Future Price Drops and 2nd Passenger 50% Promotion

Anyone know if a cruise is booked under the 2nd passenger 50% off promotion, will possible future price drops be allowed? Will it be only on the 1st passenger?

Future price drops will be allowed subject to the normal conditions. However, if the BOHOGO promo is no longer in force, then both guests will be repriced to the current price.

Future price drops will be allowed subject to the normal conditions. However, if the BOHOGO promo is no longer in force, then both guests will be repriced to the current price.

It is not too hard to figure out. I know the BOGOHO pricing was screwy but I always approach it from what is it costing me PER PERSON. For two people in a room, take your total - taxes and fees / 2. If the cruise base price drops below that (it may take some calculating to figure that out based on what kind of sale RC is doing) then you have a price drop.

I also do it that way because my cruise price tracking website posts prices that way. It makes it simple to check the site and if the per person base fare is lower, then I have a price drop.

I agree. Use the per person price that you have under BOGOHO and then compare it to the per person price for any new pricing or promotions. If the price is lower, then you have a drop. You will lose the BOGOHO promotion, but then be repriced so that the overall is lower.

Thanks all for your answers. It appears the 50% 2nd passenger is marketing smoke and mirrors. Haven't found any terrific cruise price bargains for cruises we've checked out. Noticed the website shows the average price of the two fares. Once a cabin is chosen, and looking at the breakdown of prices, found the original room price was hiked to accommodate an average of the each passenger per cabin at about the same rate as it would have been without the promo. Oh, well...:rolleyes:

Thanks all for your answers. It appears the 50% 2nd passenger is marketing smoke and mirrors. Haven't found any terrific cruise price bargains for cruises we've checked out. Noticed the website shows the average price of the two fares. Once a cabin is chosen, and looking at the breakdown of prices, found the original room price was hiked to accommodate an average of the each passenger per cabin at about the same rate as it would have been without the promo. Oh, well...:rolleyes:

In some cases you are correct. In others, you will find that many people saw a significant savings over bookings they already had when this promotion came out. I had one for next August that saved me about $150 and other people saw hundreds in savings. It all depended on what cruise and in large part when you called to book or reprice. When the sale first came out (early May) the best prices were to be found. As the ships filled up, the pricing went up.

The only time I found really great deals on the BOGOHO sale was during the first week. Then once cabins started filling up the prices went up and the deals basically went away.

We almost booked a B2B on allure for a large group family vacation but it took a day to get confirmation from everyone. In that time prices jumped $500 per cabin so we decided against it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by The Sunset Glow

It is not too hard to figure out. I know the BOGOHO pricing was screwy but I always approach it from what is it costing me PER PERSON. For two people in a room, take your total - taxes and fees / 2. If the cruise base price drops below that (it may take some calculating to figure that out based on what kind of sale RC is doing) then you have a price drop.

I also do it that way because my cruise price tracking website posts prices that way. It makes it simple to check the site and if the per person base fare is lower, then I have a price drop.

Sigh - it used to be so easy to watch for price drops.

Kathy

It is not smoke and mirrors. I got a great deal when the sale first started the first week of May. So many people are taking advantage of the sale that as the cabins fill up, the price increases.

The only time I found really great deals on the BOGOHO sale was during the first week. Then once cabins started filling up the prices went up and the deals basically went away.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. I booked a cruise right away when the BOGOHO was announced and got a great deal......now....not so much

It is not smoke and mirrors. I got a great deal when the sale first started the first week of May. So many people are taking advantage of the sale that as the cabins fill up, the price increases.

Or maybe the prices are increasing to make people think the cabins are filling and pricing will keep going higher. It will be interesting to see if the fires sales occur as some of these cruises get closer.

I just heard about this sale today. Did not check anything and just called RCI for existing booking price drop. Turns out the price was raised in a manner that it would actually result in a higher overall price.

In a nutshell, this "sale" is a total scam and RCI should be ashamed of themselves for pulling this crap. :(

Guest maddycat
I just heard about this sale today. Did not check anything and just called RCI for existing booking price drop. Turns out the price was raised in a manner that it would actually result in a higher overall price.

In a nutshell, this "sale" is a total scam and RCI should be ashamed of themselves for pulling this crap. :(

I disagree. We originally booked a cruise in late April for Oct. 2015. When the BOGOHO started in early May, we were able to reprice our cruise and saved $820.

Our cruise agent reworked our 3 cruises the first day of the "sale," and we

saved big bucks. Now, though, we've found a cruise on Liberty we want to

book, but it's very high because of the "sale" increases. Unfortunately, the only

way to book until July 15 is the BOGOHO! The cabin we want will be gone by then.

Cruzin Lady

Once I figured out that the price the RCCL reservation system was showing me was the AVERAGE of the two (full price + half price / 2), then I was OK.

So many people lately are getting ticked off because they think they are seeing the full price, when they are actually seeing the average of the 2 fares divided in half.

I had to change all my bookmarks for my price checks to show the average price and total both. Now, I just compare the total to my bookmark.

When they stop the BOGOHO sale, I'll have to change the bookmarks.

I booked 2 cabins for 6/20/15 on the oasis of the seas prior to the bogoho. When they started the sale I saved $1300.00 for 2 cabins. That's the biggest price drop I've ever gotten with Royal Carinbean. The prices now are more expensive than what I paid in the beginning. I got lucky, looked the 1st day the sale started and waited on hold for 3 hours to get my price adjustment. $1300.00 for 3 hours on hold was well worth it.

Ashamed of crap? Based on the price changes, the sale has filled ships. It was brilliant.

Too bad you didn't hear of the sale a month and a half ago- we were some that saved over $1000 on future cruises that we had booked.

This isn't a half off of the price you booked, it's a half off the price today sale. Here's an example- we booked a cruise in 2015 as soon as it was available, and got a great price. A month later, the price goes up, so we are quite pleased. Three months later, the BOGOHO sale starts, and that's applied to the higher price- and we save money vs the original price.

It's shown to be more about timing than anything else. It's *possible* that the sale drops off by the end of the month enough that select sailings will drop in price some.... But the current price reflects supply and demand- just like they always have. And since the prices are high, the sale has pretty much filled the ships- which had to be part of the intention.

I think Royal Caribbean has done very well with this sale. I know I have 4 cruises booked. I have NEVER had more than 2 booked--and only that a couple of times.

Yes--the deals were better early in the sale. . . . but, the new August and fall cruise bogo sale provides some new opportunities. :D

Ashamed of crap? Based on the price changes, the sale has filled ships. It was brilliant.

Too bad you didn't hear of the sale a month and a half ago- we were some that saved over $1000 on future cruises that we had booked.

We were going to wait and think about booking our cruise, but for some reason I pushed for it the first week of BOGOHO. I just did a mock booking earlier today and our GS on Freedom in Sept. 2015 is currently $900 more than what we paid for it. I'm pretty excited about the deal.

And I agree. It's a brilliant strategy. I can only imagine how many people scrambled to take advantage of the deal and filled up more rooms than they would have by now.