Do any Carnival Platinum benefits carry-over to Princess ?

manmtnmike

Just curious...

RCCL's C&A loyalty programs have some benefits when cruising Celebrity...

Since CCL owns both brands, is my Platinum status carry over, for my next Princess sailing?

Thanks!

Mike

No, it doesn't. But Carnival gives you a free (up to $9.00) drink, and Princess doesn't. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious...

RCCL's C&A loyalty programs have some benefits when cruising Celebrity...

Since CCL owns both brands, is my Platinum status carry over, for my next Princess sailing?

Thanks!

Mike

DH and I are Princess Elite and recently booked our second TA on Cunard for next spring. Cunard asked me to take an online survey and the bulk of the questions centered on how appealing it would be if loyalty benefits on one cruise line would be extended to all the brands of CCL (I said that would be "extremely" appealing!). So perhaps CCL is considering doing this someday - which would be absolutely AWESOME.

Until then, we are "stuck" on Princess. Actually, we really like Princess, never had a reason to look elsewhere yet.

Just curious... RCCL's C&A loyalty programs have some benefits when cruising Celebrity...

Interesting. I never received any benefit on Celebrity even though I have taken several RCCL cruises.

Yes, Carnival Corporation (as opposed to Carnival Cruise Lines) owns not just Carnival but also Princess, HAL, Cunard, Seaborn, etc. and there's no reciprococity between the lines. Carnival offers far more short cruises than Princess so if the loyalty programs were combined, someone cruising Carnival would attain the higher loyalty levels much faster than a Princess cruisers. Which doesn't make sense nor is it fair since it's a loyalty program. Taking Carnival cruises does not reflect loyalty to Princess. :(

Interesting. I never received any benefit on Celebrity even though I have taken several RCCL cruises.

Yes they do - I am not high enough on either to see the benefits: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Edited by Coral

Yes, Carnival Corporation (as opposed to Carnival Cruise Lines) owns not just Carnival but also Princess, HAL, Cunard, Seaborn, etc. and there's no reciprococity between the lines. Carnival offers far more short cruises than Princess so if the loyalty programs were combined, someone cruising Carnival would attain the higher loyalty levels much faster than a Princess cruisers. Which doesn't make sense nor is it fair since it's a loyalty program. Taking Carnival cruises does not reflect loyalty to Princess. :(

Its loyalty to Carnival Corp not to Princess but if its so unfair and "doesn't make sense" then why are you wanting your credits from RCCL to show on Celebrity?

When we traveled with our friends on Celebrity, even though it was only their second celebrity cruise, they were grandfathered in at celebrity's highest tier

(Elite) due to the reciprocity agreement between RCCL and X. they got free laundry, two-hour cocktail party every night and a lot of other perks.

We travel with several other coupes who were grandfathered in at the elite level due to being the highest level on RCCL diamond plus ?

But due to all this grandfathering, it has crowded the elite functions which has resulted in them being cancelled altogether at times and drink vouchers given in lieu of loyalty parties. So basically, the X Elite functions have become quite crowded, per the feedback on the X board

Personally, if I want to drink I'll buy my own. If I want to do laundry, I will pay for it, since I've gone into the poorhouse anyway by splurging, what's another couple hundred bucks in the grand scheme of things? Guess you could say I am my own Elite perk;)

Its loyalty to Carnival Corp not to Princess but if its so unfair and "doesn't make sense" then why are you wanting your credits from RCCL to show on Celebrity?
I'm not. I have no plans to cruise RCCL or Celebrity although that could change in the far future. I was merely responding to the post that said if you cruise Celebrity, you get the RCCL loyalty level. :)

Bill, I did check my C&A account and it's listed as cruise credits, not days.

I did check my C&A account and it's listed as cruise credits, not days.

Maybe it does not convert until you book another RCCL cruise.

When our 4 credits converted, it was to 29 days. Actual sea days had been 20.

Edited by caribill

I just booked 2 TAs with Cunard. The agent

told me that Princess is the sister line of

Cunard. I don't believe there are any perks,

however they do exchange information. When I

filled out the voyage personalizer for

Cunard, all of my personal information including

Passport was prefilled using my Princess information. The passenger number

is my captain's circle number with CU added

at the front. After I get back I will report if I receive

a free drink or anything else. When I booked

HAL this year there was not any sharing of information.

at the front. After I get back I will report if I receive

a free drink or anything else. When I booked

HAL this year there was not any sharing of information.

Cunard is the only CCL line that uses the same number as Princess. And if you are a CCL shareholder, you do get credit on Cunard.

• Like 1

Cunard. .

They do seem like sisters. The Princess Travel Agent Reps also represent Cunard.

A few years ago, Cunard was struggling. They put Princess in charge of Cunard, Princess sent some of their best managers over there (and a Captain who stayed!). The Cunard employees were moved into the Princess building and Cunard moved to using Princess's booking engine for reservations. I think some of the Princess Vacation Planners also do Cunard bookings.

Not sure how close the two are tied still tied now but there definitely is a close relationship here.

I agree with you that combining the loyalty programs wouldn't work mainly because there would be so many platinum passengers that to have priority boarding would have no meaning. I don't however agree with your premise that you would achieve the loyalty level much faster with carnival than would Princess. Loyalty level is based on numbers of days not numbers of cruises so whether you do 10 of the 3 day cruises or 3 of the 10 day cruises you would have the same 30 days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...

I have sent a couple of letters regarding this topic. One letter was to John Heald who passed it along to upper management. The airlines have been doing this for years. In fact it is the first order of business when they merge or enter into a marketing relationship - they combine their frequently flyers programs into one. No big deal. The problem here is there are some cruisers who think by having shared benefits their favorite cruise line will be overrun by tattooed beer drinking bikers. In fact if you add up all the on-board purchases I bet you see the avg cost is not that far apart. We are going on our first Princess cruise this fall. We are in our 40's and looking for a different cruise experience. Carnival Corp gets the revenue at least they should recognize our continued loyalty to the family.

The airlines have been doing this for years. In fact it is the first order of business when they merge or enter into a marketing relationship - they combine their frequently flyers programs into one. No big deal. The problem here is there are some cruisers who think by having shared benefits their favorite cruise line will be overrun by tattooed beer drinking bikers. In fact if you add up all the on-board purchases I bet you see the avg cost is not that far apart. We are going on our first Princess cruise this fall. We are in our 40's and looking for a different cruise experience. Carnival Corp gets the revenue at least they should recognize our continued loyalty to the family.

Well said. I especially liked the part in bold italics. You eloquently captured what I believe is the emotion behind those who are vehemently opposed to reciprocity. Sure seems that nobody is worried about top-level Seabourn cruisers coming over to Princess.

This is an older thread so I don't hold out much hope of reciprocity being implemented anytime soon.

Edited by beg3yrs

There is a one-way 'reciprocity' between P&O UK and Princess. P&O cruise days count toward Princess loyalty points (but not the other way round). I believe this dates from the days when P&O and Princess were one but were not under the CCL umbrella.

at the front.

One thing Cunard does do for you automatically is give you the Veteran's benefit (if you qualify).

One thing Cunard does do for you automatically is give you the Veteran's benefit (if you qualify).

Doesn't Princess do that or am I thinking of something else:confused:. Whenever we book a Princess cruise, the veteran benefit for my husband shows up automatically.