Best advice/tip

Cruisin 4 Ever

What is the best advice/tip

you've received about a cruise?

Hi boyle0268 :)

To keep a cruise journal. Prior to going to sleep each

evening my wife & I discuss the days events & log them.

We have been doing this for a few decades now. The strolls

down memory lane are wonderful..

:)

:cool:Take your time. Don't try to go ashore, or catch the tender the minute the ship is released. The new, big ships have a lot of people aboard, and if you adjust your schedule by just a few minutes, and allow the masses to go ashore first, you'll have a far more relaxed, and FUN day.

"SKY"

To generously tip your room steward and waiter at the main dining room on the first day. I have always received exemplary service and a willingness to go the extra mile by doing so.

What do you think is a generous tip if you don't mind me asking?

1. You don't have to show up at the time your cruise ticket states... You can get to port around 10:30 or 11:00 am and get onboard earlier.

2. Eat breakfast in the MDR, especially on the last morning - miss the mad rush!

Go with the flow!!! The only thing one should be set on is having a good time. I have loved each and every cruise and that includes cruises with a port changes at the last minute due to a hurricane, an excursion boat that caught on fire, rain, extreme thunderstorms, extreme heat, and a minor bus accident that lead to the entire bus exiting at Senior Frogs!!

Happy sailing!!

Two vacation rules:

1: Something can and will go wrong on your vacation...get over it. ASAP. Vacation time is precious.

2: If there is something you want to go, see, do or buy (and it's within reason), then go, see, do or buy it. No regrets! There's nothing worse than arriving back home and wishing you had gone, seen, done or bought something.

Bring a sweater, jacket, hoodie, sweatshirt, shawl....whatever your preference is. I don't care if it is the dead of summer. There are times you are FREEZING.

So true! There are times when you could hang meat in public areas! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Just remembered another:

Do NOT wear cheap flip flops (the Old Navy/Gap ones) around the pool/hot tub decks! Wear the Adidas ones that the high school football players wear. They make them for women too and I promise you will not slip and fall wearing them.

Have a great cruise!

~robin and brian~

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Bring a power strip as outlets in the cabins are limited

Bring zip lock bags to take a couple small snacks on excursions

Bring a refillable water bottle since drink stations with filtered water are usually only located up near the buffet. (but use fill a cruise ship glass or two then pour into your bottle, never fill your bottle directly from the water fountain.)

Put a piece of paper with your name and cruise reservation number inside your suitcase in case the tag gets pulled off

Bring a power strip as outlets in the cabins are limited

Bring zip lock bags to take a couple small snacks on excursions

Bring a refillable water bottle since drink stations with filtered water are usually only located up near the buffet. (but use fill a cruise ship glass or two then pour into your bottle, never fill your bottle directly from the water fountain.)

Put a piece of paper with your name and cruise reservation number inside your suitcase in case the tag gets pulled off

Almost all ports have agricultural laws that forbid anything except packaged snacks (granola bars, the little boxes of cereal, etc.). You may even run into an officer with a dog who will sniff your bags to make sure you don't have anything.

...hands down, when our British friend told us about Cruise Critic.

Although we have been cruising for many years, we are genuinely thankful to many of the experienced members on this site. The incredibly detailed information that we have received and used have been truly invaluable. Thank you.