Interesting..We're not alone...

floridacruisers

I have been on 4 different Celebrity ships in the last year. The volume varied from ship to ship and depended on the time of year. 2 of the ships had the DJs banging on the electronic drums in the lounges and the other 2 didn't.

People that complain are on ships that play loud and those that think it isn't are on the ships sailing when it isn't being played loud.

Then there are always those that just want to be contrary to debate anything.

I don't think anything has changed except being on a different ship.

.🚢

We were on the Silhouett from March 30 to April 6 and did NOT find the music volume to be an issue at any time. Quite possible the Celebrity person who reads CC reported complaints.

We listened to our guests and did adjust the volume on our ships if it was necessary.

I packed ear plugs this year. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it made the volume just about right :-)

I do believe we were on the same cruise? I have not even mentioned the music issue in my Photo trip Report because it was such a non issue.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017737

Regards,

Kevin Reid

my grandpa thanks you too

Irreverent, pesky young whippersnapper! :D :p :rolleyes:

For every 20 or 30 something wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with

" the music is NOT too loud, you're just too OLD!" :(

There is a more seasoned citizen, with a t-shirt that says

"I can't hear you, the dang music is TOO LOUD! ;)

(probably suffered hearing damage listening to Led Zeppelin in the 60's)

Edited by teecee60

We listened to our guests and did adjust the volume on our ships if it was necessary.

Thank you.

I may just consider another Caribbean sailing now, I had been totally put off by the reports of loud music.:eek:

Would they also listen when there 10 people ( all around 56 except that old guy is 57 :p ) in the Sky lounge at midnight , and play music from the '70's 80s & 90's instead of music music from 2013

On the April Silhouette TA could they do this ? :D

For me music in the 60's was the Monkeys and the Archie's, I was only 10 then :p

Another thing I fund funny about reading Carnival forums, is where on ours, we complain bar servers are few and far between on the pool deck, Carnies generally complain they are all over the place and annoying and just want to be left alone... :D

We just returned from our first cruise with Celebrity and found the music levels on the pool deck fine. On Carnival, the music levels verge on 110db on the Lido deck. You can not talk with someone sitting next to you. As we pulled away from the pier in Fort Lauderdale you could hear distinctly the DJ and music from the Carnival Freedom even though we were a quarter of a mile away. I think this is a little excessive.

Edited by hbrote

Ok, everybody, enough with the music is too loud.

I'm in my early 60's, so I'm no whippersnapper, but too loud.... really?

Whatever happened to all you baby boomers that always cranked up the music as loud as possible. Don't you remember riding around in your cars with the windows rolled down and the radio on full blast?

Look, there will be plenty of time to walk around the nursing home nice and quiet when our times comes. In the meantime, I for one and whooping it up and having a good time.

Loud music...bring it on, I'm still ready to party!!

Alive and still kicking!