Majesty diamond / diamond+ event

Hi Fellow cruisers: Can anyone advise if there is a nightly Crown & Anchor event in the Viking Crown Lounge?

Thanks in advance for your response. Bob & Nancy

Yes, plus it's for suite guests (Grand Suite and better) and Pinnacle members too.

Lucky you..enjoy! I’m jealous...no DL on their other small ship, Empress. Is that the only ship without a Diamond nightly event?

Are you sure about this?

Sailed last July on the Cuba itinerary out or Tampa to Cuba!

The Diamond event was held on an outside deck off the back of the Boleros. Drinks were served, a staff member brought out a “keyboard” and we did sing-a-longs. As it was outdoors; hubby enjoyed his Cuban Cigar. It was one one of the BEST Diamond events I ever attended!

It was hard to find - only about 20 people attend but was truly an awesome evening!,

Was on Majesty a few weeks ago. Yes....they designate a part of Viking Crown for this. Great wait staff. Ask for Alfredo.....a wonderful guy. Have fun.
Just want to clarify -- we are D+ but our friend cruising with us isn't eligible to enter the DL/CL. Is there a place for him to sit so we can join him for a cocktail?

Was on Majesty a few weeks ago. Yes....they designate a part of Viking Crown for this. Great wait staff. Ask for Alfredo.....a wonderful guy. Have fun.

Where they still requiring you to give your SeaPass card every time (or 90% of the time) when you ordered a drink. This was a wierd thing they started last September.

Just want to clarify -- we are D+ but our friend cruising with us isn't eligible to enter the DL/CL. Is there a place for him to sit so we can join him for a cocktail?

You can go to any bar and use your 3 drink vouchers.

Are you sure about this?

The Diamond event was held on an outside deck off the back of the Boleros.

That doesn't seem to be a regularly scheduled event, certainly not daily like on other ships - yes, it can happen, but one can't count on it.

Biker, who also attended such an event on sail away from Miami.

hello, yes, most of the Viking crown is open to other cruisers, it's just a section that is roped off for the event so you could sit outside the rope with him but still get your drinks by going inside the section to see a waiter.

Almost 95% the time, the VCL is a roped off for the event, but others can use the other section. Thus yes, you can join friends in that non roped off area. Just use your drink vouchers, as you can all over the ship.

Our last cruise on MJ was a rare 5 night, before refurb, and was heavily loaded with upper tier &A members. The ship took over the entire VCL for the nightly event due to the higher numbers. There were officers at the elevator doors and stairs checking sea pass cards.

Thanks. I knew we could use our vouchers but we've enjoyed being up in the VCL and wanted our friend to be able to enjoy it too. This is his first time on Majesty.

It should be just fine, and hopefully not the rare time that they take over the whole lounge. Enjoy your cruise!! :) The crew on MJ really do go all out to make you feel welcome. They are great. :cool:

That doesn't seem to be a regularly scheduled event, certainly not daily like on other ships - yes, it can happen, but one can't count on it.

Biker, who also attended such an event on sail away from Miami.

So, it is true that Empress is the only Royal ship without a nightly Diamond event?

When we were on MJ last year in Nov on the weekend cruise anyone could sit anywhere in VCL because there was not many there. They did take seapasses for EVERY drink but there were no limits. I think this allows an easy way to make sure only the people that are to get something for free are given and the rest are charged. Worked well for us as we had first time cruisers with us. :)

When we were on MJ last year in Nov on the weekend cruise anyone could sit anywhere in VCL because there was not many there. They did take seapasses for EVERY drink but there were no limits. I think this allows an easy way to make sure only the people that are to get something for free are given and the rest are charged. Worked well for us as we had first time cruisers with us. :)

They don't appear to be doing that any longer.

Are you sure about this?

The Diamond event was held on an outside deck off the back of the Boleros. Drinks were served, a staff member brought out a “keyboard” and we did sing-a-longs. As it was outdoors; hubby enjoyed his Cuban Cigar. It was one one of the BEST Diamond events I ever attended!

It was hard to find - only about 20 people attend but was truly an awesome evening!,

Sailed Empress 7 night to Cuba last year. Had a similar event ONE evening, I think it was the first night. All other nights we could use the 3 vouchers at a ship bar or lounge. NO nightly event.

M

My fiancé and I are sailing on the Majesty for Christmas. I am Diamond, but he is not. Am I understanding correctly that I will be the only one allowed in the Diamond section of the lounge? He will not be able to enjoy any of the Diamond perks with me?