MSC Status Match

Jimbo59

MSC offers a status match program so if you have higher past passenger status on another cruise line, MSC will give you the equivalent status.

On their website they tell you to fill out a form and send it in to obtain the status match.

When I did that and didn't receive any reply, I called MSC. MSC said I had to book a cruise first, than they would give me the status match.

Has anyone found out which is the correct procedure to obtain status match?

I think our timeline was that I sent in the form, then put a cruise on hold waiting for status match to come through. When my hold was expiring a week later, I paid the deposit. MSC sent me a copy of the invoice and the a day later got another invoice with the 5% discount for the status match. That's how I found out we had gotten status match. They never sent a confirmation if it.

MSC offers a status match program so if you have higher past passenger status on another cruise line, MSC will give you the equivalent status.

On their website they tell you to fill out a form and send it in to obtain the status match.

When I did that and didn't receive any reply, I called MSC. MSC said I had to book a cruise first, than they would give me the status match.

For me, I booked the cruise first I think. I filled out the form online, attached a PDF copy of my status from Princess and submitted it. They sent my match within a day or 2. I then had my TA apply it for the discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got the match before we booked our cruise.

I did, but DH didn't. However, I was never notified. I found my status match by setting up an account which I was only able to do because of the status match since I hadn't yet booked. For DH, I reapplied after two weeks, and it went through immediately-less than an hour. I had booked a cruise during that interim. Maybe that had an effect? So many scenarios regarding status match.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I applied for status match and waited about a week without hearing anything back. Then I set up an account for myself and saw I had the Black Card. I then booked a cruise on the Seaside and gave the Voyager # to the MSC rep. She advised me to call back in a weeks' time since the Voyager # was just set up and wasn't active in their system yet.

Seems like a cumbersome process, but this cruise isn't until Oct 2018, so there's plenty of time for the pieces to fall into place.

We booked through a TA at a great price earlier this year, my only reason for using a TA.

A couple of months later I read here about status match so applied, took about a week. Once we had our status match via email, I advised the TA who applied the 5% discount.

I applied for status match and waited about a week without hearing anything back. Then I set up an account for myself and saw I had the Black Card. I then booked a cruise on the Seaside and gave the Voyager # to the MSC rep. She advised me to call back in a weeks' time since the Voyager # was just set up and wasn't active in their system yet.

So much exactly like my experience. When the MSC booking agent didn't see my V#, she then looked in another place which she said was for V match. She found it.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I emailed them first to get my status match, then booked the cruise. Then emailed them again because I didn't get the discount.....Even though it showed I was issued a Voyager number and Gold I think, it wasn't recognizing it when I booked online. They have some glitches to work out.

• 8 months later...
Does make a difference to get DW to status match, or so long as one person in the cabin has the status, everything will apply?

Only the person who has the status match gets all the goodies

if you both want all the privileges, (some are per person, some are per cabin), you both have to status match

Why would you need a status match if you don’t have a cruise booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got 5% off the cruise fare. Booked and then status matched, I was notified within a week through email and called to get the discount. I wasn't aware that it was per person. She informed me that my husband has to status match separately so we're working on that now.

After I booked our cruise I emailed MSC re status match with our Celebrity CC elite status, we are Black on MSC. So After reading this thread I emailed MSC re the 5% discount. I received their reply today they have honoured the discount and are sending out another invoice to my TA. Result! Thanks guys.

I wonder if there is difference procedure if you paid in full or just put a deposit. IE. 5% off the invoice vs 5% in OBC

you are correct, if you have just paid the deposit you get 5% off the final invoice; if you have paid in full then you get 5% in OBC.

Pete