Pastry Extravaganza

rgmacm

HAL does this.

Since when, We only have about 500 days on HAL...and cannot remember a "pastry extravaganza" on any cruise. They used (not I said "used") to have an extravaganza luncheon buffet (on a sea day)...but that has now been eliminated. That buffet did have a darn good dessert selection...but often turned into a mess as most passengers tried to cram into a buffet about the same time. No longer an issue...since it is now gone!

Hank

Last two cruises had it in Glacier Bay. One of the dining staff serving the desserts was our normal waiter and would not accept "this is enough". Had about eight different items.....

On our last two cruises on The Regal they did a chocolate extravaganza on the last sea day. Lots of chocolate desserts beautifully presented.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've seen this on other ships. Now if the desserts tasted as wonderful as they look, I'd be a happy camper.

We've seen this on other ships. Now if the desserts tasted as wonderful as they look, I'd be a happy camper.

I don't bother to try them. My favorite chocolate dessert on Princess is the little chocolate and white chocolate mousse cup that the International Cafe has here and there. Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last Princess cruise we were on was in 2014 - Caribbean Princess-- and they had it...

With the responses above, for a minute there, I began to doubt my memory --- so I went to find my Patters.... Sure enough...there it was.... on the last sea day...2-4:00 in Cafe Caribe and called Pastry Extravaganza. I remember someone (probably here on CC) told me to read the back of the Patters carefully because THATS where it would be listed...No other 'advertisement'. They also advised we go early to get amazing pictures. We did all of that - arrived at 1:55 and got pictures before everything was cut into... Staff DID serve the desserts....it wasn't self-serve (THANK GOODNESS!!!) Everything was every bit as beautiful as the pictures someone posted above.

I gather from the responses though that this is a thing of the past...or perhaps replaced with Chocolate Extravaganza...?? OH well...didn't need all that sugar anyway.... ;)

On the Regal last fall most of the ones I tried at the pasty extravaganza were much better than the usual desserts. They must have used real butter and real cream for a change.