Luggage Tags

PLVP

No, you have to log into your cruise manager account and complete online check in. When you do this you will set up your spending account, input passenger info and travel info, and then you will be able to print all your cruise docs including your boarding pass and the luggage tags.

You will also want to select your "check in" time through this same area. You must select a check in time to enter the terminal and will not be able to enter until that time (or after) unless you are Diamond/Platinum or have FTTF. You can select your check in time as soon as the option becomes available (you don't have to wait until close to the cruise when you do all the other stuff), that way you have a better chance of getting the time slot you want.

Will Carnival send passengers luggage tags in the mail as Celebrity does?

Only if you contact them at least 60 days before departure requesting them, claiming you do not have a printer and did not book through a TA or reservation site. In some cases they will tell you to just show your boarding pass to the curbside porters to have the make the tag(s) out on embarkation day.

I always print my tags at home. There always seems to be lots of people waiting to get them from the porters. Plus, I like to make a mini-tag to attach to my camera in case I were to leave it somewhere. It hasn't happened, but you never know. Hopefully that would encourage the finder to return to guest services. I also put them on my bag that I take to the pool.

We print ours and use these little nifty tag holders

image1_19.jpg

Where'd you get these with the metal grommet and straps?

I ordered a set of tag holders from cruise critic and they are complete garbage... Lasted 2 cruises and either the plastic strap broke or they ripped through the tag holder hole.

EDIT: Ok, never mind... Google... [emoji6]

Edited by crooooze

Only if you contact them at least 60 days before departure requesting them, claiming you do not have a printer and did not book through a TA or reservation site. In some cases they will tell you to just show your boarding pass to the curbside porters to have the make the tag(s) out on embarkation day.

Who does not have a printer or access to one, like anywhere

Who does not have a printer or access to one, like anywhere

We have a family member who not only doesn’t have a printer....he doesn’t have a computer either!!!

Guess who gets stuck booking his cruises and printing out his paperwork & tags!!! :o:o

Thankfully he only cruises once or twice a year!!

Will Carnival send passengers luggage tags in the mail as Celebrity does?

I believe the practice of mailing Carnival luggage tags followed the Princess phone into extinction.

As far as Celebrity goes, I was able to print my own tags on my computer just like I do for Carnival.

No, you have to log into your cruise manager account and complete online check in. When you do this you will set up your spending account, input passenger info and travel info, and then you will be able to print all your cruise docs including your boarding pass and the luggage tags.

You won't be able to print your boarding pass until final payment has been made though.

If you choose not to do your online check in and really really want them in the mail. Yes you can get them call Customer Service and let the know. Keep in mind there is a $40. Charge to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have two sets of tag holders: one for our RCCL cruises and one for Carnival. One little trick I like is to print all the debark information on the back side. On debark night we refold the tags so they show the debark information instead of the embark information. We attach the debark tags right next to it but don’t have to fill out the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where'd you get these with the metal grommet and straps?

I ordered a set of tag holders from cruise critic and they are complete garbage... Lasted 2 cruises and either the plastic strap broke or they ripped through the tag holder hole.

EDIT: Ok, never mind... Google... [emoji6]

I have those same ones and love them. I bought them on Amazon.