Say it ain't so - fee for ice show?

I wouldn't pay for it either!! Hopefully if Royal is considering this, they see our responses. I was going to do the puzzle room on Harmony last year but they started charging for it on our sailing so I didn't do it!! When something used to be free and they start charging for it, I will usually boycott it hoping for a change lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Voyager in May this year sailing from Singapore and there is no charge. ( fake news?)

As was mentioned, it could be a charge only for China cruises.

When looking for a bargain and go strictly by cabin prices, it is interesting to see that quite a number of sailings form China come up. Maybe this kind of nickle-and-diming is needed to make up revenue, or more likely, due to the short sailings (most are 4-5 days), the charge is to allow those that really want to go to see it.

We have seen the show twice and enjoyed it. However, I don't purchase tickets to go see Olympic Gold Medalist perform in the shows that come to town...sure as heck not going to pay to see a lesser show on a ship.

If it stays free...might go see it again, if for no other reason than it's something to do. If they start charging...pass.

On the Explorer 2 weeks ago there was no fee and you didn't have to get tickets. There were 4 shows that week and it was based on your muster station. We missed our time to go and went to another one. They checked seapass cards at the door. Anyone else was let in 5 minutes prior to the show. starting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

When looking for a bargain and go strictly by cabin prices, it is interesting to see that quite a number of sailings form China come up. Maybe this kind of nickle-and-diming is needed to make up revenue, or more likely, due to the short sailings (most are 4-5 days), the charge is to allow those that really want to go to see it.

This has been the reason given since Quantum went to China, starting with Northstar and iFly.

I vote for this being the reason, if what the Australian reported is correct.

This has been the reason given since Quantum went to China, starting with Northstar and iFly.

I vote for this being the reason, if what the Australian reported is correct.

RCI seems to be of the mindset that charging extra for something somehow enhances the cruise experience. The only thing I think extra charges enhance is RCI's bottom line.

RCI seems to be of the mindset that charging extra for something somehow enhances the cruise experience. The only thing I think extra charges enhance is RCI's bottom line.

Maybe, but in the case of the ice show it could be for everyone's safety. 3000+ Chinese trying to get into a free ice show could get ugly.

Biker, who hopes the PC police don't chime in.

Biker, you do know that Quantum does NOT have an ice rink.:cool: