Man Overboard? - Grand Princess

Donaldm

Typically if they aren't listing a person's name, its because they either don't know, or the family hasn't been notified. Once the family is notified (in any incident), then the media will release the name. Its so people don't find out via the news

3rd cruise: Carnival Legend, January 26th - February 2nd, 2014

This was on the news this morning. Our prayers go out to her family and friends.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507169/Coast-Guard-searches-woman-54-jumped-overboard-cruise-liner-near-Hawaii.html

thanks for the link.....it is so sad....prayers for all who love her and will forever ask themselves why...

I'm praying for God to comfort the family and loved ones of the (presumably) deceased woman, assuming that some of them are likely still on the ship. I'm sure that many of the other passengers need our prayers right now too.

Tim

Psalm 23:4

Edited by terrific_surprise

A sad situation to be sure...

The commentary to the article above is even sadder... :(

The comments,....why oh why did i even read them....on the CNN board are cruel, callous, myopic, moronic, mean....i could go on and on.

It is indeed sad that the internet is used as a tool to spread, what the comment writers think, is banter and humour. Freedom of speech is a right but to use it so maliciously ..just because you can....seems unjust and wrong...just my opinion.

The few sympathetic responses to this sad incident were flamed. A very tragic final action by this troubled passenger.

While it's sad for the family it was also a very selfish act. Some of those people have saved all their lives to be able to take this cruise and this person who decided to jump overboard has heavily impacted their trip of a lifetime.

Suicide is usually a pretty selfish act without regard to the havoc it causes in other people's lives. I would guess this person was probably traveling with other family who are now stuck on a cruise-from-hell.

This type of thing has to be hard on the captain and crew as well. The person who jumped has "solved" all of her problems but she has caused multiple and long-lasting problems for others.

I have much sympathy for all those who will be impacted by this act.

We have been on two Princess cruises where crew members have jumped...once on the Coral while entering Cartagena and once on the Emerald in the Caribbean on a sea day.

The entire ship knew in Cartagena because of the searching going on, but on the Emerald, it was less noticeable because the guy apparently jumped in the middle of the night and was not known to be missing until the next morning.

While it's sad for the family it was also a very selfish act. Some of those people have saved all their lives to be able to take this cruise and this person who decided to jump overboard has heavily impacted their trip of a lifetime.

Suicide is usually a pretty selfish act without regard to the havoc it causes in other people's lives. I would guess this person was probably traveling with other family who are now stuck on a cruise-from-hell.

This type of thing has to be hard on the captain and crew as well. The person who jumped has "solved" all of her problems but she has caused multiple and long-lasting problems for others.

I have much sympathy for all those who will be impacted by this act.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my KFOT using Forums mobile app

The comments,....why oh why did i even read them....on the CNN board are cruel, callous, myopic, moronic, mean....i could go on and on.

It is indeed sad that the internet is used as a tool to spread, what the comment writers think, is banter and humour. Freedom of speech is a right but to use it so maliciously ..just because you can....seems unjust and wrong...just my opinion.

The few sympathetic responses to this sad incident were flamed. A very tragic final action by this troubled passenger.

I wonder what those on AOL are writing, wait I mean, The Huffington Post who has hijacked AOL since purchasing them. The Huffington Post makes CNN look like angels. What vile people they have posting on AOL now.

Now more importantly, prayers go out to this very desperate woman's family and friends. I've personally have gone through this with my nephew's suicide and I deeply feel so for the family this woman left behind. Only time will lessen this dreadful pain they are now suffering.

I do not know if she was travelling with anyone. It is so sad.

This morning (November 14) the captain announced that the missing woman had still not been located. The Coast Guard's C-130 aircraft and a cargo ship are also searching for her. The Coast Guard has ordered the Grand Princess to continue searching today, but we might get permission to go on to Hawaii late in the afternoon or early evening. We will have been delayed for almost 30 hours.