Do you know what Royal Caribbean should stop doing???

I feel badly for the folks who make the calls. I seem to get the same two people all the time. A woman and a man. I think the lady is Irene.

I'm sure they are given a hard time by many.

M

I doubt that. Olga and I had a lovely chat. I didn't even ask her about an upgrade. It became clear within a few seconds that she was just the "have a nice cruise" lady.

:)

We've never gotten a call from Royal, but a a few days prior to our cruise this month, the TA we used for booking called. I saw the number on the caller ID...:D Yes! This is finally The Call!:D

Instead, the TA was just making sure that we received our luggage tags and were ready to go.:eek::rolleyes:

To quote MM....GGGRRRRR ;):)

Edited by 3CatsInMA

I doubt that. Olga and I had a lovely chat. I didn't even ask her about an upgrade. It became clear within a few seconds that she was just the "have a nice cruise" lady.

I always engage them in nice conversation, too. They usually tell me something about the ship that I will love. So I usually tell them even more since it's normally a ship I've been on before. Yes, this happens many times a year. Sometimes more than once a month.

As for the person who said some of us get pissed off. I don't remember anyone saying that. I did say it's annoying. But I've come to accept that they will continue to call us a dozen times a year if we choose to cruise that often.

And your post is funny. When I think about it, the constant welcome aboard calls are a bit funny, too, in spite of being annoying. ;)

I once answered the phone with "Oh, hi Bill." It was him and he was surprised. I remembered his name that time and due to the timing of the call I knew it would be him. :p He's the same guy that calls in response to post cruise comments, too. I don't get those calls as often but once I asked Bill why he was up so early and working on a Saturday morning. I was up so it was no problem for me but I thought he might have the weekends off.

Gina

I don't think it is you that needs to chill Irene. Hope I never get to the point that I object to people calling me with good wishes because they aren't giving me something free.

Does the cabin really make that much difference?

That is exactly how I feel. As far as a cabin, I buy what I want anyway so I'm happy with or without an upgrade. I just don't go looking and hoping for something free.

I rather them just play this song so we know right away so you know it's not an upgrade.

Yes!!!! This always puts a smile on my face... First song on my playlist since our last cruise where it was played every night in the theater.:D

I'm not sure which is funnier, mom's original post or the curmudgeons that didn't find it humorous. :confused::p:D

This is too funny. The Carnival crew is right, there ARE Royal cheerleaders who won't even let a JOKE about being mad at Royal pass with out comment.

I agree with Merion Mom about this whole calling thing. I, too, would rather it be the upgrade fairy ;)

Not to change the subject but...I really wish Royal would stop emailing the "chance" for 10,000 points if I just sign up for their Visa Royal rewards card!! (I already have 2 of them :eek:). Started happening after our last 2 cruises when we had booked a next cruise on board.

I rather them just play this song so we know right away so you know it's not an upgrade.

That's a good one. At first I thought I wasn't going to like it since I've never heard it before and it sounded like a man's voice with the woman's face. But it was catchy and fun to see all the participation even from AG and RF.

Thanks for sharing.

Gina

10 cruises and never had a call:confused: I had no idea that there are calls!

It very possibly might take 50 or more cruises for the calls to kick in - or half way through the D+ level.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Yes - it is Olga. Thanks for the name reminder.

OK - the first few times I admit I did ask if she was calling to offer an upgrade.

She is pleasant and I do hope that folks are like you and don't give her a hard time.

m

That's a good one. At first I thought I wasn't going to like it since I've never heard it before and it sounded like a man's voice with the woman's face. But it was catchy and fun to see all the participation even from AG and RF.

Thanks for sharing.

Gina

How could you not have ever heard that song before, It is a man, it is

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video)

My wife are going to NYC in July to see him and Bruno Mars at Madison Square Garden.

Edited by Jimbo

LOL, DH got one of those calls when he was on another line at work and didn't answer it. I nearly had a cow, called C&A to find out what it was all about and it was that.

At least one of the positive changes that RC made on its website (when have you heard anyone say that? ;) ) Is the upgrade option for your profile. Mine is usually set to AUTOMATIC. so I don't have to worry as much about your scenario. But we have nobody home during the day and I've come home the week before a cruise and saw 305 on the caller ID.

I always start with "Are you calling me with an upgrade" before they begin their spiel:p

And the last time I got one the gentlemen said, oh yes you did get an upgrade!!! I thought you already knew about it!!!

Edited by molly361

saw 305 on the caller ID.

I actually got a call from 305 the day before our last cruise and thought the Royal folks were calling me. It was my wife's aunt down in Miami calling. What a let down!

HAHAHAHA! Probably not something to mention at family gatherings.

really, your all pissed that someone is wishing you well???

Think about it, your all looking for an upgrade, if you really need to be upgraded, pay for it!

Imho

"like"

Edited by Irene7