LIVE from the Pacific Princess - 31 days from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale

Pia1913

Welcome aboard the Pacific Princess as we start our 31 day voyage from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale. As some of you know, we just got off a 28 day cruise from Rome to Singapore on the 12th; flew to Athens, and spent two nights at the Marriott. Some of the ports on this cruise will be the same as on the other; i.e. this one. When we were here a few weeks ago the weather was sunny and in the mid 70’s. Today it’s in the 50’s and overcast/drizzly. We are certainly keeping our fingers crossed for better weather in the upcoming days.

Meanwhile, a bit of info. Our Captain is Andrea Poggi, Staff Capt. Is Salvatore Caccioppoli, Hotel manager is Giacomo Manfredi and Maitre d’ is Bruno Bogazzi. The CD is Susan Rawlings and CC Hostess is Jennifer Carson.

Right now I am impatiently waiting for my second bag; first one arrived immediately. I hate when that happens. Makes me very anxious. :(

The Welcome Aboard show tonight, besides the usual singers and dancers, is featuring Al Brown. Didn’t I just leave him on the Ocean? We have early seating, so will probably peek in at the show at 8:15. Signing off for today.

Pia; WOW!! 59 days at sea. I'm envious :D Since we will be sailing the Med on the Pacific next year, I really want to know about the ship. Any posts you can make about the menus, internet, etc. are greatly appreciated. We are booked in a mini-suite on Deck 8 under the entrance to the Panorama Buffet. Curious if noise will be a concern. Calm seas and blue skies to you.

Just got off the Pacific in Athens this morning. The last two days from Alexandria to Athens were very rough - force 7 winds and real rock and roll all the way. Before that, 10 beautiful, rain free days in the Holy Land. We enjoyed all the ports, but Egypt is drowning in trash. For the most part, a great cruise!

Welcome aboard the Pacific Princess as we start our 31 day voyage from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale.

Pia

Thanks for taking and reporting on this cruise as we plan to take it next year. Love your lives and look forward to meeting you FTF in April on the Diamond.

John

Hi Pia. Good to see your "live" today. I will be following along. THANKS so much for letting us share your continuing journey! :) Hope that missing bag has made it to your cabin by now. Good luck on Most Traveled!:)

Bon Voyage and smooth seas again Pia as you head back home on the lovely Pacific Princess.

Sure beats flying all the way home:)

For those following the journey heres the itinerary.

Interesting to note some new ports on the way...

15pacificmap.jpg

Itinerary Date Port Arrive Depart

Tue 15/11/11 Piraeus (Athens) / Greece 19:00

Wed 16/11/11 Patmos / Greece 07:00 18:00

Thu 17/11/11 Santorin / Greece 07:00 18:00

Fri 18/11/11 Kusadasi / Turkey 08:00 17:00

Sat 19/11/11 At Sea

Sun 20/11/11 Haifa / Israel 07:00

Mon 21/11/11 Haifa / Israel 18:00

Tue 22/11/11 Port Said / Egypt 06:00 20:00

Wed 23/11/11 Alexandria / Egypt 10:00 20:00

Thu 24/11/11 At Sea

Fri 25/11/11 At Sea

Sat 26/11/11 Sorrento / Italy 07:00 17:00

Sun 27/11/11 Civitavecchia (Rome) / Italy 05:00 18:00

Mon 28/11/11 Livorno / Italy 07:00 19:00

Tue 29/11/11 Genoa / Italy 07:00 19:00

Wed 30/11/11 Nice / France 07:00 16:00

Thu 01/12/11 Barcelona / Spain 10:00 22:00

Fri 02/12/11 At Sea

Sat 03/12/11 Motril / Spain 07:00 19:00

Sun 04/12/11 Gibraltar / Gibraltar 08:00 17:00

Mon 05/12/11 Casablanca / Morocco 07:00 19:00

Tue 06/12/11 At Sea

Wed 07/12/11 Funchal (Madeira) / Portugal 07:00 14:00

Thu 08/12/11 At Sea

Fri 09/12/11 At Sea

Sat 10/12/11 At Sea

Sun 11/12/11 At Sea

Mon 12/12/11 At Sea

Tue 13/12/11 Hamilton / Bermuda Islands 09:00 17:00

Wed 14/12/11 At Sea

Thu 15/12/11 At Sea

Fri 16/12/11 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) / USA 07:00

Pacific Princess in Piraeus .

Must have just arrived as all the busses are lined up and waiting

15pacificathens.jpg

Welcome aboard the Pacific Princess as we start our 31 day voyage from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale. Signing off for today.

Hi Pia,

I found the LIVE just as you said where it would be.

We have signed up for late dining and will want to know where else can you eat dinner or grab a simple bite of food if you choose not to always do a sit down dinner. Looking forward to following your play by play until we meet up on the 27th in Civitavecchia.:)

Welcome aboard the Pacific Princess as we start our 31 day voyage from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale. As some of you know, we just got off a 28 day cruise from Rome to Singapore on the 12th; flew to Athens, and spent two nights at the Marriott. Some of the ports on this cruise will be the same as on the other; i.e. this one. When we were here a few weeks ago the weather was sunny and in the mid 70’s. Today it’s in the 50’s and overcast/drizzly. We are certainly keeping our fingers crossed for better weather in the upcoming days.

Meanwhile, a bit of info. Our Captain is Andrea Poggi, Staff Capt. Is Salvatore Caccioppoli, Hotel manager is Giacomo Manfredi and Maitre d’ is Bruno Bogazzi. The CD is Susan Rawlings and CC Hostess is Jennifer Carson.

Right now I am impatiently waiting for my second bag; first one arrived immediately. I hate when that happens. Makes me very anxious. :(

The Welcome Aboard show tonight, besides the usual singers and dancers, is featuring Al Brown. Didn’t I just leave him on the Ocean? We have early seating, so will probably peek in at the show at 8:15. Signing off for today.

Pia..........i don't know if you are interested in music or dancing but i can tell you that you have the greatest duo on the seas on your ship..........we have sailed princess 49 times and would love to spend a couple of nites on board with u to dance with Pete and Trevor , Pete Nilson duo...........they will be in one of the dance lounges, have not done the new Pacific so am not familar with the layout........but in your long voyage if u happen to stop in , please give them a big hug from Barbara and Kelvin............u will get very big smiles, we love them both dearly but don't do the extended cruises and long flights so have not seen them for some time but stay in contact.............have a fantabulous cruise~~

Oh my Pia, I haven't caught up on my laundry from the last cruise. Oh wait, I'll just bag it and hand it to my Stateroom Steward. Whoops, forgot I have to actually be aboard for that. :o Thanks for allowing us to continue your journey with you.

Great Map David! :D

Just got off the Pacific in Athens this morning. The last two days from Alexandria to Athens were very rough - force 7 winds and real rock and roll all the way. Before that, 10 beautiful, rain free days in the Holy Land. We enjoyed all the ports, but Egypt is drowning in trash. For the most part, a great cruise!

What can you tell us about the ship? Dining, rooms, etc? Also, did you do ship itineraries in Egypt or private tours? How did they go?

What can you tell us about the ship? Dining, rooms, etc? Also, did you do ship itineraries in Egypt or private tours? How did they go?

There is only one diining room, the Club Restaurant on deck 5. So there is no Anytime Dining, just Traditional.

Bon Voyage and smooth seas again Pia as you head back home on the lovely Pacific Princess.

Sure beats flying all the way home:)

For those following the journey heres the itinerary.

Interesting to note some new ports on the way...

15pacificmap.jpg

Kiwi - sorry to go off topic, but how do you generate those maps with the port stops?

Hi Pia,

You made it safe and sound, hope your second piece of luggage showed up in a timely manner.

How is the ship? Is Frankie there???

Anyway I will be following you for the next week until we leave for Rome, and on the 27th we will join you on the Pacific! Thanks for taking the time to do this live once again. See you soon, have smooth seas.

Hi Pia,

You made it safe and sound, hope your second piece of luggage showed up in a timely manner.

How is the ship? Is Frankie there???

Anyway I will be following you for the next week until we leave for Rome, and on the 27th we will join you on the Pacific! Thanks for taking the time to do this live once again. See you soon, have smooth seas.

The biggest difference is the lounge on deck 10 at the front of the ship. On the Pacific Princess, it is the Pacific Lounge. On the Ocean Princess it is the Tahitian Lounge.

It’s Wednesday and we’re in Patmos, Greece. Sort of. We are actually anchored and will need to tender ashore when we do decide to go. Really rough night at sea; lots of rockin’ and rollin’, but eventually calmed down. Patmos is a tiny island, only 13 square miles, and one that is new to us. This is basically a religious area with the main attractions being the Grotto of Revelation and the Monastery of St. John. These are the only Princess offerings and we intend to just walk around on our own.

For those who stay on board there is nothing happening in the morning and only the movie “The Tourist” in the afternoon. This movie will also be shown again at 8:00 PM. Showtime tonight will be the production show “Bonsoir Paris.”

Our “lost” suitcase finally arrived last night just before dinner and since I had made myself crazy thinking it would never appear, really made me have very little appetite and definitely no desire to see a show. In fact, getting chilled in Athens and running up and down stairs searching every floor and looking at every piece of luggage, had given me a headache; also some sniffles which I hope will disappear quickly. We also left port quite late due to the fact that there was a problem at Heathrow, delaying quite a number of passengers. The Capt. made the announcement during dinner, but didn’t say how many were involved in the delay. I’m sure it’ was a considerable amount.

The sun looks like it’s trying to come out, we’ve been to the gym, so I’ll go have some breakfast and check in with you later.

Thank you Paul for jumping in to answer the questions. To Linda: other dining would be Panorama buffet on shore days or Bistro on sea days.

Amelia: No Frankie

Archived