New Captains Club Level

diligaf51

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Sitting at 20 with Celebrity now. We'll have 22 by December, and 24 in January...

Tom

It will be interesting. One big difference in accumulating points between Celebrity and Royal is the double points for a Concierge cabin. There is no such catergory on Royal, therefore it is easier to get to the magic 24 points on Celebrity.

It will be interesting. One big difference in accumulating points between Celebrity and Royal is the double points for a Concierge cabin. There is no such catergory on Royal, therefore it is easier to get to the magic 24 points on Celebrity.

I don't get it, it takes 10 points to be Elite, at this stage there is no advantage having more than that.

Does having 24 points or more, get you a level with RCI?

Yes there is, a Junior Suite gets you double points on RC even though it's not a full suite and doesn't get other suite privileges. Before the conversion a JS got you an extra point for a cruise, in the same way a Concierge cabin does on Celebrity.

Yes there is, a Junior Suite gets you double points on RC even though it's not a full suite and doesn't get other suite privileges. Before the conversion a JS got you an extra point for a cruise, in the same way a Concierge cabin does on Celebrity.

Agreed, both have double points awarded for their high end cabins.

So you think it would be to CCL's benefit to have Carnival's cruisers swamp the Princess or Cunard loyalty programs?

I don't think so. I like Carnival but at this time the higher level CCL brands want NO connection with their entry level corporate sibling.

Cruise lines ,as per this thread, are trying to pare down their high status members .

Adding Carnival members would multiply those with top status by a multiple factor.

Overnight you could have 3 ,4 or perhaps more times more members by adding reciprocal members.

It would be nuts!:eek:

I understand your point.

I was just making the observation that Carnival does not extend reciprocity as Royal does. Though I have suggested in the past it would be "nice". I couldn't see it being used too much going in the higher/lower direction though. But it might attract some of the Carnival faithful to stay within the flock rather than stray elsewhere if/when they do seek greener pastures (granted, the grass is always greener...) ;)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

"Those who know aren't speaking. Those who are speaking don't know."

It's still the case. We talked to the Miami boss last night... stay tuned but don't hold your breath.. November 32nd (!!!) is more likely than the date given above..;)

I don't get it, it takes 10 points to be Elite, at this stage there is no advantage having more than that.

Does having 24 points or more, get you a level with RCI?

Once you had 25 of the old cruise points with RCI you got Diamond Plus with a few more perks like access to the Concierge Lounge. That level is now obtained on RCI with 175 day points.

Likely X is going to add a level to their new Capt's Club program similar to RCI's Dia+ so IMO there will be an Elite Plus level.

It's still the case. We talked to the Miami boss last night... stay tuned but don't hold your breath.. November 32nd (!!!) is more likely than the date given above..;)

That would be December 2. Excellent, just need to know what year:rolleyes: ~ Rick

That would be December 2. Excellent, just need to know what year:rolleyes: ~ Rick

November 32, 2132.

How's that sound? ;)

Arno -- great to hear from you! We miss you, over on the Century roll-call thread. How are you and Joanne enjoying your voyage? Would anything you've heard so far lead you to believe that the proposed Captain's Club changes will be implemented in time for our February Century cruise(s)? :cool:

-- Suzanne

Edited by wwcruisers

Thanks for the information (?) Arno, though November 32nd doesnt bring much comfort LOL. I keep hearing about the possiblity of major changes to USA time zones, but I didnt know they were working on changing the calendar too !!! :)

Hope you and Joanne are having a wonderful time !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Arno:)....Nov 32nd? Maybe they meant Nov 22nd?

Who knows.....Personally, I have given up worrying about it or caring.

If something new is FINALLY offered? I will look and see it what it is

about...but as you said, I am NOT holding my breath:rolleyes:

Tell Joanne hi from me too:)

Edited by Lois R

A Junior Suite is the same size and price range as Celebrity's S cabins. A concierge size room is equivalent to Royal's D catergory which does not get you double points.

Edited by Oville

Once you had 25 of the old cruise points with RCI you got Diamond Plus with a few more perks like access to the Concierge Lounge. That level is now obtained on RCI with 175 day points.

Likely X is going to add a level to their new Capt's Club program similar to RCI's Dia+ so IMO there will be an Elite Plus level.

Thanks. Time will tell.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

While I know this will do nothing but add fuel to the already growing fire, I just got off the phone with my great Celebrity Vacation Planner. During the call I asked him weither or not all of the rumors were true about what was being talked about on the boards. His response was that there is stuff coming down the pipe and we would know by the end of the month. He also stated that you will not lose any of your current benefits (i.e. Elite Benefits will stay the same if you have them) but there is going to be another tier created but he couldn't tell me more than that as he did not have all the information yet.

Interestingly enough I have been trying to access my Captain's Club information for the past two days and it says that it can't get the info and to try again later...not sure if this is happening for anyone else but it could be a sign that they are making the changes in the system already. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens! :)

While I know this will do nothing but add fuel to the already growing fire, I just got off the phone with my great Celebrity Vacation Planner. During the call I asked him weither or not all of the rumors were true about what was being talked about on the boards. His response was that there is stuff coming down the pipe and we would know by the end of the month. He also stated that you will not lose any of your current benefits (i.e. Elite Benefits will stay the same if you have them) but there is going to be another tier created but he couldn't tell me more than that as he did not have all the information yet.

Interestingly enough I have been trying to access my Captain's Club information for the past two days and it says that it can't get the info and to try again later...not sure if this is happening for anyone else but it could be a sign that they are making the changes in the system already. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens! :)

You are exactly right, it is just adding fuel, but hey, everyone loves a bonfire.:D

Arno -- great to hear from you! We miss you, over on the Century roll-call thread. How are you and Joanne enjoying your voyage? Would anything you've heard so far lead you to believe that the proposed Captain's Club changes will be implemented in time for our February Century cruise(s)? :cool:

-- Suzanne

Great time, half way through our odyssey.. She refused to say but said changes will be greatly welcomed.... month, year all up in the air...

You're right... just noticed that as well.

Things that make you go hmmmmm! ;)

Tom

Hi Mike and Carol

Remember us from Tahiti?

That is still my favorite place in the world! :D

Hi Karen. Of course we remember you. How could we possibly forget. After all there is a photo of you on our review in your Aqua Safari helmet. That was a wonderful cruise, both port wise and people wise. Thanks for saying Hi.