Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe we were later refunded the $35 we paid to join the Captain's Club when they eliminated the fee altogether. Anyone else have that experience?

Your correct :)

I am also a Founding member too. Paid $25.00 to join. I sailed on the Zenith in 1992 and loved my first cruise with Celebrity. They can make me a Zenith member and I would skip right over Elite Plus.:D:D

We paid to join too. On the Horizon, great ship! Yes I vote for zenith too...

:)

I have to agree with you about having the corresponding points.

With all respect, I think it's crazy for someone to be made a Zenith JUST because they belonged to the original "Founders" club. Someone posted on this thread that they thought they should be elevated to Zenith because they paid $15 each to become founders in 1994, and have taken a total of four Celebrity cruises to date.

Why on earth would they think that would entitle them to the same benefits as someone who had 3000 points. The $15, or $25 or $35 means absolutely nothing in the face of the cost that is incurred to reach even Elite Plus, with 750 points.

I think we are joking of course! We would never expect to become zenith without earning it! Unless..... Would be a great Bingo prize Zenith for life!!!

Oh, I agree it may be wishful thinking for most, but I bet there are those who seriously think they deserve it. :confused: And they'll complain when it doesn't happen.

Totally agree and they are probably the same ones who have been complaining about it being to easy to become Elite now, even though they played under the same rules when they were changed.

I think a poster said at that time there were no verandas. and no cc class. no long cruises and no aqua class to earn extra points so there was no way to earn extra points back in 1992. I agree that you would get zenith but maybe something extra

I think a poster said at that time there were no verandas. and no cc class. no long cruises and no aqua class to earn extra points so there was no way to earn extra points back in 1992. I agree that you would get zenith but maybe something extra

But when things changed, they earned points under the new system they complain about. BTW, verandas don't get any extra points only concierge, aqua and suites.

Yes, there were verandas and at least ten day cruises. I joined the original Founder's Club after our 10 day cruise on the Summit in a balcony cabin.

I think they (posters suggesting Zenith) were just joking. From the responses to the suggestion I guess we need to be careful when trying to be funny.

And I do not recall getting a refund nor using an OBC, but I did not cruise much back then.

Edited by jagoffee

From reading the comments from the Founders members, I don't think any of them seriously thought they would automatically be Zenith. It was more wishful thinking.

But who knows, I may be wrong.

LOL! I don't expect to be automatically paced in Zenith level. I also wouldn't turn it down if it were offered. :D

We joined the Captain's Club in 1999 after our first cruise. We paid $35 to join. When membership no longer required payment, we received a coupon for $50 because we had paid to join the Captain's Club. This is quite clear in my memory. We now have 39 points so that will make us Elite Plus under the new system.

Yes, there were verandas and at least ten day cruises. I joined the original Founder's Club after our 10 day cruise on the Summit in a balcony cabin.

I think they (posters suggesting Zenith) were just joking. From the responses to the suggestion I guess we need to be careful when trying to be funny.

And I do not recall getting a refund nor using an OBC, but I did not cruise much back then.

If you are talking about the Summit, that is way after what the others were writing about. There were no veranda's until the Century and very few at that time. They really started adding a lot of veranda's when Galaxy and Mercury came out.

I joined in 1996 for $35 and do not remember recieving any voucher or OBC when they made membership free. What we did still get was the priority disembarkation and maybe embarkation until we became elite and then got it as an elite perk.

Just as a reminder....this thread is titled: "Captain's club Website updated now"

And it was technically true at the time the OP made the post. However, as we all know, it was incomplete and temporary (and most likely wrong :eek:).

I never received a refund or a voucher for paying to join the captain's club

But I do have a very cool letter from the Celebrity welcoming me to the Founder's CC level. I think we paid $35 for the two of us in 2001. I only saved the founders packet as a souvenir and nothing else.

How was anyone to know that you weren't serious?

Good grief, because most of us could not believe anyone thought they were more special than say someone with 25 or 200 cruises credits. The Founders were having some fun amongst themselves, not saying they were more privileged.

I guess we all have different senses of humor. There was never a Founder post that I read that made me think people actually thought they should be Zenith because the took their first cruise in the early '90s.

CruisingChick, I'm so happy to read your health has improved. We were on a roll call with you when things became dicey a few years back and you were canceling cruises. Glad thing worked out for you.

Edited by Oville

Thanks very much for your reply. I did think, sometime after posting my question, that it was very cheeky of me to ask, but I was just interested in how people can make the part-time TA position work for them.

Thanks again for your answer. And I appreciate the informed insights that you have been able to contribute to this forum.

No worries. I basically do it because I love it, not because I'll become rich from it. I love having a client text me during their cruise with how great it's going and how much fun they are having. Love knowing I can be a part of creating happiness. It's just fun to me. Lucrative, no, but well, most things in life worth doing, aren't. :-)

Looking forward to the announcement being made so we can put an end to the wondering! lol