Azamara Survey

little britain

Just received another email that is a duplicate of the earlier one addressed to "Betty," only this time addressed to "Donna"--in fact, my wife's name. The first sentence of this email, in arial font rather than the times new roman used in the rest of the email, says "Please disregard the previous email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.":confused:

To what might they refer? The incorrect name? The entire undertaking? Huh?

Hattie, I have had another email too.

It seems "Cordelia" has been replaced and now they have my correct name. I am still not clicking on that link though. If Azamara want my opinion then they can email me and I will happily give it to them but I'm not opening a link from an unknown source.....especially one that seems to be very inefficient.

Just received another email that is a duplicate of the earlier one addressed to "Betty," only this time addressed to "Donna"--in fact, my wife's name. The first sentence of this email, in arial font rather than the times new roman used in the rest of the email, says "Please disregard the previous email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.":confused:

To what might they refer? The incorrect name? The entire undertaking? Huh?

You found mine!

Well, that was the cheapest nights entertainment we have had for ages ....reading your posts. ....LOL.

Thank goodness the onboard experience is better than Miami!!!

We feel a bit left out that we had emails addressed correctly....and boringly filled them in!!

Can't wait to meet you folks with strange names.....you will have to remember who you are.

We envy you OZ folks with unsolicited emails from C..1st OZ wanting details of passports and visas...we in the UK have had NOTHING at all...here's hoping...another day, another tale.

Joyce

Well the plot thickens.....this morning I got another survey addressed "Dear Cordelia" and with an embedded link to "an independent market research company" that Azamara are supposed to be using. The company is called Absolutdata Technologies Pvt Ltd.

Needless to say, I am not named Cordelia....although I did once play her sister Goneril in a University version of King Lear! :)

I also have no intention of opening a link from an unknown source.

Azamara marketing just cannot get it right can they?

And here all this time I was thinking that it was MY fault or that my browser needed updating.....WAY too much wasted time spent on this.....and agree with you as I should have been more careful and not even TRIED to open the link from an unknown source! OH well....

Received my initial email for the survey addressed to "Dear HARVEY" (who I am not), followed up with another email to "Please disregard the previous email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused".

This is all so typical for Azamara these days...

I began the survey and went through the list of cruise lines that I recognized. The list did not even include Cunard! I proceeded with the survey until I got completely fed up with the poor email communication, and the way the survey was designed. At which point I thought to myself, if Azamara really cared what I had to say they would have responded to the guest surveys onboard, the phone calls to customer service and the common themes of the posts on the forum. I closed the survey without completing it and decided it is time to look at Viking Oceans, Regent, Crystal and Oceania.

If Azamara continues the way it has been going they will lose all of the people who started out with them at the beginning.

I too got the email addressed to some stranger and then the later apology. Did they take a list of random names and randomly apply them to their mailing list?

There was no hot link in either email but I pasted in the URL and did the survey. You had to read it carefully, especially the first few questions, but I had no problem filling it out. However there were things which were not asked that struck me.

There was also a problem towards the end when it kept asking my opinion on newer Azamara features which were not in place when I last cruised in March 2011.

So all in all I'd say it is a GIGO survey (garbage in; garbage out).

I guess I'm Patricia now. Until I got Azamara's survey, I always thought of myself as Toni.

My husband got one addressed to Marie. He'd always thought he was Ron. :eek:

Joking aside, he too found it impossible to complete.

I tried to redo it to correct Evelyn's mistakes first time round (mainly caused by the fact that I didn't notice that Cunard was missing from that long list of cruiselines early on) but I got an error message.

I wasn't very keen on having to fill in my name, that seemed very unusual in a survey.

On the page where they asked you to tick which cruise lines you had been on, at the bottom, you could add in a cruise line if it was not on their list. Cunard in my case. This worked ok as Cunard always then showed up in the next lot of questions where you had to compare all your cruise lines.

Unfortunately I'd already used that option for Fred Olsen ! By the time I was on the next page and realised there was no entry for Cunard there was no back button either.

As others have said, it was a pretty badly designed survey.

Did the Azamara survey yesterday

Have received 4 spam emails today from unknown sources

Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem today after doing the survey

I completed 2 online surveys for Azamara this week, and have not experienced any spam problems.

Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem today after doing the survey

No, no spam or other problems, except that my e-mail was addressed to me by name (and even correctly spelled, which is pretty AzAmazing ;)) and everyone else seemed to have gotten e-mails addressed to imaginary people/alter egos/long lost lovers/movie stars.....

Hi munch1,

Between my Cruise Critic & personal email addresses, I get more spam than a spam factory... but nothing more than usual since taking the survey. I highly doubt the survey is the issue.

Hope this helps !

I received it & completed it without the slightest problem.

Can I be alone in all of Azamara in that I can access my account, make my on-shore excursion reservations, & complete a review without a single problem?

Please understand that I don't doubt for a moment that others have problems but how is it that I emerge unscathed? Dumb luck!!!!!

I received it & completed it without the slightest problem.

Can I be alone in all of Azamara in that I can access my account, make my on-shore excursion reservations, & complete a review without a single problem?

Please understand that I don't doubt for a moment that others have problems but how is it that I emerge unscathed? Dumb luck!!!!!

You should definitely buy a lottery ticket :)