Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think they'll have a ship back in Miami to do those 5/9 night itineraries again? And it looks like you think Majesty will stay past April of 2016... But if not, that could result in some deployment changes in order to get a weekend ship to PC?

I guess we just got the answer with the new 20 contract for the new Miami terminal to be completed by the 31st of July of 2018.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12999-royal-caribbean-plans-miami-terminal.html

That could be just in time to great first Oasis IV and then later Quantum IV in 2019.

This should at least secure the 5 day / 9 day sailings on some ship if they turn out to be successful.

Edited by MADflyer

I guess we just got the answer with the new 20 contract for the new Miami terminal to be completed by the 31st of July of 2018.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12999-royal-caribbean-plans-miami-terminal.html

That could be just in time to great first Oasis IV and then later Quantum IV in 2019.

This should at least secure the 5 day / 9 day sailings on some ship if they turn out to be successful.

That's awesome! Great find.

I would assume Q4 will be going there... I didn't think Oasis Class could fit in Miami? With an investment that large, I would guess that they might even be considering another ship on top of that.

They could have the weekend ship departing on Fridays and Mondays, a 5/9 night ship departing on Saturdays and Thursdays, and maybe a 7 night ship with turnaround day on Sundays.

Just speculating. :)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I am thinking that a TUI ship might get put in the Caribbean year round with all of the new builds they have in the works.

A Pullmantur ship could be seasonally based there as well.

Celebrity and Azamara would use the facility as well most likely.

But I am certain that RCI plan to now enhance their standing at their traditional home port and see that as a good thing.

• 1 month later...

Looking at the St. Maarten schedule for May, 2017...it shows the Oasis in port of May 4th AND May 11th (both on Thursdays), which would indicate two Eastern Caribbean trips back-to-back with the same Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten itinerary.

She then comes back on Wed, May 24th, which would indicate the St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee itinerary.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

-Michael

Looking at the St. Maarten schedule for May, 2017...it shows the Oasis in port of May 4th AND May 11th (both on Thursdays), which would indicate two Eastern Caribbean trips back-to-back with the same Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten itinerary.

She then comes back on Wed, May 24th, which would indicate the St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee itinerary.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

-Michael

Could one of the cruises be a full ship charter where the charterer can have a different itinerary? I think Atlantis does this.

So what's the speculation on Oasis 4? Where will she be home ported and what will happen to the other Oasis class ships once she's in service?

Pure speculation, but the timing and related press releases about the new RCI Miami terminal indicate that there may be Miami deployment for 2018 or 2019 and Quantum 4 and Oasis 4 would have to be possible choices.

We're booked on a 9 nite Navigator South Carib. in Feb. '17 out of Miami.

MY TA said there is talk of sending an Oasis class ship to NYC/NJ. Has anyone else heard this? It would be awesome for that area to finally get 2 ships for a decent amount of time.

Now that would be awesome.....any ship in NJ besides the Anthem as it is just too big and too impersonal and lacks a "ship" at sea feel, more like a big hotel. Vicki

Now that would be awesome.....any ship in NJ besides the Anthem as it is just too big and too impersonal and lacks a "ship" at sea feel, more like a big hotel. Vicki

I am sure the NJ/NY marketplace could easily support and fill another big ship from the Oasis class in addition to Anthem. I have not cruised on Anthem, but I did cruise on Allure and to me, that ship lacked a feeling of being a 'ship at sea' to me -- it felt like a big hotel.

Pure speculation, but the timing and related press releases about the new RCI Miami terminal indicate that there may be Miami deployment for 2018 or 2019 and Quantum 4 and Oasis 4 would have to be possible choices.

I would love to see it based in Miami and do the southern route that Navigator does part of the year going to the ABC's.

MY TA said there is talk of sending an Oasis class ship to NYC/NJ. Has anyone else heard this? It would be awesome for that area to finally get 2 ships for a decent amount of time.

I'm not entirely sure an Oasis Class ship can even fit into NY Harbor...I remember some discussion about that awhile back, but I'm not sure.

But an Oasis Class ship would only really work in the summer sailing from NJ, as they're designed for warm weather, and I've seen many complaints about how when the weather gets bad and the outside activities shut down, the inside gets terribly crowded. Look at some reviews of the Oasis TA last year.

You do understand that Oasis is even bigger than Anthem?

I'm not entirely sure an Oasis Class ship can even fit into NY Harbor...I remember some discussion about that awhile back, but I'm not sure.

I believe I read somewhere that the Oasis does not have the ability to lower the telescoping stacks anymore. If that is the case, then she won't fit under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge which has a navigational clearance of 215'. The Oasis comes in at 236' with the stacks in the raised position.

I believe I read somewhere that the Oasis does not have the ability to lower the telescoping stacks anymore. If that is the case, then she won't fit under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge which has a navigational clearance of 215'. The Oasis comes in at 236' with the stacks in the raised position.

Yes, that is my understanding, as well.

For some unknown reason, Voyager's 2016 Asia IT hasn't come out yet and it is already November. Only one sailing is published so far and it is a HK to Singapore sailing in Oct 2016.

But when you check HK's Kai Tak cruise terminal schedule, Voyager's home port for Asia. Voyager's name is all over the place from May 17 to Oct 11.

So I wonder when will all those sailings go on sale.

Edited by roquejo