Calling all Diamond Plus members! Tell me what your favorite diamond plus perk is!

Lots of great perks, but the CL every night and the opportunity to share drinks, hors d'ouevres and meet great people.

Oasis is even better with a nice breakfast and lunch in the CL.

Free internet and balcony discounts are also great!

Do you need to be Diamond Plus to use the CL? Can you be Diamond?

Can you be Diamond and use the Diamond Lounge... Do most ship have a DL and do you get cocktails there?

Not far from Diamond :) ...way far from Diamond plus... :(

Do you need to be Diamond Plus to use the CL? Can you be Diamond?

The Concierge Lounge is available to suite guests and Crown & Anchor members who are Diamond Plus or Pinnacle Club. Diamond isn't high enough.

Can you be Diamond and use the Diamond Lounge... Do most ship have a DL and do you get cocktails there?

Yes, you can use the Diamond Lounge if your ship has one. Alternatively, there is a nightly Diamond Event in one of the lounges offering complimentary beverages (wines and some others... not sure about cocktails).

Meeting other well travelled people in the CL.

Yes, absolutely, I agree, that is a huge plus, as you do meet some great folks there..

You don't have to go into the CL to meet well travelled people, or great folks. I am very well travelled and only have 3 C&A points. :(

Congrats on becoming D+!!!!

I'm 26 and I currently have 29 points.

D+ starts at 175, so I'm 146 cruise points away from D+.

Since I live in Canada I can only do one cruise a year. Assuming I do one 7 night cruise a year, that'll be 21 more years until I reach D+, or I'll be 47 years old . When I consider airfare, and cruise cost, one single cruise will set me back $5,000. So in order to get to D+ I'll need to spend $105,000.00 on cruises...... All to get buy one get one free drinks, free laundry and 40 minutes of free internet? Hmmmmmm, something to think about.

Living in Canada is not the restriction to cruising ;) :D Don't add up the costs, add up the experiences:)

Have not heard that D+ can use chops or portofino for breakfast or lunch. Really hope so but would like to know for sure. We use the spec restaurants when in a suite, (breakfast and lunch) but did not know it included D+.

I thought it was suite guests only as well, not D+

Congrats on becoming D+!!!!

I'm 26 and I currently have 29 points.

D+ starts at 175, so I'm 146 cruise points away from D+.

Since I live in Canada I can only do one cruise a year. Assuming I do one 7 night cruise a year, that'll be 21 more years until I reach D+, or I'll be 47 years old . When I consider airfare, and cruise cost, one single cruise will set me back $5,000. So in order to get to D+ I'll need to spend $105,000.00 on cruises...... All to get buy one get one free drinks, free laundry and 40 minutes of free internet? Hmmmmmm, something to think about.

now do your calculations and see what the cost factor is for a couple to reach the Pinnacle level. :rolleyes:

Have not heard that D+ can use chops or portofino for breakfast or lunch. Really hope so but would like to know for sure. We use the spec restaurants when in a suite, (breakfast and lunch) but did not know it included D+.

The sign in front of Chops/Portofino says gold colored sea pass cards. At this time, I believe gold clored cards are issued to suite and pinnacle club members only.

Don't think about the cost. You should take a wonderful vacaiton once a year anyways! And you can always do what my dh did - marry a D+. His first cruise he was just a newbie so they wouldn't extend any of my D+ benefits to him but his 2nd cruise he went right to D+ with me. (Personally, I think they should have made him work a little harder for it....)

Kathy

Have not heard that D+ can use chops or portofino for breakfast or lunch.

When I was on the Freedom of the Seas in March, the sign outside Chops Grille welcomed in people during breakfast (and I suppose lunch, but I don't think I ate in there then) who were Platinum or higher. It was always pretty empty when I went.

Meeting other well travelled people in the CL.

That may be the best perk either D+ or just D.

From all my D+ friends, especially on a longer trip, the perk is the free Laundry.

I wonder if they serve a better wine to D+, that stuff they call wine, Le Terra, in the reds IMHO is not drinkable heck even my lady who will drink any red will not drink it. Walmart lucky duck is better LOL

Personally, I think that there are certain intangible perks associated with D+. They are not written or happen regularly, they just happen. There have been situations described on these boards of difficulties cruisers have had, but when the same situation happened to me, the outcome was totally different. I cannot help but wonder if C&A status had something to do with that.

The Diamond Lounge or The Concerige Lounge has to be the best. It is so great to meet other people that you would not oridinarly meet. The 1st night Buy o.ne get one is great too. We always go to Portifinos, reserved seating at the shows is a nice perk too. Donna:)

Thanks for all of your replies! I wasn't aware of the buy one get one in a specialty restaurant the first night. I just booked a 4 night on the Monarch for next week, will reach D+ for our Sept. 30th cruise on the Freedom. Can you make reservations before you get on board or do you have to do it after?

Also, we love the diamond lounge on the Freedom class and higher...I am wondering what the difference is between that and the CL?

Also, I see we get to pick a nice bottle of wine for either our cabin or the dining room...do each of us get that if we are both D+? Meaning 2 bottles?

Thanks for all of your replies! I wasn't aware of the buy one get one in a specialty restaurant the first night. I just booked a 4 night on the Monarch for next week, will reach D+ for our Sept. 30th cruise on the Freedom. Can you make reservations before you get on board or do you have to do it after?

Also, we love the diamond lounge on the Freedom class and higher...I am wondering what the difference is between that and the CL?

Also, I see we get to pick a nice bottle of wine for either our cabin or the dining room...do each of us get that if we are both D+? Meaning 2 bottles?

Unfortunately only one bottle per cabin. I don't know how they would handle it if two unrelated D+ were sharing the cabin, though. You do get to choose a single serving wine bottle for your welcome basket and there will be two bottles in that.

You can reserve on line for the first night but I think they will charge you for two and then "adjust" it when you go to dinner. However, I have heard some people have had problems with the right hand catching up with the left hand and had to make a trip to the front desk to get it sorted out.

We've never had a problem getting into the restaurants on the first night if we go up and make a reservation as soon as we board. On some of the ships the restaurants are very near the WJ so it is hardly out of the way.

Tucker in Texas

Well I for one am grateful for all of the perks...and I have loved being diamond and cannot wait for diamond plus. It truly does keep me loyal to royal. I used to love carnival but I am vip with them and hardly get anything for it!

I agree with you, luckywoman. I'll make d+ later this year. I have enjoyed this thread and look forward to the perks.

hi i am a diamond memeber now and cruising in oct.

i do not think the perks sound all that great. i prefer shipboard credit to get what i choose to use it on

just my preference

Free drinks every night on a 14 night transatlantic cruise was fantastic. You'd never get an onboard credit to equal that.

Archived