Adventure of the Seas - cabin walls paper thin!

Have a promenade view interior room, connecting with another room. 2 adolescent girls, probably 16-17 next door can hear EVERYTHING! They got back to the room first night at 2am, woke us up and didn't care. Getting ready for formal night last night they started playing music through a speaker that made me think it was coming from my room.... Asked them to turn it down ,didn't comply. Words back and forth, room steward called security!!

Enjoying my cruise immensely, but didn't realize how much I have to share with total strangers next door. Absolutely no sound coming from the other side.

Best line they said was that I shouldn't be laughing at 2pm when they're sleeping!! Hahaha

It’s for this reason that I wouldn’t book a connecting stateroom. There have been hundreds of posts about complaints of noise through connecting doors.

The walls are not paper thin like the thread name says.

OP, any news on the medical evac? Are you going to be late getting into Port Canaveral? My son and daughter-in-law are on this cruise. Was it a rocky ride last night? I hope the ill/injured passenger has a full recovery.

OP, any news on the medical evac? Are you going to be late getting into Port Canaveral? My son and daughter-in-law are on this cruise. Was it a rocky ride last night? I hope the ill/injured passenger has a full recovery.

The Captain estimates we will be one hour late to Port Canaveral.

There was another one? Wasn't there just one on the Adventure earlier in the week? And the Anthem as well I think I read. I hope everyone is ok!

Update....After having multiple altercations, and security called, the girls STILL won't give us a break, or the rest we need! Each night (now day 5) they come in at 2am, sometimes at 4:45am, 5am respectively. Last night, there were boys with them in the room and they were really partying til Midnight. They stopped at midnight, thinking that since my wife complained, they took a report and thought that they were spoken to. Not so, since they then started again at 2 and 4am!

I went downstairs this morning, spoke to the hotel manager (i think that's his title?) and said this is rediculous. He said that I have to call security WHEN it happens. So this means I have to go one more night without sleep to have this stopped? They can't do anything proactively to stop this from happening? He saw my point and then finally offered to move us up the hall. I was thrilled that he did this! Not to mention that I can finally get a nice afternoon nap, which I just woke up from, but we can sleep all night! Oh, did I forget to mention that he moved us to a balcony room???? How nice is that! He also gave us a 15% voucher for our next cruise, and offered me some OBC, which I'm still waiting to see how much. Just to clarify, I just wanted to move rooms, but he offered all that other stuff, how cool???

Have you tried turning the tables on them and making a bit of a ruckus when they're trying to sleep? I know it's childish but I would be at my wits end if I experienced what you have. I avoid connecting cabins at all costs on all ships because of the noise issue.

You can also count your lucky stars there was an empty room.. an empty balcony room at that.

While empty balcony rooms are very few and far between on cruises (I know this because the cruise lines call and try to upgrade every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has an inside room.. And I'm one of those now who is desperately awaiting that call for an upgrade), you can consider yourself lucky. Very low percentage get that response to be able to move rooms. Enjoy the last part of your cruise....

Have you tried turning the tables on them and making a bit of a ruckus when they're trying to sleep? I know it's childish but I would be at my wits end if I experienced what you have. I avoid connecting cabins at all costs on all ships because of the noise issue.

Trust me I thought about it but didn't want to stoop to their level.... I asked my wife who won in this situation?? She said they did but my balcony says that I did!!

This would be my option after the cruise line did nothing to stop it. Make lots of noise, loud tv, etc between 6:00 -9:00 am until they complain, then maybe something would be done sooner.

Of Course it sounds like they probably would’ve been passed out drunk and slept right through an atomic bomb if you set one off next to their room.

Also recording audio and / or video on your phone gives you something to show the cruise line so that don’t have to witness it to know what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by JT1962

Update....After having multiple altercations, and security called, the girls STILL won't give us a break, or the rest we need! Each night (now day 5) they come in at 2am, sometimes at 4:45am, 5am respectively. Last night, there were boys with them in the room and they were really partying til Midnight. They stopped at midnight, thinking that since my wife complained, they took a report and thought that they were spoken to. Not so, since they then started again at 2 and 4am!

I went downstairs this morning, spoke to the hotel manager (i think that's his title?) and said this is rediculous. He said that I have to call security WHEN it happens. So this means I have to go one more night without sleep to have this stopped? They can't do anything proactively to stop this from happening? He saw my point and then finally offered to move us up the hall. I was thrilled that he did this! Not to mention that I can finally get a nice afternoon nap, which I just woke up from, but we can sleep all night! Oh, did I forget to mention that he moved us to a balcony room???? How nice is that! He also gave us a 15% voucher for our next cruise, and offered me some OBC, which I'm still waiting to see how much. Just to clarify, I just wanted to move rooms, but he offered all that other stuff, how cool???

You can also count your lucky stars there was an empty room.. an empty balcony room at that.

While empty balcony rooms are very few and far between on cruises (I know this because the cruise lines call and try to upgrade every Tom, Dick, and Harry that has an inside room.. And I'm one of those now who is desperately awaiting that call for an upgrade), you can consider yourself lucky. Very low percentage get that response to be able to move rooms. Enjoy the last part of your cruise....

RE: Balcony availability.

One theory:

Maybe someone was behaving even worse than those young ladies, and was thrown off the ship at the last port. ;) :D

Another theory:

(more likely)

That balcony cabin was used by some of the "headliner" entertainment who departed the ship at the last port.

It's amazing how many don't bring some simple 1$ ear plugs. They pretty much work for everything except a vision class anchor drop

My normal sleeping is ALWAYS earplugs and a sleep mask, no matter where I am. If you are accustomed to them, then there's no problem going to sleep on a cruise. I never sleep without them, and I never go on an airplane without noise cancelling headphones.

If there's a lot of noise in the next cabin, I'll wear both the headphones and the ear plugs.

Glad it worked out for you!

We’ve had some noisy neighbors.....I always bring a sound machine because I’m a light sleeper. The worst to me is a noisy balcony neighbor on a sea day. We’ve had those too. ( Argue in your room please. I’m trying to enjoy my favorite thing - the view - in peace and quiet.)

The walls are all actually metal. It's the connecting door that is the problem. Right now I am also stuck in a connecting cabin (last one left in that class of cabin) for my December cruise. Hoping and checking every day to get traded out of there. :o

The walls are all actually metal. It's the connecting door that is the problem. Right now I am also stuck in a connecting cabin (last one left in that class of cabin) for my December cruise. Hoping and checking every day to get traded out of there. :o

If you can't switch cabins hopefully your neighbors don't keep trying to open the connecting door ;p!!