffees. We've also taken advantage of the larger balcony discounts.

Congrats on Diamond status, it was a big deal to us, too.

CORKY, love the "Friends of Henry since 1999" avatar in your sig line!!!

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser
Looks like you got some answers as I was typing, slow as usual...

Congratulations [emoji3]

We are on Navigator now waiting to depart Southampton. Day 5 we hit Diamond.

(I know you don't until you return but exciting all the same)

Enjoy being Diamond!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To a lot of folks in the Royal Caribbean Sea us Diamonds are still little fish, but we also you still have to take a few trips to get even to that level. Congrats.

Booking Suites got us there faster, but has also really clouded things as to what we get because we're Diamond, and what we get from being in a Suite. I do know on the last trip the "Chef's Gift" allowed selection of a non-alcoholic beverage and I chose Sprite for that one because I knew it wouldn't the the water that's normally in a suite, and it was there when we arrived along with some little packaged cookies and stuff. On one hand not really much and heaven knows it's tough to lack for food on a cruise; but the touch was appreciated.

It's kind of daunting now looking back and it's about as much as it took to get from Gold to Platinum to Emerald to Diamond... as it is to get from Diamond to Diamond Plus. Happy travels.

On your first cruise as a Diamond member, you'll receive a Diamond pin (looks just like the Emerald pin but with a clear stone chip instead of green) in your stateroom.

Hmmm my diamond looks complete different from what you describe. I wish this app would resize photos cause I'll take a photo. But everytime I do it says size too big.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Congrats on being newly diamond.

We sailed our first cruise as Diamond this past summer on Allure, and our Diamond pins were waiting for us in our cabin.

It was neat to see on the seapass card diamond status and when some of the workers recognized it in welcoming us back.

Enjoy we do

I felt the same way you did about making Diamond.

We've done a few cruises since and love the lounge with the complimentary beverages. We really like meeting new friends too.

But the best thing about turning Diamond is being a Elite on Celebrity!! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on making Diamond!

Our Pacific Coastal cruise last month was our first as Diamond and we really were looking forward to all the new benefits. But......

We had to track down the loyalty ambassador on day five to get our pins. :eek:

It was the first time we did not have any pictures taken - so no free photo :eek:

DH was on a medication where he could not drink alcoholic beverages. :eek:

Oh well - we will just have to make up for it next time. At least we were cruising :D

Congrats!! We have a LONG way to go to get to this status.

It's a goal. It must be done. Even if I have to do one dreary cruise after another. ;)

Love your attitude! I think I'll try to remember that. I've been thinking that Pinacle is simply unreachable EVER--but if I accept your attitude and just trudge on, who knows? And any milestones along the way will just alleviate the boredom.

Congrats! You just made Commander/Lt. Colonel!

Just for shucks, I like to equate C&A status levels to military officer rank equivalents (USN / USA-USMC-USAF) as follows:

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Now these ranks give no one authority over fellow passengers, crew or operation of the ship. Most passengers would never pull rank over others because of their C&A status, right?

But for those who like to effect elitist & snobbish behavior owing to their C&A status & perks, the ranks suggested above will serve as a guide to such behavior aboard ship and in our beloved diamond & concierge lounges. ;-)