Couples booked in wrong rooms

welshman71

My wife and I are travelling from Canada to Sydney to sail on the Majestic. We are sailing with friends from Australia and our TA booked the two guys in one room and our wives in another room. He said this is because being from Canada we could get a better rate than they could in Australia.

He has informed us that this cannot be fixed now but I am wondering if this is true. Obivously we will just sleep in the right rooms but I am wondering if we could have it switched.

My wife and I are going to renew our vows on this cruise so I'm not sure how the room situation would affect booking that. I like my buddy but I don't want to marry him :)

Since you need a Canadian home address for the occupants of both staterooms, looks like your TA would only go halfway with the fudging by splitting up the couples. If they aren't inclined to find a solution there's nothing you can do until after you board. Do NOT mention the issue when checking in at the terminal, just smile and take your cruise cards as they are. They go to the Purser's desk and ask for the change. Or you can keep it on the QT by simply requesting a duplicate key for each cabin; the "misplaced" person in each cabin will use it for the door but must use the original for entering and leaving the ship as well as onboard purchases.

But however it plays out on the record you shouldn't worry, no one will be doing bed checks.

Kudos to your TA...his action is common to provide the best value for his clients. It will not affect anything you experience on your sailing.

The only action you need to take is, as posted, get correct key cards for the cabins and persons involved.

Kudos to your TA...his action is common to provide the best value for his clients. It will not affect anything you experience on your sailing.

The only action you need to take is, as posted, get correct key cards for the cabins and persons involved.

You probably already used a credit card from each couple, for one room each. If not, this can be changed after you're onboard as well.

As mentioned, just check-in the way it is.

Taking a picture of the two guys and two girls with their luggage going into the same cabin is a hoot!

Edit: previous poster beat me to the credit card issue

This splitting the couples between 2 reservations to gain an advantage that 1 couple has and is done all of the time to save you $$$.

Usually suggested by the TA and even sometimes by the cruise line reservation person.

As stated , change at the Pursers Desk once onboard , never before that.

We've done similar bookings in order to save dollars. The easiest thing to do is go to Passenger Services and ask for a duplicate room key. Use the duplicate to enter/exit the cabin, and use the original card for your charge purchases and to disembark/embark the ship.

We’ve done this several times. We travel with a couple both of whom are licensed travel agents. They book the guys together in one cabin and the girls in another. With a travel agent in each cabin they get double the commission. It is easily changed at guest services after boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve done this several times. We travel with a couple both of whom are licensed travel agents. They book the guys together in one cabin and the girls in another. With a travel agent in each cabin they get double the commission. It is easily changed at guest services after boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A 'spouse' swap ? - now that would be entertaining...;p

Your TA should have explained it better to you before booking the rooms like this. What happens, for instance, if one couple has to cancel?

Taking a picture of the two guys and two girls with their luggage going into the same cabin is a hoot!
Yes, what a hoot if you're still living in the 1950s.

Your TA should have explained it better before making the booking this way. What happens, for instance, if one of the couples has to cancel?

Yes, what a hoot if you're still living in the 1950s.

Hope you don't get denied boarding.

Traveling to another country imo I certainly would not do this.

Not going to happen. But I would recommend doing the online checkin separately since it is unlikely that you don't want one guy to pay for both guy's onboard charges. OK for husband/wife to use same credit card even if not in same cabin. And remember that Canadians probably want to let their credit card company do the currency conversion - ship will likely use Australian currency and your bank's rates are likely better than Princess.

I agree with fishywood. Don't say a word about this while boarding. Handle changes after sailaway.

Wouldn't do any good to report it before boarding as the people who do check-in for the cruise have no way of making such changes even if you did report it to them. All they could do would be to tell you to go to Passenger Services to make the change.

Tom