Thank you, Veterans

dobiemom

Thanks, Dobiemom. We have much to be thankful to all veterans in all countries for - they allowed us to be here planning cruises.;) We will be at our cenotaph tomorrow morning at 11 am for Remembrance Day ceremonies - I will be pushing a vet in a wheelchair in the parade, in fact. Our little town always has a huge turnout for the ceremony.

What a great thread.

I am so thankful for what everyone did for us to give us peace. Including my father and my uncle (RIP) and my aunt. I as particularly moved when we went to Normandy and saw how the kind people of Normandy respected those who had helped and the wonderful care they have taken of their resting places.

one of my favourite remembrances for Rembrance day is always a pittance of time.

Lest we never, ever forget.

Visited Arlington National Cemetery (parents and grandparents buried there) a couple of weeks ago. It is always a good reminder of how lucky we are through the selflessness of so many.

Thank you to all of the veterans for your sacrifices!

Has anyone seen the amazing sea of poppies around the Tower of London? There are over 800,000 representing the number of British troops dead in "The Great War".

Edited by Scrapnana

Visited Arlington National Cemetery (parents and grandparents buried there) a couple of weeks ago. It is always a good reminder of how lucky we are through the selflessness of so many.

Has anyone seen the amazing sea of poppies around the Tower of London? There are over 800,000 representing the number of British troops dead in "The Great War".

We were there in August. Incredible sight. There are a lot more of them now - they were just getting started when we were there.

DSC06207_zps1f162307.jpg

DSC06206_zpsfdd06800.jpg

DSC06258_zpsd21be042.jpg

I was at our local Veteran's cemetary attending the funeral of my BIL yesterday. They were setting up for the service today. Such hallow grounds.

As we walked among the stones on the ground (I put flowers on my own parents graves) I was once again reminded of so many sacrifices. I only wish more people in this country would remember that Veteran's Day and Memorial Day were about more than store sales.

Sadly I won't be at the service as I am still sick, after almost one week and one dr visit, Dh told me yesterday NO way. He said he doesn't want me to get phonomia (sp).

I am there anyway in my heart!

This video was played at my church this past weekend (get your tissues ready):

BTW: this is a great website. Moments.org

If this is somewhat garbled, I apologize. It is hard to type through the tears that this video is causing. Thank you Marcia for sharing it with us and I'd like to add:

"Thank you to all Past, Present and Future Military members AND to their families for loaning them to us in order that we may have our freedom!!"

Joanie

I saw something on TV about this over the weekend and I was truly moved. Humankind suffered and sacrificed... I am humbled.

This video was played at my church this past weekend (get your tissues ready):

BTW: this is a great website. Moments.org

I am the son of a WWII combat veteran. Thanks for the emotional video. Especially, thanks to those Vietnam veterans who were not treated with the respect that they should have been given. Thanks to all veterans!!!!