LIVE from the Pacific Princess - 31 days from Athens to Ft. Lauderdale

Pia1913

PIA

Was on P.P when it was TP was wondering if you can see table 35 is located by the window and is it still set up for 2 ,booked on P.P in 2012 and wanting same table in rest

thanx so very much my email ualemp8966@aol.com

Tahitian Princess became Ocean Princess, but the table set ups are identical, so should be the same.

I'll save some minutes for Pia here as we just got off the Ocean which is a sister ship (and have been on Pacific as well) - there are two 'American' and two round (UK?) plugs on the area above the desk in the balcony rooms. Not sure about location, but number should be the same in other interior/ov cabins. Suites will have more.

There are also some accessible plugs in the Tahitian/Pacific Lounge area - at least some of which are the round kind, as I saw a lady using one.

Thanks, Donna. My concern is my handicapped son can only use an electric razor and need to know if there is a U.S. style plug in the bathroom.

Didn’t have a chance to post this AM and not going to do much now. We are exhausted, having been gone for more than 12 hours. And tomorrow we get to do it again. I will give a full Israel report asap. Meanwhile, I have been getter sicker by the hour; really worse today and started antibiotics this morning. I just had some wine, mashed potatoes and a cup of tea and going to shower and go to bed.

Jerusalem is a looooooooooooong way from Haifa.

Hi Pia - just want to add my get-better-quick wishes. And congrats on being #1!

Carolyn - re Patmos - it's easy to take a public bus up to the monastery of St John, have a walk around Chora village, and walk back down...a good hike. We've done it twice.

Cheers - Dee

Hi Pia - just want to add my get-better-quick wishes. And congrats on being #1!

Carolyn - re Patmos - it's easy to take a public bus up to the monastery of St John, have a walk around Chora village, and walk back down...a good hike. We've done it twice.

Cheers - Dee

Pia - Hope the antibiotics knock out your bug. Get well soon!

Dee - John knows about the bus, but that does not burn enough calories for him. He is in charge of Patmos. At least I won't have to go crazy going around and around that tiny walking track on the PP to keep up our exercise program!

Welcome to Israel narrative, which may be very lengthy. Sunday 11/20: We collected our passports very early, along with the landing cards. The cards were stamped and we were told to keep them in the passports at all times. We must carry both while we are off the ship and they would be collected again (both) after we boarded again on the 21st. Israel does not stamp U.S. passports, because if they do, you will not be allowed to enter an Arab country while this passport is in existence. Egypt and Jordan would be OK; the others not.

We met our tour driver/guide and our 15 passenger mini bus approx. 8:15. Boy, did we get lucky. I’m not sure how Caryn (SS Beagle) found him, but this guy knows everything. He was born, raised and educated in New Jersey, so no accent to contend with. (Unless it’s the one from NJ). He has been a tour guide since 1983; 24 years in Israel. Sandy, talked non stop for 12 hours; even during our short lunch stop. Amazing. Intelligent, personable, knowledgeable, funny; we got it all. This guy is versed in history, geography, theology, politics, current events, zoology, biology, etc. etc. etc.

Our tour started with a very long ride to Jerusalem; 2 ½ hours, with Sandy being very aware of necessary pit stops for our group of 11. Having been here for 3 weeks in 1990, this tour was both old and new for us. Some things have changed; others not. Anyhow, first stop was Yad Vashem and the children’s memorial. Also the Holocaust museum in which we were thoroughly guided; Sandy speaking and we wearing earphones. Wonderful, because without them you would hear and know nothing. Crowds everywhere, though not as bad as I anticipated. Probably too late in the season. Though the day started out nice and sunny, it did turn cold in late afternoon.

We visited the Mt. of Olives and had photo stops at many different areas and lookouts. Some were Via Dolorosa, Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Holy Sepulchre. We visited the Wailing Wall where some of us placed some notes into the cracks. Our guide showed us so many off the beaten track places and with the 2 hour return, we didn’t get back to the ship until almost 9:00 PM

Today; Haifa day two. Another early start; on the bus at 8:00 for our scheduled tour to Safed and the Sea of Galilee. This was not to be. We traveled for about 1 ½ hours and were 20 minutes away, when we ended up in a huge traffic jam. We could see the signal at the corner, but nothing was happening. Sandy made a phone call and found out that a truck had overturned and was blocking the whole road. Fortunately he was able to make a somewhat illegal U and off we went to Acre (also written as Akko). By the time we were a few miles down the road, the oncoming stalled traffic line was getting longer and longer.

Acre: very interesting city; an ancient Crusader port dating back 4000 years. The old city of Akko is a UNESCO World Heritage site where we found walls and fortresses, churches, synagogues and mosques. We also visited the market/bazaar from which interesting smells emanated. Some of us made purchases of Halvah and a drink of orange and pomegranate juice. This juice was squeezed fresh while we watched. After a lunch stop we visited the slopes of Mt. Carmel and viewed the Bahai Shrine and Gardens which is absolutely magnificent.

Sorry if I’ve forgotten something; you’ll just have to come here and see for yourself. I can highly recommend this tour guide, so for future reference it’s Sandy Kuttler and he can be reached at Israelwithsandy dot com. Sandy does Jewish tours, Christian tours as well as what we had; Judeo/Christian tours.

Thanks everyone for your wishes. I think my med overload is working. We don't know whether Pt Said has been cancelled yet, but with me getting sick we had already cancelled our Egypt tour. Besides which, for us it would have been a total repeat.

Wine time. :)

We never made it to the Sea of Galilee today because a truck had overturned and blocked the road. Since we didn't want to waste time sitting in traffic waiting for it to clear we went to Acco (Acre) instead and walked all around the town and the walls of the city. We went back to Haifa afterwards and got to see a lot of it also. Pia will post more later. We will be sailing shortly for Port Said.

Welcome to Israel narrative, which may be very lengthy. Sunday 11/20: We collected our passports very early, along with the landing cards. The cards were stamped and we were told to keep them in the passports at all times. We must carry both while we are off the ship and they would be collected again (both) after we boarded again on the 21st. Israel does not stamp U.S. passports, because if they do, you will not be allowed to enter an Arab country while this passport is in existence. Egypt and Jordan would be OK; the others not.

We met our tour driver/guide and our 15 passenger mini bus approx. 8:15. Boy, did we get lucky. I’m not sure how Caryn (SS Beagle) found him, but this guy knows everything. He was born, raised and educated in New Jersey, so no accent to contend with. (Unless it’s the one from NJ). He has been a tour guide since 1983; 24 years in Israel. Sandy, talked non stop for 12 hours; even during our short lunch stop. Amazing. Intelligent, personable, knowledgeable, funny; we got it all. This guy is versed in history, geography, theology, politics, current events, zoology, biology, etc. etc. etc.

Our tour started with a very long ride to Jerusalem; 2 ½ hours, with Sandy being very aware of necessary pit stops for our group of 11. Having been here for 3 weeks in 1990, this tour was both old and new for us. Some things have changed; others not. Anyhow, first stop was Yad Vashem and the children’s memorial. Also the Holocaust museum in which we were thoroughly guided; Sandy speaking and we wearing earphones. Wonderful, because without them you would hear and know nothing. Crowds everywhere, though not as bad as I anticipated. Probably too late in the season. Though the day started out nice and sunny, it did turn cold in late afternoon.

We visited the Mt. of Olives and had photo stops at many different areas and lookouts. Some were Via Dolorosa, Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Holy Sepulchre. We visited the Wailing Wall where some of us placed some notes into the cracks. Our guide showed us so many off the beaten track places and with the 2 hour return, we didn’t get back to the ship until almost 9:00 PM

Today; Haifa day two. Another early start; on the bus at 8:00 for our scheduled tour to Safed and the Sea of Galilee. This was not to be. We traveled for about 1 ½ hours and were 20 minutes away, when we ended up in a huge traffic jam. We could see the signal at the corner, but nothing was happening. Sandy made a phone call and found out that a truck had overturned and was blocking the whole road. Fortunately he was able to make a somewhat illegal U and off we went to Acre (also written as Akko). By the time we were a few miles down the road, the oncoming stalled traffic line was getting longer and longer.

Acre: very interesting city; an ancient Crusader port dating back 4000 years. The old city of Akko is a UNESCO World Heritage site where we found walls and fortresses, churches, synagogues and mosques. We also visited the market/bazaar from which interesting smells emanated. Some of us made purchases of Halvah and a drink of orange and pomegranate juice. This juice was squeezed fresh while we watched. After a lunch stop we visited the slopes of Mt. Carmel and viewed the Bahai Shrine and Gardens which is absolutely magnificent.

Sorry if I’ve forgotten something; you’ll just have to come here and see for yourself. I can highly recommend this tour guide, so for future reference it’s Sandy Kuttler and he can be reached at Israelwithsandy dot com. Sandy does Jewish tours, Christian tours as well as what we had; Judeo/Christian tours.

Thanks everyone for your wishes. I think my med overload is working. We don't know whether Pt Said has been cancelled yet, but with me getting sick we had already cancelled our Egypt tour. Besides which, for us it would have been a total repeat.

Wine time. :)

Would love to visit these areas so in bedded in history of our world whether Jewish or Christian.It was a pity you didnot see Sea of Galilee but then you saw many more of those memorable places..

Thank you so much for yet again sharing your experience Pia........Heather:)

Pia: I hope you are on the mend, it sounds like the antibiotics are helping. Wine and antibiotics???

Caryn: your guide sounded wonderful and it was great that he had a "plan 2" and you were able to see more of Israel.

I am curious to find out about Egypt, the news reports don't look so good but hopefully things calm down.

Pia: I hope you are on the mend, it sounds like the antibiotics are helping. Wine and antibiotics???

Caryn: your guide sounded wonderful and it was great that he had a "plan 2" and you were able to see more of Israel.

I am curious to find out about Egypt, the news reports don't look so good but hopefully things calm down.

I'm curious to see how it is on the ground. I be in Egypt for Christmas.

Archived