Exes and C&A status

I am recently divorced :D and I emailed C&A requesting my ex be delinked from account. He was gold, I am diamond. The email I received back stated that he was not linked to me anymore however he gets to keep my diamond status even though he has only has 39 points. :eek: Is this true?? How can that be?

I am recently divorced :D and I emailed C&A requesting my ex be delinked from account. He was gold, I am diamond. The email I received back stated that he was not linked to me anymore however he gets to keep my diamond status even though he has only has 39 points. :eek: Is this true?? How can that be?

Even if it is true... why does this matter to you? It seems rather petty to be worrying about if he gets to keep his diamond status or not.

Even if it is true... why does this matter to you? It seems rather petty to be worrying about if he gets to keep his diamond status or not.

Who are you to tell her not to be petty?

If she wants to be petty, I say "go ahead; you are entitled to your feelings!"

Heck, yes. I could be petty over a lot less than this with an ex - just ask him (my ex that is).

If you were Diamond with C & A while you were married then he was Diamond too. Royal Caribbean doesn't downgrade people. This is out of your control. Best to let it go, who cares about him anyway.

My advice? Book another cruise!!!

he has his own crown and anchor number. He is not linked to anyone

I had no idea spouses got the same c&a status. Has it always been this way? At some point in the past my husband was gold while I was platinum. At that time we would get two different coupon books on board.....one gold one platinum.

I had no idea spouses got the same c&a status. Has it always been this way? At some point in the past my husband was gold while I was platinum. At that time we would get two different coupon books on board.....one gold one platinum.

You were probably listed as 2 separate accounts - once he is linked to yours - he gets the same status

Your spouse should be the same level as you are, whichever one is higher. Call them up and make sure he's linked as your spouse.

If he isn't linked to your account, what difference does it make? None. I'm sure if it was the other way around you'd be jumping for joy that you got a better ranking.

You were together, you aren't together now. Some things happened. Focus on you and being the best person you can be. Don't worry about people you can't control, like ex-husbands.

Who are you to tell her not to be petty about someone being petty? :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, this is the RCI cruise board not the Carnival board or a Dr Phil show.

Well, that sure did backfire.:eek::eek:

Actually, I wasn't being petty. I was just shocked that he got to keep it. Since RCI CS gives out wrong info, I posed the question here. In hind sight I should have known I would get accused of things. Silly me figured the status police would freak over hearing that he gets perks that he technically didn't earn. After all, people get their panties in a bunch over sharing coupons, non diamonds in the DL.

And as far as if the situation was reversed, honestly I wouldn't expect to keep his status because I didn't earn it.

Hope you are never on a cruise with him because he is the "I'm diamond and I'm special" type. Tosses it around like he is the president or something.

Oh well! Have a nice day. I know I will.

Thanks for letting us know Dawn. I really had never thought about it but it really doesn't sound fair to me either! DH and I normally sail together (I have a few more). My kids, when they get married, will be the ones that will have this very issue.

Having been single and cruising solo for so long, I wasn't even aware of the status match until I joined CC recently, which was after my most recent cruise. That was my fiancé's first cruise. Once he was enrolled in C&A with his 3 points and gold status, I contacted them and asked them to link him to my account. They did. He not only got my Platinum status, but they gave him as many points as I had. (That part surprised me. I thought he'd be a 3-point Platinum.)

I joked with him that I have enough time before our wedding in July to start dating a Pinnacle member, get his Pinnacle status, break up with him, get back together with my fiancé, and then give him my Pinnacle status. We both giggled about that, but of course neither of us would ever do it. However, I believe even if somebody did that, it would not be a violation of Royal Caribbean's terms. I could be mistaken, and I won't be doing that anyway so it's a moot point. But it gave us a good chuckle.

To the OP: I wish you the best in your fresh start. And if you'd like to meet somebody again in the future, my wish for you is that he's Pinnacle! ;-)

Edited to add:

Oh, wait, is Pinnacle excluded from the status match? Okay, I'd want to meet a guy who is D+ with 699 points, and continue with the above scenario, earning Pinnacle on my own. ;-)

Actually, I wasn't being petty. I was just shocked that he got to keep it. Since RCI CS gives out wrong info, I posed the question here. In hind sight I should have known I would get accused of things. Silly me figured the status police would freak over hearing that he gets perks that he technically didn't earn. After all, people get their panties in a bunch over sharing coupons, non diamonds in the DL.

And as far as if the situation was reversed, honestly I wouldn't expect to keep his status because I didn't earn it.

Hope you are never on a cruise with him because he is the "I'm diamond and I'm special" type. Tosses it around like he is the president or something.

Oh well! Have a nice day. I know I will.

I don't feel you were being petty either. Sometimes its just the principle of things. And that poster who said you were petty is pretty much a 'Negative Nancy'...always so negative about many issues on this site and such the great authority on everything.

Let it go...try to forget him...and book another cruise. BTW...you have a great day!

I am a lowly Platinum. Is there some sweet, kind, generous D+ that will link me to their account.... PLEASE :D. lmao (And before someone dishes me, I am kidding!)

BTW- to the OP... go ahead and be petty! Divorce is not fun or easy and sometimes the little things are what makes you feel better!!!! Best of luck in your new adventure. ;)

When my divorce was final, I called C&A and asked them to unlink him from my account. My boys and I have done several cruises without him but he got the benefit of the most recent 14 points so he is currently holding at 69 points. I will be sailing in March for another 7, then hoping for a 4 nighter in November to hit diamond. He will not get that status change, but my boys will.

It may sound petty, but unless you've lived through an unpleasant divorce, you don't realize how the little things add up for one spouse or the other. When you live through hours of petty arguments with lawyers over things like who should have the computer and why he shouldn't be entitled to take all of the knives in the kitchen, you really have no more patience for letting someone get something for nothing.

It may sound petty, but unless you've lived through an unpleasant divorce, you don't realize how the little things add up for one spouse or the other. When you live through hours of petty arguments with lawyers over things like who should have the computer and why he shouldn't be entitled to take all of the knives in the kitchen, you really have no more patience for letting someone get something for nothing.

The same can be said for the other side. Every day we live with my husbands bitter ex-wife who is so petty and vindictive and does everything she possibly can to try and keep him from having anything in his life or any happiness. She would be the one to complain that he had some status that had no affect on her financials or her or the children's lives just to be disruptive and take some personal pleasure out of trying to hurt the man that left her and "ruined" her life because he left an abusive relationship. It infuriates her that the children love him and won't hate him like she does... they have even been grounded for wanting to spend time with him or doing something fun with us. You'd think after 5 years and her re-marrying she'd be past that stage. :)

Thankfully I have never had this with my ex's. In fact we went out of our way to make sure the other had everything they needed and argued over who had to take the new tv and VCR, lol. We're still friends to this day for that reason.

Archived