Anthem Roast Beef Sandwiches

Might I find this animal on Majesty?

They do have a roast beef sandwich available at lunch in Compass Deli. However, my experience was that while it looked like the Kummelweck that is served in Park Cafe on other ships, it did not taste the same. Different kind of roll and beef was not seasoned the same.

Does Anthem have the same roast beef sandwiches as the oasis serves in park cafe?

Hi Kapcruiser :)

The 'Kummel Weck' roast beef sandwiches on Anthem located at Café Two70 are delish! Yum!

For additional yum, be sure to give the 'Cuban' in a pita pocket a try.

My tummy just rumbled....:eek:

Have a terrific voyage!

PicsArt_08-04-02.21.40_zpsczs6kx9n.jpg

:)

My experiences over a few cruises tells me that those doing the carving do NOT know how to slice the meats. This is often true in the buffet as well. Slice a roast incorrectly and you have a meat flavored lump of leather shoelaces. If you don't like the fat, they will trim it off for you. I'd rather see them use a slicer and be shown the right way to use it.

bosco

Who cares about the sandwiches. They have bags of chips there. ;-)

I’ll change my order thanks!

I’ll have the roast beef sandwich with potato chips on the side.

Nothing is better after a long day of site seeing.

I have found that the RB Sandwiches have declined in quality. They were absolutely the best tasting during the first 2 years that Oasis was put into service. Ever since then they just weren't the same. The meat is a bit tougher and the rolls are much smaller.

All in all, they still make a great lunch with a bag of chips.

Sorry to change the subject but what is a Cajun shrimp cocktail? (I'm afraid someone will say it doesn't have real shrimp in it.)

Several shrimp similar in size to those in mdr shrimp cocktail topped with spicy cajun sauce. If you want sauce on the side or more shrimp just ask.

Sorry to hijack the post but are these sandwiches available on Freedom? I’ve had them at Park Cafe on Oasis and they’re delicious

Not normally. I've seen some ships have them once per cruise on the Royal Promenade, but have not seen those reports from freedom.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a newbie here and only going on my second cruise but it sounds like the sandwich you are talking about is one of Buffalo's claims to fame

Beef on weck - Wikipedia

9k=

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_on_weck[/url]

A beef on weck is a sandwich found primarily in Western New York State, particularly in the city of Buffalo. It is made with roast beef on a kimmelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and spread with horseradish.Origin · ‎

A kimmelweck is really a Kaiser roll with rock salt and Carraway seeds on top.

Beef on Weck has become my favorite sandwich since I moved to the Buffalo area 7 years ago. You can find it at most restaurants and even pizza joints. If you are weird like me and dont like hourseraddish just add extra au jus and it is great. I can't wait to have it on Anthem I think it will make a great first day lunch.

We were continually disappointed in ours this past October at Cafe Two70.....extremely rare and fatty. :eek:

Agree 100%. We did not like them at all mainly due to the extreme fat even when requesting a "lean" cut of the meat. Others thought they were the best. :)

Hate to be "Debbie Downer" but I was told there is not a Cafe Two70 on board SOTS. I was looking forward to checking it out. We've haven't sailed on Anthem (yet!)

Maybe the sandwiches are available elsewhere on the ship.

They're at the Park Cafe on the Symphony.