flight from Miami at 12:20 too early

Moz

We are on the Escape and our flights just got changed is 12:20 too early to fly since we will not be doing self assist and I know there are over 4000 passengers and also would have to check in at the airline counter as won't have boarding passes. Thank you so much for any responses

I have no computer to print passes plus have to check the baggage any thoughts on this I know the lines are long at the airport and very difficult to do self disembark. Thank you

There are internet areas on every single ship I've sailed! Well, maybe none back in the day prior to Internet--lol--but you should have no problem. How do you think I print them onboard? I certainly don't bring a computer and printer with me! Do your check in 24 hours before, and print your boarding passes! Easy peasy! I do it every time!

there really is no reason to actually print out the boarding passes on the ship. When you go to check your bags, all the airlines (most anyways) have kiosks where you can print boarding passes.

You can still checkin online before you get there to pick seats.

Take a cab - it is the fastest way.

We have made several 12:00 flights without any problems from MIA. We get off the ship around 8:30, catch a cab to the airport (plenty lined up waiting outside cruise terminal) and do curbside checkin. Lines outside airport terminal are always way shorter than inside. I do not do checkin/boarding passes on my phone. I do, however, have TSA precheck for going through security, which definitely has shorter lines than the regular security lines at MIA, and all other airports we have been to. BTW - we have never done self assist. Always leave our bags out the night before and pick them up in terminal as we leave.

Edited by pe4all

You can do self assist with a bigger bag! As long as you can wheel it, its self assist.

But even with the regular slow disembarkation, you will be at the airport in plenty of time for a 12:20 flight. I've done this many times, I do self assist, I'm out of the terminal by 8:15 and in a cab. I'm at the airport by 9am. The airport is still empty at 9am and by 9:15am I'm thru security and sitting at the gate waiting for my 10:30 wish flight.

You doing slow service means everyone will be ahead of you in every line so you will wait at each step. Getting off the ship, thru customs, perhaps wait to get a taxi. Once you get to the airport, it will be filling up by then and there will be lines to check in etc. But even still waiting in all those lines behind the earlier disembarks you will still be fine at 12:20.

You're screwed.

Ha, ha! But, you are not screwed. You can easily make your flight. Print your airline tix on board, get a porter to pick up your bags in port, grab a cab, and use curbside check-in for your bag - you will spend a lot of money on tips, but you will be good. Also, get TSA pre-check.

I would definitely do curbside check in. We have done this and they check your bags and also print out your boarding passes. It's worth the tip to get this taken care of without getting in those huge lines to get to a ticket counter for check in and boarding passes.

I don't recall exactly where it's located specifically but we just asked when we got out of the cab.

We are on the Escape and our flights just got changed is 12:20 too early to fly since we will not be doing self assist and I know there are over 4000 passengers and also would have to check in at the airline counter as won't have boarding passes. Thank you so much for any responses

12:20 is within the time frame that NCL says is appropriate. Should be no problem at all.

You're fine. A few weeks ago, self walk off started started at 7:10 and we were on the curb at 7:20 and at MIA by 8:00 for a 10:00 flight. We got in line early, but it can be that fast

We have made a 930.

Download your airline's mobile app If you have a smartphone. Then you can check in when you dock, store your boarding pass on the phone and get off as early as you can. Good luck - we don't like being rushed either

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've walked off just after 7 and been to FLL by 8:30 twice. Head down to the debark floor before the ship is cleared and you won't have as much of a fight for elevator space. Be ready to walk off at 7 and grab breakfast at the airport. You'll be checked in hours early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums