Our Constellation Odyssey, Oct 3~Dec 20

C 2 C

I've had enough of the negative threads by marketing guerrillas who wish to damage the name of our favorite cruise line by posting inflammatory thread headings. We are about to undertake our longest on board experience yet: except for the repositioning cruise from Oct. 30th to November 9th, we will be residing on Constellation for five 13 and 14 day cruises from October 3rd to Dec. 20th. The five include a back to back to Quebec from Bayonne, 13 days in the Caribbean and a back to back from Miami through the Canal to San Diego.

Our cruising style involves enjoying life at sea, ports and destinations are no longer that important. Not all of our Celebrity cruises have been perfect, some better than others and some even bad enough to raise certain issues in posts here on CC. However several posters have suggested that life on board is barely tolerable having had issues with food, service, accommodations and poor maintenance.

I'm going with the expectation that life on board will be better than ever and that Celebrity is handling the competition well in these tough economic times.

Our Cruising background:

In addition to many sailings on every Celebrity ship (except Equinox), we have also cruised over 30 times with HAL, Princess, RCI and NCL. In our experience, the others provide a good product but none consistently do as well as Celebrity in making us feel like we are at home on "our" cruise line.

If anyone has a question about life at sea, Celebrity style, please post and I will attempt to answer them over the next three months.

Hi Arno !

I hate you. Just kidding of course ! The type of itinerary you are doing is a dream of mine. Maybe it will happen someday. It is interesting that Constellation will be sailing so many varied itineraries over a few month period. I'm sure it will be fantastic. Regarding the recent negative comments about Constellation.... quite frankly, I do not believe them at all, as Constellation is one of our favorite ships.

I will be on 1 leg of your sailing, the 13 night Caribbean sailing on November 9th. It will be a pleasure to sail with you and Joanne again. I look forward to your updates. Have a wonderful time on Constellation. Bon Voyage !

I've had enough of the negative threads by marketing guerrillas who wish to damage the name of our favorite cruise line by posting inflammatory thread headings. We are about to undertake our longest on board experience yet: except for the repositioning cruise from Oct. 30th to November 9th, we will be residing on Constellation for five 13 and 14 day cruises from October 3rd to Dec. 20th. The five include a back to back to Quebec from Bayonne, 13 days in the Caribbean and a back to back from Miami through the Canal to San Diego.

Our cruising style involves enjoying life at sea, ports and destinations are no longer that important. Not all of our Celebrity cruises have been perfect, some better than others and some even bad enough to raise certain issues in posts here on CC. However several posters have suggested that life on board is barely tolerable having had issues with food, service, accommodations and poor maintenance.

I'm going with the expectation that life on board will be better than ever and that Celebrity is handling the competition well in these tough economic times.

Our Cruising background:

In addition to many sailings on every Celebrity ship (except Equinox), we have also cruised over 30 times with HAL, Princess, RCI and NCL. In our experience, the others provide a good product but none consistently do as well as Celebrity in making us feel like we are at home on "our" cruise line.

If anyone has a question about life at sea, Celebrity style, please post and I will attempt to answer them over the next three months.

We shared a cruise to Norway in 2008. We will be on the Constellation repo you will miss. I am jealous. Happy Sailing!!!!

Arno,

Thanks for a balanced and thoughtful start to what promises to be an exceptionally amazing journey. Have a wonderful time, and be sure to raise a glass for Larry and I at one point during your trip... the Constellation is one of our favorite ships, if not THE favorite at this point in time... I can see you and Joanne swirling around the dance floor and enjoying all the amenities the ship, crew and outstanding staff have to offer. We enjoyed meeting you both last September on the TA... Bon Voyage to you both... and we will look forward to those updates when you can share them.

We too enjoyed our Norway experience. We are very jealous of you!! I am sure over the five weeks you will be able to give us a very balanced view of the highs and lows of service onboard. We certainly loved our experiences on Constellation

A

Well said Xcellent !!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful time. I have a hard enough time leaving X ships after a one week cruise, can't imagine what I'd be like if I was ever to do what you're doing. Don't know how X would ever get me off !!!!!!!!!!! We were on Constellation last October for the Canada New England cruise and it was fantastic. Being that I live in Canada it was so nice to see other parts of the country. ENJOY !!!!!!!!:)

Well I'm jealous as all get out!!:p

I just don't get the Connie Haters! If you can't have a wonderful time on the Constellation, you can't have a good time on ANY ship.

Have a great cruise, but don't be surprised to find me stowed away in your luggage!!:D

When we hit the lottery - I am moving on to one of these lovely ladies - just not sure which one yet - so I have to keep testing to find the correct one for us.

Counting the miinutes until 10/16.

Thank you for all the well wishes.

We have just arrived in Elizabeth NJ after a ten hour drive from home.

Some people don't like driving but the "excursion" through the hill country of New York and Pennsylvania was quite colourful despite the sprinkles of rain.

I have to thank some wonderful people at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=925867&page=42

greatam and megr1125 provide a wealth of information concerning hotels, transportation, and directions for anyone travelling to NJ.

We are staying at the Courtyard Newark Elizabeth which provides free gated parking for the duration of the cruise. In the morning, Blackexecutivecars will pick us up for a ride to the terminal.

Arno

We have not met yet but I am sure we will one day as I am booked on the Connie in the future.

my question is why are you getting off for the cruise from Jersey to FL? is it to switch clothes?? Also what size cabin does one need for 6 weeks??

lastly why do people prefer the Connie over other ships of this class? i am booked on two ships this class so wondering...

Thanks!

Arno - safe travels and happy sailing. Wish we could do this type cruise:rolleyes:

Being from NJ we even stayed at the Port of Elizabeth to fly out of Newark. We stayed at the Comfort Inns & Suites which also provides parking for the entire length of the cruise. It's very convenient to both the airport and the terminal. The hotels are located right next to each other so it's really your choice to look for the best price.

Robin - preference for a ship is personal I think. We LOVE Summit but sailed Connie for the first time this past March and really enjoyed her also. I think it also might be the "class" of ship. My kids have sailed on Solstice, loved the ship but my DIL still feels it's big. She still favors the "M" class. We also loved the Century class but most of them are gone now. We sail on Mercury next March for the first time and are looking forward to the smaller ship.

Arno - we're all looking forward to a long review when you return or, if you can find the free minutes in the internet cafe, post some thoughts along the way. BUT, again, have a wonderful cruise, cruise, cruise!!!!

PatC

Arno,

Did you ever consider negotiating a ''short term lease for residency on board'' ??? Would work out cheaper....This has got to be your longest stretch at one time.....

Have a super trip. You'll probably get Rockstar on the bridge at some point during your next l o n g stay on board. Wish him well for us.

Were you lucky ( or clever ) enough to get the same stateroom throughout ??

ENJOY !!!

Cheers

A jealous mate....:rolleyes:

Arno, I am sure you will have a wonderful time on Constellation. She is one of our most favorite ships. Your itinerary sounds just great. Do let us all know here how it is going. We are all green with envy on your good fortune of travel.

Pat

Archived