Princess Ezair

macleay

Our experience with EzAir is that its often by far the cheapest for long distance international one way flights. Just have to watch their connection times for being way too short and of course their routing which can be a long duration magical mystery tour.

And as we like repositioning cruises then its great for us.

For US internal flights I like to try to book Southwest if possible on one of their sales, nice airline and 2 free checked bags.

I like EZ Air, as long as you do some checking elsewhere, flights might be cheaper on EZ air. I'm generally on positioning cruises so EZ air is way cheaper than booking on my own. When I'm flying to Europe (Oct.), Buenos Aires in Feb. I want the security of booking a flight with Princess.

As previous poster stated, when I did a New England to Florida cruise, I booked my own, United to Canada, Southwest direct to MKE on the way home. You can't beat Southwest!

Here's my 2 cents:

As others have said, I find good deals on international flights. Often better than booking directly through the airline.

I once had an issue with my return flight. The airline cancelled my connection from Toronto Pearson to Ottawa and rebooked me on a flight that gave me a 12 hour layover in Toronto. I called my PVP and he worked with EZAir to get me rebooked on a much earlier connection, no change in air fare or anything.

I booked my flights from Edmonton (Canada) and liked being able to make free changes/cancellations up to 45 days to the departing flight. Prices fluctuated, over a few months, and saved an additional $150 before the 45 day limit.

Hi Kiwimum, A few days ago I booked an international flight thru' EZAir for the first time. Could you elaborate on how you were able to select your seats please? LOL being new to this EZAir thingie I can't find where I can do this. Thanks in advance.

LC1950, your confirmation from Princess contains the airline locator which gives you access to your reservation. I am sure it varies from airline to airline and class of service when they allow advance seat selection. For our upcoming BA flight to LHR I was able to select seats at the time I booked online. We usually travel PE or Business on BA and have never paid for early seat selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just have to watch their connection times for being way too short and of course their routing which can be a long duration magical mystery tour.

For example:

American Airlines, Qantas

Sacramento

05 MAR 18

10:55 PM

SMF CLT JFK LAX SYD

Sydney

08 MAR 18

8:30 AM

Arrives next day

Fortunately, I was able to select a better option for a little more

Virgin Australia

Sacramento

06 MAR 18

5:10 PM

SMF LAX SYD

Sydney

08 MAR 18

8:05 AM

Arrives next day

This option had 3 hours at LAX. Another option had 45 minutes.

• Like 1

LC1950, your confirmation from Princess contains the airline locator which gives you access to your reservation. I am sure it varies from airline to airline and class of service when they allow advance seat selection. For our upcoming BA flight to LHR I was able to select seats at the time I booked online. We usually travel PE or Business on BA and have never paid for early seat selection.

Thanks Kiwimum. I've checked out reservation and no, cannot select seats at this time. Final payment isn't due for a while so once that's done will try and get seat allocation then. If not will take pot luck when checking in. LOL DH will just have to pull up his big boy undies and get over it. :evilsmile:

LC1950, look at the price difference between economy and premium economy you might be surprised if you are flying BA. More legroom, free luggage, better food. Seats can be selected before final payment.

I booked my flights from Edmonton (Canada) and liked being able to make free changes/cancellations up to 45 days to the departing flight. Prices fluctuated, over a few months, and saved an additional $150 before the 45 day limit.

I'm a bit confused.

If I have a cruise booked, but it is before final payment, when I go to ezair, can i book a flexible fare rate and not pay until 45 days prior, or does that mean my rate could go up? (ie-do you have to pay the airfare to actually lock in the price?)?

Kiwimum, we're flying Singapore to Melbourne on Emirates in business. We're saving over $750 with EZ Air compared to the price on Emirates website.. So happy campers in that respect Any seat in business class is fine with me. Honestly, why my DH wants a window seat I can't fathom. It's an overnight flight - there's nothing to see except maybe the moon? And knowing him he'll probably spend most of the flight snoring. :rolleyes:

BA was not one of the airlines offered on EZ Air for this route.

Kiwimum, we're flying Singapore to Melbourne on Emirates in business. We're saving over $750 with EZ Air compared to the price on Emirates website.. So happy campers in that respect Any seat in business class is fine with me. Honestly, why my DH wants a window seat I can't fathom. It's an overnight flight - there's nothing to see except maybe the moon? And knowing him he'll probably spend most of the flight snoring. :rolleyes:

BA was not one of the airlines offered on EZ Air for this route.

Safe travels, Enjoy your flight and select a seat in the aisle across from DH. We do not sit next to each other on any flights.

EZ air was awesome for our upcoming Mediterranean Cruise. The cost was much lass than I could find anywhere else from California to Europe and back. I was able to adjust our flights to stay extra days on both ends of the trip.

That's a great point...by arriving a couple of days early we saved more than enough money to pay for a pre-cruise visit. :)

Since they allow one-way flights we're paying $241 for Flexible EZair from LA to Barcelona. The return flight from FLL was $300 so it was better to instead use SWA points.

I'm a bit confused.

If I have a cruise booked, but it is before final payment, when I go to ezair, can i book a flexible fare rate and not pay until 45 days prior, or does that mean my rate could go up? (ie-do you have to pay the airfare to actually lock in the price?)?

EZ air does not need to be paid until final payment and the beauty of this service is that if the price drops and you call, you will get the lower price but if it goes up, you will still get the price you currently have. What I find amazing is that whether or not you are using a TA, Princess will adjust the price for you quickly and easily. Last week our February flight from Newark to LA dropped a little. I called Princess and got the reduction. The very next day it dropped even more. Once again Princess adjusted. I check at least twice a day. We are now paying $301.50 pp for non stop afternoon flights. Couldn't do this with a booking directly with the airlines! Princess was even able to get us seats on one of the flights. Keep in mind since this is actually a rebooking, you will need to get seats each time you make a change. Sometimes you will need to go through the airline for seats.

EZ air does not need to be paid until final payment and the beauty of this service is that if the price drops and you call, you will get the lower price but if it goes up, you will still get the price you currently have. What I find amazing is that whether or not you are using a TA, Princess will adjust the price for you quickly and easily. Last week our February flight from Newark to LA dropped a little. I called Princess and got the reduction. The very next day it dropped even more. Once again Princess adjusted. I check at least twice a day. We are now paying $301.50 pp for non stop afternoon flights. Couldn't do this with a booking directly with the airlines! Princess was even able to get us seats on one of the flights. Keep in mind since this is actually a rebooking, you will need to get seats each time you make a change. Sometimes you will need to go through the airline for seats.

We have booked EZ Air for the first time for our January South America cruise. How do you check the prices as you mentioned? Every time I try, I can't seem to figure out how to do this without changing the flights I have now. I'd like to just monitor the flights for price drops as you have been doing. I can't seem to find any way to do this--I'm sure I am just missing something.

We have booked EZ Air for the first time for our January South America cruise. How do you check the prices as you mentioned? Every time I try, I can't seem to figure out how to do this without changing the flights I have now. I'd like to just monitor the flights for price drops as you have been doing. I can't seem to find any way to do this--I'm sure I am just missing something.

What I do is start a new search on the Princess website. Pick your date, ship, and itinerary just as you would if you hadn't booked. Once you get that voyage you will see a prompt on top right that says find flights. (It's before you would be selecting category.) Put in your airport, date etc and it will find flights. I go the day before so I need to change the date. I put in non stop. Once you find the same flight you currently have select it. (Or if you find a better one select that.) You will then select your return. The price for those two legs will be shown. If cheaper than what you currently have, call Princess. If not, do nothing. And yes, you can change flights. I changed my outgoing from United to Alaska Air. My original booking was close to $900 for 2. It's now $602.10. It could still drop further. I hope this is clear enough. I do it so often, it becomes almost automatic. Obsessive? Maybe. Thrifty? Definitely!

To get an accurate fare comparison you should go through your current EZ Air booking.

You click on ADD/MODIFY flights and then do the search for new ones, IT WILL NOT cancel your current flights unless you go through the entire process and accept the new ones. Its very safe and easy to do. It will give you both the old and new flights side by side and give you the price difference.

Doing another dummy booking or NEW search will not give you all available and accurate options at the time.

It does not give you a way to lock them in while you go back and try and change them.

Thanks everyone. I will try both methods and see what works best. I *think* I have tried the second method but prices were actually higher than I booked. I don't remember seeing the prices side by side tough.

Prices seem very high, compared, for instance, with fares to Europe, but maybe it is partly because of high demand or because I am flying from Omaha, not a major air hub. But then we always fly from Omaha.

Thanks everyone. I will try both methods and see what works best. I *think* I have tried the second method but prices were actually higher than I booked. I don't remember seeing the prices side by side tough.

Prices seem very high, compared, for instance, with fares to Europe, but maybe it is partly because of high demand or because I am flying from Omaha, not a major air hub. But then we always fly from Omaha.

I've run into the same thing trying to find flights from Omaha. Sometimes being smack dab in the middle of the country isn't a good thing.:(

That's been my experiences...great international airfares from the US but not great for domestic US airfares. We fly from LAX so there are many flight options & just like from Omaha domestic airfares are not great. Airfares from places such as Omaha may be more expensive no matter how they're booked.

Although even if the airfare is the same price as other booking sources, with Flexible EZair we have the option to make changes up to 45 days in advance & don't have to pay for them until the cruise's final payment.

That's been my experiences...great international airfares from the US but not great for domestic US airfares. We fly from LAX so there are many flight options & just like from Omaha domestic airfares are not great. Airfares from places such as Omaha may be more expensive no matter how they're booked.

Although even if the airfare is the same price as other booking sources, with Flexible EZair we have the option to make changes up to 45 days in advance & don't have to pay for them until the cruise's final payment.

The benefit of cruise air as you said is the ability to make changes up to 45 days in advance. But the drawbacks become glaringly obvious if there are any snafus and hiccups on the day of travel. Since EZAir tickets are extremely restricted tickets, your options for changes on the day of departure in case of weather, mechanical or other issues are much more limited than with "normal" tickets purchased directly from the airline.

The benefit of cruise air as you said is the ability to make changes up to 45 days in advance. But the drawbacks become glaringly obvious if there are any snafus and hiccups on the day of travel. Since EZAir tickets are extremely restricted tickets, your options for changes on the day of departure in case of weather, mechanical or other issues are much more limited than with "normal" tickets purchased directly from the airline.

Yes, that's a risk that each passenger needs to consider before making a decision. Thankfully that has never happened to me but it's a factor we'll consider before deciding about how we'll book flights by making a risk vs benefit analysis. We routinely arrive several days early to minimize any results of flight interruptions.

Several years ago we directly booked frequent flyer tickets back to the US from Europe when the Icelandic volcano eruptions & labor issues affected our flights. I emailed my TA from the ship who despite not booking flights through her, she contacted the airlines to get us our best flight options home...a good TA can be very valuable.

I learned in our roll call that when arriving early to the embarkation airport that EZair does not assist with making alternative flights unless we "will" miss the ship or have actually missed the ship. I confirmed this fact with the terms & conditions and that passengers have to directly contact the airline for alternative flights when arriving early. Although that's the same situation whether booked directly with the airline or through EZair. Thankfully I haven't experienced the situation you described but appreciate your insights about that possibility.

When I use EZair and the price drops, I never call Princess for them to make the changes. I just go onto my booking and find my flights. There is a “Cancel” button that I select. Right after cancelling the flights I quickly rebook the new flights. I use Delta, so I can go onto their web site and reselect my seats. As soon as I cancelled the flights, Delta released the seats, which allows me to rebook the same seats.

I've run into the same thing trying to find flights from Omaha. Sometimes being smack dab in the middle of the country isn't a good thing.:(

Very true. Very few non-stops except short hops like Chicago or Denver. We usually use FF miles so actually paying for flights is a little shocking! But, too many miles required for this trip and/or no seats left anyway.

But, we do like living the uncongested, free, clean life in Nebraska--except for winter, of course. Our low cost of living probably makes up for a lot of flight costs!