Anthem eliminates Dynamic Dining

TeeRick

Just got a call from RCI Miami office. The representative informed me that Dynamic Dining was being eliminated on Anthem starting with my sailing which is Nov 27th. I had the option of switching my previously booked reservations to the same times one My Time Dining or to change to traditional dining at 6PM or 8:30 PM. They are responding to frequently negative customer comments on the surveys. I do not know if this applies to ships beyond Anthem. I'm also not sure which restaurants will be used and exactly how. She did mention all new menus. She said reservations in Coastal Kitchen or Specialty Restaurants are unchanged. I also am wondering how (or if) this effects show times. Did anybody else hear of this?

Just got a call from RCI Miami office. The representative informed me that Dynamic Dining was being eliminated on Anthem starting with my sailing which is Nov 27th. I had the option of switching my previously booked reservations to the same times one My Time Dining or to change to traditional dining at 6PM or 8:30 PM. They are responding to frequently negative customer comments on the surveys. I do not know if this applies to ships beyond Anthem. I'm also not sure which restaurants will be used and exactly how. She did mention all new menus. She said reservations in Coastal Kitchen or Specialty Restaurants are unchanged. I also am wondering how (or if) this effects show times. Did anybody else hear of this?

I don't see the difference between switching you from DD to MTD.......as they are the same. The only difference is that you get to chose the restaurant that you want to dine at and when. Did they tell you that you could not change restaurants and you would be assigned one restaurant for the entire cruise with MTD?

It sounds like they are eliminating the 4 different menus at the "free" restaurants and going to the same menu for all 4.

DH and I like the dining and menu options...in the "free" venues. This last cruise we went to dinner more times in the CK - which we love!

Wow, we just got off Anthem yesterday so I am glad we got to try dynamic dining before they eliminate it. Hopefully, they will choose a little from each of the menus when they create the new menus. We found the choices very limited but each restaurant had at least one item we liked.

Keep us posted of any new information they send.

Isn't the capacity of the 4 main venues less than half the dbl occupancy capacity of the ship? I guess enough folks go to WJ, CK and the specialty to balance the load.

That's the big problem with the design of the ship, according to an RC officer who talked with us once. I forget the exact numbers that were quoted, but the ship was designed with only enough dining seating to accommodate something like 2.8 turns per evening and could never achieve close to that.

Edited by clarea

It sounds like they are eliminating the 4 different menus at the "free" restaurants and going to the same menu for all 4.

If so, that is a real shame as I truly enjoyed the DD classic. It resembled the basic MDR concept except that diners rotated within the 4 restaurants. On the Anthem Aug. 25th sail was assigned a table # and except for the 1st night basically entered and went to my table. The quality of food was very good.

If so, that is a real shame as I truly enjoyed the DD classic. It resembled the basic MDR concept except that diners rotated within the 4 restaurants. On the Anthem Aug. 25th sail was assigned a table # and except for the 1st night basically entered and went to my table. The quality of food was very good.

I think we would have enjoyed trying that also, but I can see how complicated that would be, trying to accommodate both Dynamic and Classic, especially with the wait staff changing restaurants too.

Having sailed on Disney only once ..............they got rotation dining to work.

Wonder why RCI cannot get a grip on it.

Do not get me wrong......we like early dinner and do not want it to change for us, just an observation thats all.

Safe travels.

I think we would have enjoyed trying that also, but I can see how complicated that would be, trying to accommodate both Dynamic and Classic, especially with the wait staff changing restaurants too.

On my sail it did not seem to be a problem in accommodating both. Never saw a long lines lining up in the restaurant that I was assigned. There is still the bug-a-boo regarding educating passengers that they need to make reservations. Don't know whether it the TA or RCL not providing a heads up. Some, that we spoke to, dined in the WJ the 1st few nights as they were not aware.

I am imagining this means we'll kind of get the worst of both worlds on our Anthem cruise the week before the change? ;) I am a glass half-full person, I'll love it no matter what, because vacation is fun, the ocean is fun, RCCL is fun...not great timing though for a change (I sail Nov 20.) I will work on cherishing being the final Dynamic Choice crew :p

When they say new menus I am assuming that means the ones currently only on Oasis?? Maybe they are almost ready to implement them on the other ships

So, a name and menu change - doesn't seem too drastic to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

So, a name and menu change - doesn't seem too drastic to me.

Maybe if they can include some items from the 4 previous menus on the new nightly menus, it won't be that much of a change, except for decor.

Does Disney have both fixed and variable (My Time) times for dining?

When we sailed Disney Magic circa 2006

We were assigned early dining, (they had two offered) and of course the others were late.

And one pay venue.

Everyone got to eat in MDR if they wanted or go to their idea of a WJ which was a buffet.

Is this what you mean?