What happens when they lose your suitcase?

Mommypig

First time on Celebrity, 15 day RT Buenos Aires to Antartica. One of our three suitcases did not make it to our room after being placed In bin by porters. Going to see the purser this morning

Hopefully it got delivered to the wrong cabin and will be along soon.

Have a wonderful cruise!

So sorry this happened and hopefully, it is on the ship somewhere and will be returned. I have heard discussed here something about travel insurance and luggage replacement. Perhaps someone else who knows the exact terms will weigh in and help but IIRC there is something about replacing things in a limited time frame to be reimbursed.

That would seem a Catch 22 in your case as a limited time might expire before you know for certain that your suitcase is gone for good.

Sure hope you find it soon!

Was there only 1 ship in port when you embarked?

I have heard (on these message boards a couple of years ago) about a bag getting to the wrong ship...in that case they were able to track it down after a couple of days and were able to get it at one of the port stops.

We got a surprise gift of someone else's luggage in our cabin.

We called Guest Relations and hopefully they found the correct owners. It had a handwritten luggage tag and one of the numbers may have been 0 but looked like a 6. That is we thought as it did look like our cabin number except for those two numbers being confused.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

First time on Celebrity, 15 day RT Buenos Aires to Antartica. One of our three suitcases did not make it to our room after being placed In bin by porters. Going to see the purser this morning

Did you have alcohol in that bag?

Did you have anything unusual such as liquor, knife, etc.? One time my luggage was not delivered to our cabin . Shortly before departure & supposedly searching the ship, we went with security back on shore & there was my suitcase. It had a scuba diving knife in it, which was then given to ship security for holding until I needed it. Had I not pursued it timely, the ship would have left & my suitcase would have stayed in port. BTW, my luggage tag was on it(a scuba knife can do very little damage) & someone could have contacted me but failed to do so.

Still no luggage. There was no knife, no liquor, no anything. Our luggage was. put in the bins at the same time as the other people in our tour. My hubs saw all our bags go in the same bin. Everybody else on our tour has gotten their luggage. Supposedly they are doing a cabin by cabin search by the stewards, but nothing yet.

Edited by Mommypig

Certainly hope it is on board. Otherwise it is likely gone. BAires has huge issues with petty crime. Last trip there had a snatch and grab of luggage in the port terminal!

Good luck. Hope it arrives soon.

Last trip on the Infinity or with Celebrity? Guest Relations of course is saying they don't know what to do when luggage is stolen from the wharf because that doesn't happen.

I have had my luggage lost several times. It happened on a Celebrity Millenium cruise...2 weeks from Barcelona to Venice. Delta airlines lost/ delayed luggage for more than 80 people on the cruise. Celebrity concierge was wonderful. He called Delta many times, offered us clothes for formal nights, gave us Celebrity teeshirts, and did our laundry same day complimentary. We only had a carry on. The luggage did arrive after 10 days. Many expensive clothing pieces were stolen. The rest was messed up. I still enjoyed the cruise. I now travel with old clothes or inexpensive clothing. I never put anything in checked luggage if I would be upset to lose. I now travel light. No more fancy formal clothes. I bring simple clothing that mix together well. Also, I am very careful when I get dressed for the airplane. I wear pieces that are easy to wash and dry quickly. I have also had Lufthansa and Swiss Air lose my bags and carryon which was gate checked. I have had carryon weighed on Lufthansa. If it is over 8 kilos, it must be checked. On one trip Lufthansa lost the checked bags including the carryon. Each time I travel I take less. Less to carry, less to lose. Traveling includes playing luggage roulette. I am amazed at when my liggage arrives. Good luck.

Luggage does indeed get lost and in some cases stolen.

Several reminders - never put either medication, good jewelry or electronics in your checked luggage. Also bring a carryon with at least one complete change of clothing.

Luggage in BA disappearing - just ask the residents and ask why they surround theri houses with razor wire and alarm systems. Ask why street crime of grabbing purses and jewelery in rampant even right outside the best hotels. Use extreme caution in BAires. We carried our luggage on and off in 2013!

Our luggage was put on another ship in Alaska. We received free laundry and free clothes from the shops onboard the solstice. Got luggage back halfway through the trip when the other ship stopped at the same port.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Our luggage was put on another ship in Alaska. We received free laundry and free clothes from the shops onboard the solstice. Got luggage back halfway through the trip when the other ship stopped at the same port.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

DH's bag went to the Baltics on a Princess ship from Southampton while we were on the Eclipse doing Iceland and Norway:D We'd taken a private transfer from London and they offloaded one bag at the wrong terminal. The Celebrity concierge was extremely helpful and the bag was tracked down a couple of days into our cruise, we finally collected it at the end of our cruise, both sailings were for 15 days in and out of Southampton. Celebrity gave us free laundry and clothes, also fitted out DH for the formal nights, I have only good things to say about Celebrity's Guest Relations.

Sorry for the distress this has caused you.

Have posted before, after suffering the loss of two suitcases. The cruise line ations were a Gallic Shrug and passed me a claim form.:mad:

Now always travel with electronic transmitting suitcase tracking devices.

Since first being sold prices have come down, and now easily available.

This gives one peace of mind.

Hope all turns out well for you

Edited by PORT ROYAL

:

Now always travel with electronic transmitting suitcase tracking devices.

Since first being sold prices have come down, and now easily available.

This gives one peace of mind.

Where do you get those?

Judging by what is currently getting stuffed into our cases for tomorrow that may be a very good idea.

Gordon

Where do you get those?

Judging by what is currently getting stuffed into our cases for tomorrow that may be a very good idea.

Gordon

Plenty of sites on the Internet. Google "suitcase tracking devices"

These pieces if kit give one peace of mind. They are a small price to pay ;)

Where is my suitcase now? - I see, just there! :D

It is fun using the devices when claiming suitcases quayside post cruise.

Still no luggage. There was no knife, no liquor, no anything. Our luggage was. put in the bins at the same time as the other people in our tour. My hubs saw all our bags go in the same bin. Everybody else on our tour has gotten their luggage. Supposedly they are doing a cabin by cabin search by the stewards, but nothing yet.

We are all anxious to hear if your luggage has been found. Please update us. Thanks.

So far no suitcase. They have done a cabin by cabin search by the cabin stewards, but they are only allowed to look in the cabin and under the beds, not in the closet for privacy reasons. They said that most times if it is in the closet they will find it when cruise is over because people will just leave it there. Since we saw the porter put all three of our bags onto the trolley along with the rest of our tour group, we know that it was destined for the correct ship. We are staying in Buenos Aires for a couple of nights after the cruise, so there will be time for them to transfer it to our hotel if they find it after we disembark.

Celebrity has been helpful. Even tho we do have clothes, just not the warm ones, they are providing complimentary laundry service for the duration of the cruise. Also, they have given us a credit at the Emporium shops for necessities.

Sure hoped it would have turned up by now. Hard to understand how someone would put someone else's suitcase in their closet. I'm glad X has helped with the credit and laundry. Do let us know if it turns up eventually. You do need the warm clothes on that itinerary! DH bought one of the X warm jackets on sale and it helped a lot but we did have our long pants and heavier clothes to go with it.

Once my suitcase was delivered to the wrong cabin 4 doors down. The stewards had finished placing all the bags by the front doors. I was walking down the hallway to my stateroom and I walked by it, and I though "that looks familiar". Checked it closely and it was indeed mine so I wheeled it back to my room.

Sure hoped it would have turned up by now. Hard to understand how someone would put someone else's suitcase in their closet. I'm glad X has helped with the credit and laundry. Do let us know if it turns up eventually. You do need the warm clothes on that itinerary! DH bought one of the X warm jackets on sale and it helped a lot but we did have our long pants and heavier clothes to go with it.

I think it is unlikely that it is in someone else's room. Since the suitcases are left in the hallway, someone would have to actually drag it into their room. Unless totally clueless (which of course can happen!) why would someone drag in a suitcase that wasn't there own...

I don't know how X xrays the suitcases at embarkation...I would bet it got knocked off the cart at the port, or got set aside at the xray.

I watched a suitcase fall off a luggage wagon (is that what they call it?? maybe luggage cart?) at the airport last year...(I wish I would have take a picture)...the suitcase just laid on the tarmac until another driver stopped and grabbed it. (it was probably there for 5 minutes).