I am a Riviera snob. I'll admit it.

dawnrae

Just booked a family cruise and was so excited that I was able to get our six cabins on the Riviera Deck. Am I becoming a Riviera snob? Just love the location, ease of getting on a elevator (never too full) and ease on the pocketbook. Easy to disembark for excursions too. Yes, I have done the balconys so I do know what I am missing but I always seem to return to my favorite deck. Anyone else willing to admit that they are a Riviera snob?

Dawnrae

When traveling with several members of the family, I agree that the Riviera deck is awesome! For all of the reasons you mentioned plus I love how quiet the deck is.

Now when it is just me and DH sneaking away just the two of us, them my deck of choice is the Empress deck because of how close it is to everything.

I seem to mostly be on Main or Empress decks. I was on Rivieria last cruise on Elation and many of us down on Rivieria had a/c problems the upper decks didnt have.

Other than the price, I cant see anything to recommend it. Too many cabins, the least convenient to anything else. Id rather be close enough to run to my cabin between dinner and the shows. Elevator time longer to get to other decks etc.. its fine to save money, but I cant imagine picking it for convenience?

Anywhere on the ship is find with me. My son and I get the 1A when we can. We go on 2 or 3 and some times 4 cruise a yr.. So the cheaper the better. Only time we are in the room is for a nap and late at night.

As long as I am on the ship I'm happy. :D

The balconies are nice though.....

I'm with you!

I would take the riviera deck over nothing (of course) but it wouldn't be my first choice if I could afford other options. If I can't afford other options I might even choose an inside on a mid/higher deck vs an outside on riviera..

I'm with you!

I would take the riviera deck over nothing (of course) but it wouldn't be my first choice if I could afford other options. If I can't afford other options I might even choose an inside on a mid/higher deck vs an outside on riviera..

Iv done this (twice) .. chosen a high deck, mid deck inside cabin for convenience, when for the same money I could have seen out on either riviera or main.

We lean toward convenience these days, though now that Im not cruising with my sister, Id probably pick the cabin I could see out.

We are Main deck snobs. Been there, done that with the balcony also. We like the OV and the price.

We are Main Deck snobs as well...although we are trying a Cove Balcony in Nov and an 8AFT on the BC 5 and a balcony on deck 7 for our Breeze B2B.

ON the newer ships....getting the kind of cabin we want for 3 people AFT isn't as easy as on the Conquest class and older....

i sailed on the main deck once, and found myself too far down. and sneers from those i was traveling down with when they got off their above floor.

have never sailed with the barnacles yet.

and until they put a balcony down there, you'll never find me there. i am a self professed balcony snob, usually attached to a suite.

Love Riveria Deck for all the same reasons, OP! I have never been on any other deck, but my family has & I'm always happy with my choice at the end of the day. Never had any issues with movement or noise. If anything, I found it to be peaceful & quiet. I had a Port Hole cabin last year and I loved it. I tried to re-book the same cabin for my cruise next week but all of the PT cabins were booked. :( But I'm still on Riveria Deck, I'll just be in a Deluxe Oceanview cabin. I don't care for balconies seeing that I dont spend a lot of time in my room to begin with. There is too much to do or see around the ship! :)

My name is Rebecca, and I'm a BALCONY snob!!:cool:

With you on the balcony. Gotta have one, overlooking the ocean, if you please. It's the only way to cruise!!!!!!:D

Walking the stairs (vs riding the elevators) alleviates any elevator crowds and lets me walk off my meals, too!!!!!

Other than the price, I cant see anything to recommend it.

Lowest deck = less rocking. Not a big deal for most, but for those who are prone to seasickness, it's a REALLY big deal.

Most of our cruises have been on Riviera and while we do enjoy a balcony, we like the Riviera for all the OP's reasons as well as the stabilty.

If we all liked the same things, life would be very boring! Happy sailing to all!

Just booked a family cruise and was so excited that I was able to get our six cabins on the Riviera Deck. Am I becoming a Riviera snob? Just love the location, ease of getting on a elevator (never too full) and ease on the pocketbook. Easy to disembark for excursions too. Yes, I have done the balconys so I do know what I am missing but I always seem to return to my favorite deck. Anyone else willing to admit that they are a Riviera snob?

Dawnrae

It does not make you a snob it makes you very smart.;)

My very first cruise my cabin was on the same deck as the crew. Riviera is a step up for me! LOL!

As much as I know I will love my Lido Balcony in a couple of weeks, I have no problem on the Riviera deck.

Would rather sail once a year with a balcony then be in an inside cabin and sail 2 times a year. So I guess I am a balcony snob big time. Did the inside 1 time on a 5 day cruise, never again.

i know, right?

why pain yourself twice, when you can enjoy yourself once? :confused:

to me, sailing in an inside is one step above rowing.

We are also Riviera snobs. We love the quiet, the minimal motion, the price, and being close to the gangway. I would love to try a balcony or a scenic ocean view one day if the price is right, but for now I prefer Riviera. And I don't consider it a step above rowing, I consider myself lucky to be taking my family on a cruise.

Archived