Between Elite+...and Zenith

Redtravel

It's really interesting that people would actually be looking elsewhere because they can't make Zenith, a level that there never was before although there were non-documented benefits for those who had reached 100 cruise points. Now, it is a level with such good benefits that there is a very good reason that it's very difficult to attain.

There was also never an Elite plus level and no one was looking elsewhere because there were better loyalty club benefits available. I think many of us were happy to receive the benefits of Elite plus even if they weren't substantial. Let's face it, if they provide another level it probably wouldn't mean much in the grand scheme of things either.

I would venture to bet that if people are looking elsewhere it doesn't really have much to do with a loyalty program.

Very well said

It's really interesting that people would actually be looking elsewhere because they can't make Zenith, a level that there never was before although there were non-documented benefits for those who had reached 100 cruise points. Now, it is a level with such good benefits that there is a very good reason that it's very difficult to attain.

There was also never an Elite plus level and no one was looking elsewhere because there were better loyalty club benefits available. I think many of us were happy to receive the benefits of Elite plus even if they weren't substantial. Let's face it, if they provide another level it probably wouldn't mean much in the grand scheme of things either.

I would venture to bet that if people are looking elsewhere it doesn't really have much to do with a loyalty program.

You are right. As much as we like Celebrity, we continue to book other cruise lines from time to time for any of a number of different reasons.

We do appreciate and enjoy loyalty perks, but they are only one factor among many to consider in deciding which cruise line to choose.

However, when the next higher level of a loyalty program is close at hand and it offers additional features that are attractive, then that does provide more incentive than when the next higher level is out of reach.

Reaching the next level hardly matters if it does not offer anything additional that is appealing to you.

We would have greater incentive to stick with Celebrity if they offered a level above Elite Plus with some really attractive perks, the way they did with Zenith (not just more laundry coupons or internet time).

You are right. As much as we like Celebrity, we continue to book other cruise lines from time to time for any of a number of different reasons.

We do appreciate and enjoy loyalty perks, but they are only one factor among many to consider in deciding which cruise line to choose.

However, when the next higher level of a loyalty program is close at hand and it offers additional features that are attractive, then that does provide more incentive than when the next higher level is out of reach.

Reaching the next level hardly matters if it does not offer anything additional that is appealing to you.

We would have greater incentive to stick with Celebrity if they offered a level above Elite Plus with some really attractive perks, the way they did with Zenith (not just more laundry coupons or internet time).

The problem is they really can't create a level that's easy to reach and give everyone really attractive perks. They would need to be paid for somehow. It's more likely that another level would provide something like you said...more internet or laundry. What would you suggest they do?

Just recently made Elite Plus...happy with the perks. We sail in AQ which works well for us. No need to move up..We enjoyed Michaels when it was a nice place for the Elite Social hour..but we do not feel deprived by not having access anymore or any urge to book a suite..

The alcohol perks have changed demographics of pax...not necessarily for the better, More of a drinking and party vibe being promoted onboard...we just avoid the areas that focus on this along with the loud music....and have had several recent excellent cruises !

At least with X, when you get to a level you stay there.

Those of us who cruise with other lines as well as X will be aware that this does not apply to all cruise companies.

Take a look at the Peninsular Club for example (P&O - one of the Carnival brands).

To maintain Ligurian Level (the top grade) you have to have not only 2500 points which are issued in much the same way a the Captain's Club scheme but you also have to have a run-rate of 201 night in the past 1,095.

Yes that's right, only if you ensure you are on board for 1 in 5 nights of your life do you keep the benefit.

;)

At least with X, when you get to a level you stay there.

Those of us who cruise with other lines as well as X will be aware that this does not apply to all cruise companies.

Take a look at the Peninsular Club for example (P&O - one of the Carnival brands).

To maintain Ligurian Level (the top grade) you have to have not only 2500 points which are issued in much the same way a the Captain's Club scheme but you also have to have a run-rate of 201 night in the past 1,095.

Yes that's right, only if you ensure you are on board for 1 in 5 nights of your life do you keep the benefit.

;)

You would really have to love P&O to be that loyal. If cruising with them for life was cheaper than maintaining a retirement property, maybe, but I doubt that is the case.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The problem is they really can't create a level that's easy to reach and give everyone really attractive perks. They would need to be paid for somehow. It's more likely that another level would provide something like you said...more internet or laundry. What would you suggest they do?

That was the case with Elite under the old system. Five cruises (even just 4 nights) in Concierge or Aqua and you were Elite. On TA cruises HALF the ship are Elite or higher. That is why they HAD to change the program.

Okay then, for starters here are a few things I would rather have than additional laundry coupons, and they would cost the cruise line very little or nothing at all.

Some time ago there was a discussion about the possibility of being allowed to visit other ships of the same parent company when they are docked in the same port.

Since we would already be cleared for port access, it would take very little additional processing for security to permit a limited number of passengers to visit other ships docked there.

Crew members already get to visit other ships on their time off and travel agents get ship inspection tours for familiarization.

They should be able to set up a similar arrangement for a limited number of passengers.

It would not overcrowd the ships to have a few extra people strolling through the public areas as most passengers are off the ship on port days anyway.

I would like the chance to visit RCI or Azamara ships that happen to be docked at the same port as well as other Celebrity ships, and it would be especially appealing if we happened to be at a dock with one of the new Celebrity ships after it is built.

They could give the next Captain's Club level.access to the pay-per-view movies in the cabin free of charge.

They could provide an additional discount or upgrade when booking future cruises, or allow some combinations such as getting the 123 package when booking a resident or military or other discounted rate.

They could offer a limited number of free ship excursions on a space available basis, the way they do for ship employees. It would cost them nothing to let us sit in an empty seat on a bus or excursion boat ride.

At ports where they charter shuttle buses, they could give us free shuttle tickets to and from town and waive the usual nominal charge.

They could just do some little fun things like giving higher CC levels more than one free scoop of gelato per cruise. Maybe one scoop for classic members, 2 scoops for select, and so on.;)

They could let us attend onboard classes and shipboard activities that normally have a fee and waive the fee.

They could include some free specialty restaurant meals on a space available basis at off-prime times.

They could offer us room service breakfast on the last day of the cruise.

Since they include a premium beverage package for Zenith, it would be nice to include a classic beverage package for Zen, or whatever they decide to call a new half-way level.

We already get all the internet time we need, but there are probably others who would like more internet time.

I'm sure others can think of other perks that they would appreciate more instead of, or in addition to some of these.

I'm sure others can think of other perks that they would appreciate more instead of, or in addition to some of these.

I'm several cruises away from even being Elite, but I just wanted to compliment you on some of those ideas. I don't imagine that all of them can work since a few are a bit of a reach, but some of the others are really nice thoughts. :)

300 points to reach Elite

750 points to reach Elite Plus

3000 points to reach Zenith

Therefore, it would take:

14.285 cruises to get to Elite

35.714 cruises to get to Elite Plus

142.857 cruises to get to Zenith

So are these points cumulative (3000 total points to get to Zenith for a new Captains Club member) or do they reflect the amount to get from the previous level to the next (3000 points to get from Elite Plus to Zenith)?

Thanks from a Classic level member who has a long way to go no matter which way you slice it. :D

So are these points cumulative (3000 total points to get to Zenith for a new Captains Club member) or do they reflect the amount to get from the previous level to the next (3000 points to get from Elite Plus to Zenith)?

Thanks from a Classic level member who has a long way to go no matter which way you slice it. :D

All the amounts are from 0 not from the previous level.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Okay then, for starters here are a few things I would rather have than additional laundry coupons, and they would cost the cruise line very little or nothing at all.

Some time ago there was a discussion about the possibility of being allowed to visit other ships of the same parent company when they are docked in the same port.

Since we would already be cleared for port access, it would take very little additional processing for security to permit a limited number of passengers to visit other ships docked there.

Crew members already get to visit other ships on their time off and travel agents get ship inspection tours for familiarization.

They should be able to set up a similar arrangement for a limited number of passengers.

It would not overcrowd the ships to have a few extra people strolling through the public areas as most passengers are off the ship on port days anyway.

I would like the chance to visit RCI or Azamara ships that happen to be docked at the same port as well as other Celebrity ships, and it would be especially appealing if we happened to be at a dock with one of the new Celebrity ships after it is built.

They could give the next Captain's Club level.access to the pay-per-view movies in the cabin free of charge.

They could provide an additional discount or upgrade when booking future cruises, or allow some combinations such as getting the 123 package when booking a resident or military or other discounted rate.

They could offer a limited number of free ship excursions on a space available basis, the way they do for ship employees. It would cost them nothing to let us sit in an empty seat on a bus or excursion boat ride.

At ports where they charter shuttle buses, they could give us free shuttle tickets to and from town and waive the usual nominal charge.

They could just do some little fun things like giving higher CC levels more than one free scoop of gelato per cruise. Maybe one scoop for classic members, 2 scoops for select, and so on.;)

They could let us attend onboard classes and shipboard activities that normally have a fee and waive the fee.

They could include some free specialty restaurant meals on a space available basis at off-prime times.

They could offer us room service breakfast on the last day of the cruise.

Since they include a premium beverage package for Zenith, it would be nice to include a classic beverage package for Zen, or whatever they decide to call a new half-way level.

We already get all the internet time we need, but there are probably others who would like more internet time.

I think some of the things like shuttle tickets, gelato, movies or discounts on things could be possibilities but I doubt that some of the things that cost a lot more would be offered.

All the amounts are from 0 not from the previous level.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna

Looking at this from a different perspective the points you have to earn to get to the next achievable level are:

2 - to attain Classic

148 - to move from Classic to Select

150 - to move from Select to Elite

450 - to move from Elite to Elite Plus

2250 to move from Elite Plus to Zenith

I am a visual person - so I graphed it ... Now we know why the last level is called Zenith :)

image.jpg.5b9fb94871808ace95db1f85f5e2c886.jpg

How about drink coupons/credits for each 50 points or so

Discounts on their high-margin activities e.g. photo, excursions, specialty dining, wine.

Classic Package for Elite ++ (or whatever the new level is called, if it comes to fruition)

We are young enough where we could possibly make Zenith, but it is not really a goal. I think a loyalty program must provide reasonable (and reasonably obtainable) perks to entice customers to stay with the brand.

The new level between Elite and Zenith could be called EZ-lite.

We're Elite + but really have no possibility of ever getting to Zenith due to our age and budgets. We would love to see another level added (Zen), but realistically do not know what X could offer us as an additional perk that would be that meaningful and that would not cause their bottom line to suffer too much.

With the advent of the drink packages, the "free" cocktail party is now more of a social hour only. More drink coupons are becoming less valuable.

The one additional perk I do wish they would add for Elite + (or in the future, Elite ++) would be to allow us to use the OBC from our RCCL shares combined with other perks. We were saddened not to see that when Elite + was created and thought that would be a really nice thank you to loyal cruisers.

We do sail X primarily because we like the product- not because they give us a great loyalty program. although we think their program is very nice.

They should issue colored sea passes that indicate what level you are and also a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck to flaunt your status. :rolleyes:

NOT.

I don't feel the need for anything to change. Whatever I get is a bonus and I don't cruise to get a free drink, or anything else.

I choose a cruise line for the value and appeal to me. If the overall quality, service, accommodations, and etc is not to my liking than a free drink, and etc isn't going to make it better or change it.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

They should issue colored sea passes that indicate what level you are and also a lanyard so you can wear it around your neck to flaunt your status. :rolleyes:

NOT.

I don't feel the need for anything to change. Whatever I get is a bonus and I don't cruise to get a free drink, or anything else.

I choose a cruise line for the value and appeal to me. If the overall quality, service, accommodations, and etc is not to my liking than a free drink, and etc isn't going to make it better or change it.

happy cruisng

Well said - I totally agree.

Add a tier at 1500 points.

The only perk one gets is a lapel pin, with the word ZEN on it.

Once you achieve 3000 points, you get the other half that says ITH and attach the 2 like the wonder twins for special powers and perks.

The granting of ZEN status is also meant to remind one to maintain a zen-like state as one embarks on the adventure to gain full Zenith status.

NOT.

happy cruisng

I'm not as PC when calling out.

I like it.

Edited by wallie5446

• 3 years later...

I may be off the topic here a little a bit and forgive me if I am. But I for one, would prefer access to the Luminae Restaurant in lieu of the free 7-day cruise. Its one or the other but not both, unless one reached the 6,000 points (double Zenith). Similar to what was posted, all 150+ Zenith members will not all sail at the same time. How much of a burden will it be for the Luminae to accommodate the most 10 Zenith members? Also, Zenith members invested in a lot of money compared to current Suite passengers who may or may not be loyal Celebrity cruisers. As far as the Zen (1500) and Zen+(2,250) level, I do agree there should 2-other levels that one can strive for as one gets closer to Zenith. It appears this is an issue cuz what else can one ask for as one reaches the next level. Another post mentioned the following benefits: IMHO: For Zen: 500-min Internet, 5 Free Movies, and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package For Zen+: 1000-min Internet, 10 free movies, and Classic Beverage Package. For Zenith: Complimentary movies, and access to Luminae Restaurant OR complimentary 7-day cruise.

It is interesting that you resurrected this zombie thread from 2015, as well as a second thread about this same topic.

My comment is copied from that other thread

"Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced at the Q&A that there would be a new level at Captain's Club between Elite Plus and Zenith. She said it would debut this month but had no further details."

She has since backed off from that.

It is interesting that you resurrected this zombie thread from 2015, as well as a second thread about this same topic.

My comment is copied from that other thread

"Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced at the Q&A that there would be a new level at Captain's Club between Elite Plus and Zenith. She said it would debut this month but had no further details."

She has since backed off from that.

Here we go... ;p

I may be off the topic here a little a bit and forgive me if I am. But I for one, would prefer access to the Luminae Restaurant in lieu of the free 7-day cruise. Its one or the other but not both, unless one reached the 6,000 points (double Zenith). Similar to what was posted, all 150+ Zenith members will not all sail at the same time. How much of a burden will it be for the Luminae to accommodate the most 10 Zenith members? Also, Zenith members invested in a lot of money compared to current Suite passengers who may or may not be loyal Celebrity cruisers. As far as the Zen (1500) and Zen+(2,250) level, I do agree there should 2-other levels that one can strive for as one gets closer to Zenith. It appears this is an issue cuz what else can one ask for as one reaches the next level. Another post mentioned the following benefits: IMHO: For Zen: 500-min Internet, 5 Free Movies, and Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package For Zen+: 1000-min Internet, 10 free movies, and Classic Beverage Package. For Zenith: Complimentary movies, and access to Luminae Restaurant OR complimentary 7-day cruise.

For your information the Zenith members now already surpassed 350

There were 27 Zenith members attended the Luncheon party on the recent Eclipse Transatlantic

Edited by verizon