Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Do they have to change those plants out before coming to the US in November? I thought the USDA wouldn't allow plants in from Europe?

Nope. When the Oasis did the first TA for the dry dock in 2014 the chief landscaper Laszlo was really worried about his plants (dry dock was in October in Rotterdam). And he complained that he´s in the heaven of every landscaper and not allowed to buy anything due to CBP. Obviously with the Symphony they came to an agreement. I forgot to ask Laszlo on the Symphony how it works. Either they import all plants from the US or they finally found out that the plants dont "disembark".

steamboats

Bird's eye view.

So the Suite Sun Deck is extended? [emoji4]8924c6202ba322c5ca535cf1217d1e77.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That is probably the roof from the hooked on seafood restaurant. It will be interesting to see what the do with that. Another hot tub? The cabana area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. When the Oasis did the first TA for the dry dock in 2014 the chief landscaper Laszlo was really worried about his plants (dry dock was in October in Rotterdam). And he complained that he´s in the heaven of every landscaper and not allowed to buy anything due to CBP. Obviously with the Symphony they came to an agreement. I forgot to ask Laszlo on the Symphony how it works. Either they import all plants from the US or they finally found out that the plants dont "disembark".

steamboats

I wonder if Laszlo is doing the park on Symphony. He has done the park on every one of the O class ships so I'm guessing yes. He gave us a private tour of his kingdom on Harmony last year. Very interesting and such a nice man !

I wonder if Laszlo is doing the park on Symphony. He has done the park on every one of the O class ships so I'm guessing yes. He gave us a private tour of his kingdom on Harmony last year. Very interesting and such a nice man !

Yes, he did every park on the Oasis class ships. And another yes, his tours are great (but don´t have any other appoinments close to his tour).

steamboats

Can't really picture what the finished solarium pool will look like but I'm really glad to see it.

It almost looks like the solarium pool on the Anthem - only without the tiers. The front edge of it may end up being glass walled since it looks too low as it is now to hold more than a few inches of water.

It almost looks like the solarium pool on the Anthem - only without the tiers. The front edge of it may end up being glass walled since it looks too low as it is now to hold more than a few inches of water.

Shipyard employees are invited to visit the ship on Sunday. We could see up-to-date photos of the pool if the Solarium is part of the visit.

59d8b90c8ecbfa49be02c2f56e6b0300.jpg

dd59a93362109b1970a89e3d975449d7.jpg

Not a good choice in timing, given what just happened at their home port of Miami on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Royal didn't officially release the pictures and the car had to be put into the promenade before the ship leaves the yard next Saturday. If they had published the pictures it would have indeed been a poor decision.

I know change is a good thing but, they had a great thing going with the Morgan / Classic Car type cars. Why spoil a good thing. I'm not sure you will see a people lineing up to take a picture with this car on formal nights. Then again I could be wrong. It will probably appeal to the younger guest and that's probably what they were going for.

Will they have a “normal” fancy car in there too?

Doubt it, but anything is possible.

There's a normal-ish VW Bus in the mini golf course on deck 15... [emoji6]

9b87542bfad29b9aed5c4a04a15fbaf1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I love the cuteness of that car but it makes me feel uncomfortable. I want to inflate it back to a real car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto, not a fan. Having some doubts about the changes on this "sister". Time will tell. I do think the new ships are catering to a much younger age group, which I guess makes sense. 30's will cruise many more years than 60's will.:loudcry::loudcry:

I know change is a good thing but, they had a great thing going with the Morgan / Classic Car type cars. Why spoil a good thing. I'm not sure you will see a people lineing up to take a picture with this car on formal nights. Then again I could be wrong. It will probably appeal to the younger guest and that's probably what they were going for.

Ditto, not a fan. Having some doubts about the changes on this "sister". Time will tell. I do think the new ships are catering to a much younger age group, which I guess makes sense. 30's will cruise many more years than 60's will.:loudcry::loudcry:

As one of the younger guests you refer to, I hate it! Doesn't make much sense to me.

Could the car "unfold" and look like a normal car?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I think one of the points of that new car is that it takes up a lot less precious Promenade space - they don't want it to unfold and take up space.