The Upgrade Fairy loves me big time

RandyinDEN

We booked the Oosterdam Alaska cruise for June 2, 2013 2 weeks ago to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I surprised my wife with this bucket list item, and got huge brownie points in return. I had booked a D window view cabin for $650 per person with $50 obc person. Today I got the email upgrade offer and moved to the aft facing VA cabin for $99 per person upgrade.

We are very happy.

We booked the Oosterdam Alaska cruise for June 2, 2013 2 weeks ago to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I surprised my wife with this bucket list item, and got huge brownie points in return. I had booked a D window view cabin for $650 per person with $50 obc person. Today I got the email upgrade offer and moved to the aft facing VA cabin for $99 per person upgrade.

We are very happy.

Congrats. Enjoy your upsell to an aft facing cabin with balcony. Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise.:)

So next important item:

Does she know, or is this a Surprise? If surprise, how are you going to tell her?

:D

I told her last week when we had 4 weeks to plan and pack. She was crying at first because she always wanted to go to Alaska and then she started to cry because she only had 4 weeks to plan. I just talked to her about the upgrade and she started to cry again at work. They are good tears, not the bad kind.

I told her last week when we had 4 weeks to plan and pack. She was crying at first because she always wanted to go to Alaska and then she started to cry because she only had 4 weeks to plan. I just talked to her about the upgrade and she started to cry again at work. They are good tears, not the bad kind.

That's so sweet!

We are very happy.

I'm happy for you!

Yes, we booked directly with HAL and did mention it was our Anniversary. I think the upgrade email I got was a mass mailing, but not certain. Here it is in a nutshell:

Upgrade at a fraction of the regular cost!

Upgrade from category C-HH to SS-SZ for an additional $199pp US/CAD

Upgrade from category C-HH to VA-VH for an additional $99pp US/CAD

*Quads not available in SS-SZ

Contact 1-888-628-8107 between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time Monday through Friday

*By accepting this offer, guests who have purchased CPP/P are responsible for

any increase in the cost of the coverage in addition to the upgrade price

*Fares are per person based on double occupancy, singles are 200% of double

*PLUS offers will not qualify for the double cruise day credits under the HAL

LOYALTY PROGRAM **This offer is on a first come, first served basis**

Hope that answers your question.

We are on the same cruise. I got a call from our TA last night that she had a message from HAL that for $129.00pp they would upgrade us from an inside cabin to a balcony. She didn't know the location of the upgrade. It was too late for her to call HAL yesterday and she will call on Monday. Although your ocean view cabin was a better category than ours, we booked earlier than you did and paid more for our cabin. I have forward her this thread and have asked her to find out why we are paying more for the upgrade then you did.

Archived