How many cruises needed ?

Newmrsvega

On the cruise that you have the 75th day you will be Platinum for the entire cruise (and thereafter).

We got in on the old way and we were Platinum 10 years ago. We just recently passed the 75 day mark.

We did two 5 day back to back to push us over the summer before the change. We now have 100 days. 100 more to go for Diamond--don't see that happening until after retirement.

On the cruise that you have the 75th day you will be Platinum for the entire cruise (and thereafter).

We got in on the old way and we were Platinum 10 years ago. We just recently passed the 75 day mark.

Same here. We became Platinum on our 10th cruise in 2010 but haven't cruised since. We'll hit 75 days in December on the Breeze.

My 10th cruise was the Dream TA in 2009. 61 days. didn't sail Carnival again until 2016 and when I hit 75 days they 'welcomed' me to Platinum, even though I had been for 7 years. Now have 129 days. Probably will never make diamond, as we like sailing other lines, too. EM

You don't go by how many cruises you take, it's based on how many cruise days you have. Each day you sail = 1 point.

Blue - First sailing

Red - 2nd sailing - 24 points

Gold - 25 - 74 points

Platinum 75-199 points

Diamond 200+ points

Not quite.

Each revenue generating day you sail counts as one point. Complimentary cruises are not considered in the calculated amount of points being earned.

We did two 5 day back to back to push us over the summer before the change. We now have 100 days. 100 more to go for Diamond--don't see that happening until after retirement.

Same here.

I became Platinum in late 2012. (I took my mom on three short cruises.) We booked one extra cruise in November, 2013 so my husband would make it before the program changed.

I'm at 170 days and he has 158. We have two seven day cruises booked so I'm getting closer to Diamond.

Our upcoming cruise is my Milestone.

Not quite.

Each revenue generating day you sail counts as one point. Complimentary cruises are not considered in the calculated amount of points being earned.

Maybe.

Technically - VIFP Points may not be awarded for certain charters and/or non-revenue fares, as reasonably determined by CCL.

LOOOOONG ago it used to be 10 cruises. However, Carnival changed it when many guests went on only 3 or 4 day cruises[emoji57][emoji57]

When the choice is Vegas 4 hours away or a cruise an hour away, it was a no brainer decision.

Daughter still is an under-day Platinum.

My 10th cruise was the Dream TA in 2009. 61 days. didn't sail Carnival again until 2016 and when I hit 75 days they 'welcomed' me to Platinum, even though I had been for 7 years. Now have 129 days. Probably will never make diamond, as we like sailing other lines, too. EM

In 2009 you should have been platinum on your 10th cruise.

I think they should have "Double Diamond", or "Diamond set in Platinum" as the cruise I'm boarding tomorrow, will put me at 400 days. I've loved every minute of it, but I'm a "rookie" compared to some of the folks I've met. Many of 'em have WAY more than I do.

"SKY"

In 2009 you should have been platinum on your 10th cruise.

Yes, I was platinum on that cruise. I did a lot of cruises that year, after I book the TA on Dream, so that I would be platinum on that cruise and have free laundry for the 16 day cruise. EM

I think they should have "Double Diamond", or "Diamond set in Platinum" as the cruise I'm boarding tomorrow, will put me at 400 days. I've loved every minute of it, but I'm a "rookie" compared to some of the folks I've met. Many of 'em have WAY more than I do.

"SKY"

I need to be adopted by one of you folks...we recently got the cruising bug, but because we are still working for a living we probably won't be able to cruise more than twice a year, on average, say 12 days accumulated per year (i.e. maybe a 5 day and a 7 day, or a 4-day and an 8-day, etc). At that rate, it will take us over 30 years to get to 400 days of cruising, which means I'll be 80 years old or so. Yikes! Should have started this cruising thing when I was younger...

And it is very likely cruising will occasionally be replaced by other vacations, so even getting to 400 by 80 seems in doubt.

Platinum seems like an achievable "goal": we'll be at 25-ish VIFP Points each by next Fall, so another 50 will take another 4 years.

I need to be adopted by one of you folks...we recently got the cruising bug, but because we are still working for a living we probably won't be able to cruise more than twice a year, on average, say 12 days accumulated per year (i.e. maybe a 5 day and a 7 day, or a 4-day and an 8-day, etc). At that rate, it will take us over 30 years to get to 400 days of cruising, which means I'll be 80 years old or so. Yikes! Should have started this cruising thing when I was younger...

And it is very likely cruising will occasionally be replaced by other vacations, so even getting to 400 by 80 seems in doubt.

Platinum seems like an achievable "goal": we'll be at 25-ish VIFP Points each by next Fall, so another 50 will take another 4 years.

We are still a few years away from retiring. We started saving and investing with a financial planner when we were young and did everything we could to have the kind of life we wanted. We're empty-nesters and the bank of Mom and Dad is semi-closed, so we can afford three cruises a year.

We took our first non-cruise related land vacation, since we started cruising in 2000, last summer. We love unpacking once, visiting different places, and relaxing, so cruising is great for us.

Right before the changes, Carnival sent me an email offering me to become platinum if I take another cruise within a certain timeframe.

I had a choice of both 5 & 7 days out of New Orleans.

However a month prior, my job Had just let us know we were being downsized and while I would had loved another cruise and platinum status, couldn't do it.

I do regret not doing like alot of my fellow airline coworkers at the time. They would take several 3 and or 4 day cruises almost back to back for platinum.

RCL started it, before Carnival redid their levels, but RCL was more generous. any cruise under 7 days, they counted it as 7 days, so a lot of RCL folks did a whole bunch of the shortest cruises they could book before the change over. A lot got to be the highest levels possible with fewer cruises than newbies to RCL now. Even if it was only a 2 day they counted it as a 7 day.

i got like 109 days on RCL but I am sure I did fewer, but mostly I was doing 7 days on RCL to make it worth the drive down to Galveston.