Refundable OBC

nikel

We have some refundable OBC leftover from our last cruise given to us by our TA.

Does Celebrity give it back automatically ?

Do I have to request it ? How do we get it ?

This is the first time I ever had anything left over.

Thanks

We have some refundable OBC leftover from our last cruise given to us by our TA.

Does Celebrity give it back automatically ?

Do I have to request it ? How do we get it ?

Thanks

Assuming you had a credit card associated with your shipboard account then if you had a credit balance at the end of your cruise it should have automatically been refunded to your credit card within a couple of days. Check your credit card statements.

We've always gotten any refundable OBC back on our credit card statement ... usually very quickly. I think on one cruise, we had less than $5 left, even bought some specialty coffees on the last day of the cruise and still, they refunded the little bit that was leftover ... without us having to do a thing.

Does Celebrity give it back automatically ? Yes

Do I have to request it ? No How do we get it ? Credited back to your Credit Card

Thanks

See above.

If you don’t want the $ credited to a cr card or don’t have one associated with your reservation then you can get the cash refunded on departure morning or on the last night after you are finished spending money.

Are you certain it was refundable OBC? Do you have the invoice/statement from the end of the cruise? It would show a balance of - x $ if you were due a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point. Someone posted a while back (to lazy to search) that some TA OBCs are non-refundable.

Are you certain it was refundable OBC? Do you have the invoice/statement from the end of the cruise? It would show a balance of - x $ if you were due a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I have the screen shot taken from the TV with our account.

I hope Celebrity are not going down the Princess route!

On Princess we were credited ( eventually) the transfer portion by bus which we didn’t take. The Captain decided that we were not going into Genoa for ‘operational reasons.’ As we didn’t take the bus to Santa Margarita I asked for a refund. At first I was told ‘but you went by tender.’

My reply, ‘but every passenger had that option.’

Eventually on the last evening I was told a refund was agreed, which would take 4-6 weeks.

When I hadn’t had our refund after 6 weeks, I called Southampton, to be told that the refund is only automatic if you live in USA. The agent applied for it and I was sent a cheque after 2 weeks.

It is for this reason that we are returning to Celebrity this year, as our OBC has always been refunded automatically to our C.C on the last morning.

Glad I didn't have to make the call, the refund showed up today.....took 15 days.

I'm surprised it took this long. Usually less than a week. Maybe it had something to do with the currency conversion?

davekathy- cc acount

Interesting. We did a B2B Caribbean cruise on the Jewel April 2017. Both legs we had some TA ROBC we didn't spend. GS advised me (at the end of the first leg. Didn't ask at the end of the second leg) that the ROBC had to go back on the CC we used. Which was no biggie. I guess different ships, different policies. Once again consistently inconsistent.

I'm surprised it took this long. Usually less than a week. Maybe it had something to do with the currency conversion?

That's what I think, we booked in CDN and refund was US. Either way, I'm happy. I always thought I had to spend it all so used to waste what was left on nonsense.

Not on Celebrity. Just out of curiosity when was the last time you were successful at doing that on RC cruise? :confused:

I saw a couple of people do it on the Anthem in Feb while I was at guest services. Before that I was not aware that it could be done.

Not on Celebrity. Just out of curiosity when was the last time you were successful at doing that on RC cruise? :confused:

Yes, on Celebrity. On the Constellation this March I received a message on the last evening to go to Guest Services. When I got there they wanted to give me my $638 unused OBC in cash since for some reason they didn’t have a credit card linked to my account. It was a B2B and the credit card info didn’t get input. I asked if they wanted a credit card and the gentleman said it didn’t matter, if I wanted the refund in cash it was no problem.

I have been getting OBC cash back at Guest Services on RCi for many years on many different ships. Hope to do so on Equinox in July. We should have about $200 back on each leg of back2 back. I see no reason to spend money on things I don't want and would much rather have the cash back. I always book cruises while on board to get that OBC, then we have a generous TA. Sometimes I use my Visa points for OBC and that is always refundable. If it is a small amount, I just let it go back to my cc.