Bathroom amenities - a 'welcome' change

PescadoAmarillo

and some clarification on Elite amenities too. This was sent out to TAs recently (not sure exactly when; I received it today from my TA).

In the spirit of our new slogan, Come Back New, Princess Cruises enhances the onboard experience for your clients.

Rai Caluori, Fleet Personnel

As The Consummate Host, Princess Cruises is always looking to provide an experience that is refreshing and new for returning passengers and novice cruisers alike. But for us, it's not the bells and whistles that make or break a passenger's cruise. It's the little things, the smallest details that add up to make a big difference during your clients' sailing. Here are just a couple of recent enhancements we've made on board:

Bathroom Amenities

As part of our Come Back New revitalization, the amenities provided in our staterooms now have a fresh new scent and contemporary presentation. In all stateroom categories (except full suites), the Shower Gel and Shampoo & Conditioner are presented in a modern and elegant shower dispenser that is not only more environmentally friendly, but offers your clients the convenience of having the products at their fingertips. Bottled lotion and a bar of soap are provided at the wash hand basin.

In full suites, the product is presented in bottles and will be complemented with the addition of a conditioner. Suite guests also receive an array of additional amenities including bath salts, eye gel mask, sizzle mitt, shower cap, lip balm, emery board, linen spray, cotton balls and Q-tips. Captain's Circle Elite members will continue to enjoy the above amenities (with the exception of the bath salts), regardless of stateroom category.

The new bath amenities are a welcome change to our previous products and we are certain your clients will appreciate the refreshing new look and scent.

The biggest benefit to the wall dispensers is that there won't be tens of thousands of tiny plastic bottles being thrown away... Even if they were being recycled, the ship doesn't have to deal with all that waste.

I have zero problem with the dispensers. My only wish would be that they bring back the eucalyptus-scented bath gel and shampoo.

I used the provided shampoo/ conditioner.

I came back frizzy!

Surely,I will pack my own products next cruise. No problem.

However,not providing quality bath amenities to passengers is conveying a feeling of not being treated as a pampered guest.

I am beginning to understand why the slogan was changed from "Relax Completely" to "Come Back New".

The bottom line is showing in how Princess is regarding passengers.

But, IMHO,the bottom line mentality is affecting many areas now.

I have zero problem with the dispensers. My only wish would be that they bring back the eucalyptus-scented bath gel and shampoo.

Agree with this! The shampoo and soap have no distinctive scent. They do the job but are very blah.

I agree with Pam. Last October I read about those bottles attached to the wall (just like NCL, RCCL etc). So I took a bunch of shampoo/conditioners from my Hyatt Regency hotel in London. Yes, the ones I did not use came home with me. I used to do the same with Princess little bottles.

Linda

I used the provided shampoo/ conditioner.

I came back frizzy!

Surely,I will pack my own products next cruise. No problem.

However,not providing quality bath amenities to passengers is conveying a feeling of not being treated as a pampered guest.

I am beginning to understand why the slogan was changed from "Relax Completely" to "Come Back New".

The bottom line is showing in how Princess is regarding passengers.

But, IMHO,the bottom line mentality is affecting many areas now.

It was previously "Escape Completely", if my memory serves me correctly.

Agree with this! The shampoo and soap have no distinctive scent. They do the job but are very blah.

I know that many complained of the smell, but I loved the eucalyptus shampoo, and the cream was nice and think. This new stuff almost evaporates before you can rub it onto your skin.

Did you come back "new"?

They must have hired the best & brightest of the last creative writing class! What is "modern and elegant" about plastic soap dispensers? They're not Grandmother's crystal!

You two made my day. Rainy, dreary, thunderstorms, etc. I really did laugh out loud.:):)

I always brought my own shampoo so no change for me there. But the first cruise with no crème rinse was a disaster. Tried using their combo after my shampoo, was a disaster. I was frizzy, until I begged, pleaded with my Steward to find me some conditioner. Wonderful young man, he did! Now I always bring my own. Soap problem easily solved, just ask that wonderful young man Stewart the Steward for another bar of soap.

Like others, I keep hearing little cheep, cheeps on our cruises.;)

Bathroom Amenities

As part of our Come Back New revitalization, the amenities provided in our staterooms now have a fresh new scent and contemporary presentation. In all stateroom categories (except full suites), the Shower Gel and Shampoo & Conditioner are presented in a modern and elegant shower dispenser that is not only more environmentally friendly, but offers your clients the convenience of having the products at their fingertips. Bottled lotion and a bar of soap are provided at the wash hand basin.

On the Emerald this past winter we had the wall dispensers. They had no fresh sent, the soap did not lather very well, the dispensers had short spouts and it was difficult to get your hand under them, hardly modern and elegant, the shampoo was a combo shampoo/conditioner, the sink soap was smaller and kept running out, the bath gel was in tubes and did not work very well. You were also on the same ship. Hope this announcement means it has changed, but I doubt will be as good as the old bottles.

Just got off the Grand Princess yesterday and the shower gel and shampoo DID have a scent. It was similar to the old stuff, but much milder. I kept wondering why everyone said that the new stuff has no scent when it obviously does. Maybe we just had the new scented stuff.

The shampoo/conditioner is terrible, but I managed for a week with my shoulder length hair. It took 6-8 pumps to wash my hair. I am VERY glad that I brought good shampoo and conditioner for my long-haired boys. Next time I will bring good stuff for myself too.

The shower gel is okay, but I had to use a lot of it.

You two made my day. Rainy, dreary, thunderstorms, etc. I really did laugh out loud.:):)
Stay safe. I saw the photos from Revere and there are more tornadoes warnings although you're north of there.
Im sure most people will be bringing their own toiletries now. Princess will surely save some money there. I for one, will miss the eucalyptus scented lotions, I loved them.
I never used to but with the tacky dispensers with products I'd never use, I'm now bringing my own shampoo and ask for extra bars of soap.

Princess' mission is accomplished: they're now saving money on me.

Edited by Pam in CA

Yes, the ones I did not use came home with me. I used to do the same with Princess little bottles.

Linda

Many of us did so I'm sure there are additional economies with the dispensers. Not only will I not be bringing home bottles :p (which I can adjust to very easily) but I'll be bringing my own shampoo and conditioner from home since once was enough with the new, supposedly improved, product. That's a win-win for Princess. I really have to wonder if they did any trials on real people before choosing such a poor product.

I imagine you were referring to the addition of suite and elite perks because I don't see any improvement in the basic amenities. All I see is a bunch of fancy adjectives that describe common toiletries that are dispensed in the same fashion as any public restroom in a subway station or prision. There is nothing modern or contemporary about this idea and how they could think this is elegant gives me cause to worry about what's in store for the future. I also hate when they play the environmentally friendly card when the really mean economically friendly.

I imagine you were referring to the addition of suite and elite perks because I don't see any improvement in the basic amenities. All I see is a bunch of fancy adjectives that describe common toiletries that are dispensed in the same fashion as any public restroom in a subway station or prision. There is nothing modern or contemporary about this idea and how they could think this is elegant gives me cause to worry about what's in store for the future. I also hate when they play the environmentally friendly card when the really mean economically friendly.

I could not agree more with your statement!!! We been Elite for many years and always book a mini suite which is not cheap for 15 day cruises. Last April on the Grand we got no toiletries just one tube of lotion. It is really a shame when you have to bring a bar of soap (that little sliver does not doe it for us) and your own hair products to avoid using that terrible green stuff.I am not coming back new, just very disappointed. And if I did not bring my own bathroom items I be coming back stinky:eek:

We agree! Although the dispensers are certainly NOT elegant, I can make do with them. We don't like the current contents of the dispensers. They smell bad, and the bath gel doesn't lather up well. I find them drying on my skin. The old bath products smelled so nice, lathered well, and made my skin and hair feel good. On our last cruise, I asked our room steward for another bar of soap for the shower. For us ladies, I found the new shower gel made for lots of nicks when I shaved my legs. The bar soap made for a smooth, pain-free shave. Princess, please bring back the old products.