So, my son forgot his underwear

My fault in both cases.

I washed DH's underwear the day before, and hung it up to dry. Forgot to pack it that night. They did have some for sale on the ship.

Overlooked packing his shirt studs for tuxedo shirt. SIL, who drove us to the port, came up with five brass binder clips that looked close enough to studs when installed, and, more importantly, kept his shirt buttoned up!

On a cruise a few years ago, we had to fly from London Gatwick on an early flight so booked into a hotel the night before. At approximately 3 AM I sat bolt upright in bed and realised I hadn't packed my dress shirt. Not so much of a problem as forgetting underwear, but a bow tie and a naked neck looked a bit strange :D

I'm another one that brings my fave down pillow from my bed, plus a colored pillowcase; actually I don't even have a white pillowcase, or sheets for that matter.

On my Panama Canal cruise, I was unpacking after the ship had departed FLL and discovered I had forgotten the power cord to my laptop! A few days into the cruise I had met a couple who happened to have the same make/model of laptop, so I was able to recharge my laptop plus my iPad via the laptop.

My bitter half forgot to pack her bras once. I spent half a day shopping for bras in New Orleans. You get some really strange looks when you are a 220# man rummaging through the bras in K-Mart.

Was that a typo or intentional? :rolleyes: Shopping for bras for your wife? You're a good husband!

I always remove my down pillow from the bed before we leave our cabin in the morning. I doubt housekeeping would have mistaken it for one of their pillows. It usually has my kid's old Winnie the Pooh colorful case on it. I just feel better with it hidden :D

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

Is there anything important that YOU forgot for your cruise? :D

Heck since I retired 6+ years ago I'm commando all the time, one less thing to worry about to packing.

If I forget something I do without, plain and simple.

Smart lady, your wife!

I once forgot my down pillow which I take on every trip, even for overnight stays. I love shmushing it every which way under my head.

Down pillow essential. Mine is very small so useful on planes and the sun deck but Silversea give you a menu of seven types of pillow!

I have never forgotten anything. I am a list person and we book our cruises at least a year out. I immediately start my list and add to it as I think things through. I have done it so often now that I have a basic list I start with and build from there. Believe me---if we arrive without it, we don't need it. :D:D

I forgot our cruise on an very British ship. My husband brought a dark suit but forgot an undershirt. He turned his t-shirt backwards and that worked fine under his dress shirt. Until he took his jacket off after dinner and the University of Florida logo showed through on his back, complete with Al the alligator. I never told him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

go Gators!

This last cruise I forgot my eye gel and night cream (when you're a lady of a certain age these things are necessities!). Lucky for me, our first port was France! Unfortunately, the night cream made me break out. Sigh.

The worst thing I have ever forgotten was an extra pair of contact lenses. Of course on Night 2, I dropped one down the drain. I did go to dinner one night with one blind eye. Luckily I brought a fancy extra pair of glasses that I had never worn before - they broke on the first day I wore them. Sigh. That was a very blinding cruise...

The worst thing I have ever forgotten was an extra pair of contact lenses. Of course on Night 2, I dropped one down the drain. I did go to dinner one night with one blind eye. Luckily I brought a fancy extra pair of glasses that I had never worn before - they broke on the first day I wore them. Sigh. That was a very blinding cruise...

That's one of my biggest fears when packing to go away anywhere- forgetting a spare pair of contact lenses!

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

Is there anything important that YOU forgot for your cruise? :D

Ha! We did a 10 day cruise over Christmas with no luggage at all, other than my hubby's computer bag and my small carry on. I had one change of clothes, no toiletries, no shoes, no bathing suit, sleep wear etc., and hubby had nothing! There was a massive snowstorm, and we received luggage two weeks after returning home. It was great fun though and the ship staff and passengers were most understanding. We learned our lesson and now pack a couple of days worth of stuff in our carry ons. Nicole

My now ex-husband forgot the pants to his suit for formal night. He had the coat, shirt and tie, just no pants! Luckily, we were in a suite and our butler was able to get him a tux that, while it didn't fit perfectly, he still looked dang good in it.

I am blind as a bat, so I know the one time I forget my extra glasses is when I'll need them. I'm traveling overseas in the fall, and plan on bringing TWO extra pairs, just in case. Because if I break mine and have nothing else, that's it. I wont' even be able to get home without assistance!

Driving down to the port the night before departure, commenting on the miles of stationary traffic in the opposite direction. We eventually came to a halt in 5 lanes of traffic too. I then heard a frantic rustling in the back followed by a whispered "do I tell her?" "do you tell me what" was my response. She had left her retainer in her bedroom at home.

We had already travelled 4 hours with another couple to go to get to our hotel, at best estimate leaving at the next junction and battling the traffic it would be at least 6 hours to get back home followed by another 6 to get back to the port.

She managed the 2 week cruise without her retainer which thankfully went in on our return and we never admitted what had happened to the orthodontist. We subsequently had a spare one made which

I am an obsessive list maker, and if anything, I probably take a bit too much. One time though, I went down my list and packed all my long pants in a suitcase we were packing and promptly checked them off my list. Get on the ship, and... no long pants! Wife said, "Oh, didn't you see that I needed room in that suitcase for my make-up bag, so I took your pants out and hung them on the door. You didn't repack them?" Found one pair of ugly slacks in our first port that kinda fit.

New packing Rule: Nothing comes out of a suitcase unless it gets put directly in another suitcase. Don't unpack for me before we even go on the cruise...

I only had one pair of casual pants on one cruise. I wore them to dinner every casual night. I remembered to pack my tuxedo pants but did not pack the other pair of casual pants. It was a 10-night cruise, so we had 8 casual nights.