If you could be hired by HAL to do any job on board, what would it be?

maxout

Permanent guest ...... a cabin assigned for DH and my use to come and go at will. :)

I would not wish to work on a cruise ship.

I much prefer to be a guest. :)

I know you are asking a serious question and as much as I love the ships and sailing, I would never want that to be my work. I'm not well suited to it.

If I were still working, I would choose to be an entertainer in the cast or the lead singer of the HALCats. Entertainers only work 5 hours per day onboard, get to eat with guests or the PG and get lots of time to explore new places. Yep, that's for me.

Permanent guest ...... a cabin assigned for DH and my use to come and go at will. :)

I would not wish to work on a cruise ship.

I much prefer to be a guest. :)

I know you are asking a serious question and as much as I love the ships and sailing, I would never want that to be my work. I'm not well suited to it.

Oh, wait---I want to change my vote to sail7seas idea!!! Great answer! We were both typing together.

I could be like a "MYSTERY SHOPPER" only I would be a "MYSTERY CRUISER"!

Oh, wait---I want to change my vote to sail7seas idea!!! Great answer! We were both typing together.

I could be like a "MYSTERY SHOPPER" only I would be a "MYSTERY CRUISER"!

Why work if we can play.?!!@@!!! :D

I've said it before, and I'll say it again......I'd wish to be the pool chair policeman.

I'll put the clock on anyone saving a seat and confiscate thier sandals, books, magazines, etc. after 30 minutes of non-use. Carnival just announced such an opening. I'd prefer to work summers in Alaska, fall in the northeast, winter in the southwest, and spring on Hawaiian cruises. I want to work from 10 - 5, and have an hour lunch break and two 30 minute breaks (morning and afternoon).

David

For me, give the "behind the scenes tours" and hold an Engineering and/or Command position.

I thought about Beverage Manager but I might get fired for embezzling :D

MDR hostess. Seems easy and I'd meet lots of the passengers.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again......I'd wish to be the pool chair policeman.

I'll put the clock on anyone saving a seat and confiscate thier sandals, books, magazines, etc. after 30 minutes of non-use. Carnival just announced such an opening. I'd prefer to work summers in Alaska, fall in the northeast, winter in the southwest, and spring on Hawaiian cruises. I want to work from 10 - 5, and have an hour lunch break and two 30 minute breaks (morning and afternoon).

David

Funny :D What would you like your uniform to look like? Would you go incognito so that you could blend in and pounce at any moment?:cool:

You will need to assign an assistant to cover you on your breaks. Maybe we could drum up some volunteers here on CC?;)

Maybe a guest lecturer? Get to spend a couple hours a day chatting with passengers, the rest of the time is my own.

Only need a balcony cabin, not a suite.

Trouble is, I know a LOT of trivia. Am an expert at nothing. :rolleyes:

Oh let me see can anyone guess what I would be? :D I have wanted to do this postion for about 8 years now and trust me someday I will. I want to be a Future Cruise Consultant. In the early years posting on the HAL Board I would joke that some day it would be Copper as Security, Rev Neal as Full time Chaplain and me as Future Cruise Consultant on the same ship. As you can tell some of us are already living our dream ;) Who knows we could make that happen some day :)

Lisa - I've often thought I might like to be an FCC, too. But that position still requires a LOT of hours! And split shifts. :(

Besides, I don't know anything about it, have no experience in the travel industry. I just want to see more of this world. My Nana was a TA, but she died in 1989, when it was still a very glamourous, lucrative business. She got into it for the bennies & found she enjoyed it. She inspired my love of travel. :)

For me, give the "behind the scenes tours" and hold an Engineering and/or Command position.

I thought about Beverage Manager but I might get fired for embezzling :D

I'd love to be the Official Mobility Excursion tester for every HAL Excursion!! For those especially that say that the mobility impaired can do the tours!!!

Having been on several that swear they are equipped to handle those of us with mobility problems, from canes to walkers, electric scooters and wheelchairs, electric and non.... FAR TO MANY are NOT ACCESSIBLE at all or are so difficult that ........

Anyway that would be my dream job aboard every ship, every cruise, every itinerary:)

Joanie

Librarian........paid to live on a ship and be surrounded by books....my idea of bliss!!

That's the job for me too! Especially on a HAL ship where the libraries are relatively large and well-used, in an area of prime real estate, with a clientele generally interested and respectful of the space and intent.

As I read my comments, they sound a little stuffy/snooty, which is not my intent. I promise I wouldn't wander around with my hair in a bun ready to pounce on anyone who dared speak above a whisper!

Archived