Qsine worth the price?

twopats

I would like to know if cruisers think the $35 for Qsine is worth it? I do think the other specialty restaurants on the Eclipse that are the same price are worth the extra dollars but not sure about this quirky new one. Trish

We loved it and are sorry there isn't one on Solstice which we are taking in November. DH and I are not ones for much formality and we loved the quirkiness of it--the servers were great as was the food, and it was fun, as opposed to the stuffiness of Murano or whatever the upscale restaurants may be. It is hard to keep us from snickering when they do the over-the-top 'butterfly' service--just a tad pretentious, which Qsine definitely is not. But you will find a wide variety of differing opinions here.;)

i would like to know if cruisers think the $35 for qsine is worth it? I do think the other specialty restaurants on the eclipse that are the same price are worth the extra dollars but not sure about this quirky new one. Trish

yes,yes,yes!

We loved Qusine on Eclipse last January! It was so much fun, and it was just my husband and me, so I agree, you don't have to have a big group to really enjoy it. We will be on Equinox for our next cruise and we are so disappointed that there is not a Qusine on board. Instead we will have to consider Silk Harvest--anybody have any feedback for the food at Silk Harvest?

. It is hard to keep us from snickering when they do the over-the-top 'butterfly' service--just a tad pretentious,

What is "butterfly service"?

(PS: Glad to see all this nice feedback on Qsine, as I've been trying to convince my partner that we have to try it on our upcoming Eclipse TA.)

I am in the minority on this one. Qsine for me was a one time experience. We were at a large table and enjoyed the evening. While the choices were interesting, they didn't reflect my taste. It was good to sample items that I wouldn't normally order, but simply verified why I wouldn't order them. I felt that I was snacking all evening and never really enjoying a complete meal. Once again, most would disagree with my observations. I looked forward to tasting the sliders. A tablemate said that he had it two nights before and had a reaction. I couldn't resist trying some and also had a negative reaction. Found the best thing for me on the menu were the lamb chops. IPad and the "food guide" concepts were interesting, but once you've been there and done that, you've been there and done that. I absolutely love Murano and the Tuscan Grille and never tire of dining at these wonderful venues. Really there are no right answers to the question. Comes down to personal taste. I would try it if I hadn't tried it before, but not a second time.

I am in the minority on this one. Qsine for me was a one time experience. We were at a large table and enjoyed the evening. While the choices were interesting, they didn't reflect my taste. It was good to sample items that I wouldn't normally order, but simply verified why I wouldn't order them. I felt that I was snacking all evening and never really enjoying a complete meal. Once again, most would disagree with my observations. I looked forward to tasting the sliders. A tablemate said that he had it two nights before and had a reaction. I couldn't resist trying some and also had a negative reaction. Found the best thing for me on the menu were the lamb chops. IPad and the "food guide" concepts were interesting, but once you've been there and done that, you've been there and done that. I absolutely love Murano and the Tuscan Grille and never tire of dining at these wonderful venues. Really there are no right answers to the question. Comes down to personal taste. I would try it if I hadn't tried it before, but not a second time.

Totally agree with everything you said and the concept is not a good fit for me personally. Plus, I did not enjoy the quality of the food. Conversely, love, love, love Silk Harvest for the sushi and the cooked dishes.

Well I'm one of the ones who likes the change of going to the specialty restaurants, no matter how many times I've gone. We LOVE Silk Harvest - it's fun and absolutely delicious and absolutely too much food. And I'm not a sushi eater. Looking forward to our first Qsine dinner on Eclipse in Nov.

I don't know yet- but we're going to find out! We booked a night in January to see if we'd like it, and one more because of the price increase. We can always switch to to Murano instead when we get onboard.

This is different. You booked another because of the price increase? many have been suggesting that they won't book any because of the increase.

What is "butterfly service"?

(PS: Glad to see all this nice feedback on Qsine, as I've been trying to convince my partner that we have to try it on our upcoming Eclipse TA.)

Well, for two diners, they have two waiters, who on cue dramatically lift the 'silver' domed lids off the plates, simultaneously, with a flourish. TaDa! Big whoop! :rolleyes:

This is different. You booked another because of the price increase? many have been suggesting that they won't book any because of the increase.

Well, we booked it now so we won't have to pay for the increase. Otherwise, we would only have booked the one night and then booked another onboard if we liked it. This way, we'll just move the booking to Murano if we don't want to do Qsine again.

Well, based on your recommendations, I went to my reservation and booked Qsine for the second night (1st sea day). Low and behold, the only times available were 6pm, 9, 9:30 and 10pm. We opted for 6pm and will check in once on board to see if we can make it a little later.

I'd love some feedback on the other restaurants. We are in AQ, so will be dining in Blu and don't want to spend the extra $70 if it isn't something really special. Thanks!

Well, based on your recommendations, I went to my reservation and booked Qsine for the second night (1st sea day). Low and behold, the only times available were 6pm, 9, 9:30 and 10pm. We opted for 6pm and will check in once on board to see if we can make it a little later.

I'd love some feedback on the other restaurants. We are in AQ, so will be dining in Blu and don't want to spend the extra $70 if it isn't something really special. Thanks!

Lori, normally I never eat at 6:00pm....with one exception. Keep your

reservation. From first hand experience, Qsine takes a long time. And

there is ALOT of food....I ate there on Eclipse with 3 other people

and we had an 8:30 reservation and we were in the restaurant till

about 11:15-30. I made myself a promise and said the next time I eat

there it will be much earlier. I would not book anything after 7:00pm.

It was terrific:) and it might sound like I am exagerrating but I am

not...its a long evening.

Thanks Lois,

Once again you have come through for me. I definitely will keep it at 6pm. What a great tip! If you ever have any RCI questions, I'd be happy to return the favor.

I followed the link for LSimon's menus (thank you!) and the Tuscan Grille menu is more to our tastes. Now I just have to decide whether I want to spend $70 for a second specialty restaurant or just stick with Blu for the rest of the vacation.

That might be a formal night - usually the second night of the cruise.

Anyone know which are the formal nights on the 7 night Caribbean (Eclipse). I prebooked Qsine for 3rd night and Tuscan for last night, so hopefully I picked the right evenings. We don't want to miss formal nights in Blu.

I am also with Orator on this one, but I am going to try give Qsine a second chance on our upcoming cruise. The presentation is different but we felt as a result the quality had been sacrificed and was so so. Also the waiters would not listen when we asked that they only brought out two items at a time and absolutely swamped us including with items we had not ordered because of food allergies

So for us it was quantity and looks over quality but given how much everyone else raves about it, we are going to go again, this time as a 2 rather than as a 4, lets see what it is like then = I will report back

I also agree. Great fun the first couple of times, but too much food and not relaxed enough as a more regular venue for me. Last time on Eclipse the iPads weren't working and we were able to ask the waiter to limit the amounts that came out at a time, but there was still too much.

Phil

Anyone know which are the formal nights on the 7 night Caribbean (Eclipse). I prebooked Qsine for 3rd night and Tuscan for last night, so hopefully I picked the right evenings. We don't want to miss formal nights in Blu.

Hi Sandi. Formal nights are Sunday and Thursday.

We LOVE Qsine! I found the filet mignon some of the best on the ship.

qsine5.jpg

M's Selections. An assortment of mediterranean choices.

qsine.jpg

Sushi Lollipops:

qsine6.jpg

Mexican:

mexican.jpg

Decorate your own cupcakes.

cupcakes.jpg

Archived